RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved]Can still buy things with 0 currency.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Well, here's my problem. I can't buy things from the actual vendor stores using the shop processing event. But I made a  few event things such as a STAT increaser and  teleporter. The problem is, I can still use those things when I have 0 gold. The STAT increaser takes away 150 gold (I checked the event and it's fine) and the teleporter takes away 20 gold.

Any idea on how to get it not to do this? Any script that could stop this?

~Yours truly, Lac.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:26:09 PM by Lac »

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
Aew you using the shop processing command?
Working on world of sorrow again.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I mentioned that in  the above post.

Yes, I  am. But as I stated, I'm using custom vendors to increase STATS such as STR, DEX, AGI, etc... Which do not use the shop processing command/event.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Someone answer this please.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Can you upload your project or a demo containing the problem? I'd like to test it out myself and look through it.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Sure, I'll pm it to you, go to the top left or top right and talk to the people.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
To me, it sound like you forgot to make a conditional switch to check if the player has such amount of gold.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
How do you do that? I'll go experiment for now.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No need to tell him. I'm going to edit his game for all the edits and I'm going to PM with the link later.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
I don't think I included the  rpgxp file with it. Just the .exe to play the game and the images. Do you want the file?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 02:01:40 AM by Lac »

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
No need to tell him. I'm going to edit his game for all the edits and I'm going to PM with the link later.

Wouldn't it be much better to just tell him how to do it?  He would benefit a lot more from learning how to do a simple condition check, than from you editing it for him.

@ Lac

What you need to do is make a conditional branch that checks if they have enough currency to buy the item.

1: Conditional branch button.

2: Page to find the Currency option.

3: Check the currency/gold box.

4: Enter the amount of gold they need to buy the item.

That should be enough to get you started, in order for me to really help you out, I would need to see the event also. 

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
That speaks all.
It SHOULD work now.
Best try it.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
...LOL YOU CAN DO THAT? I did it with variables. ;9

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Yup, you can do it that way, and with variables and with the script thingie in the branch.
If you for some reason want to store the gold amount and use it for some computation later it might be a good idea putting the information in a variable ^_^