RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I was just wondering if you guys think I'm a good spriter or not?

Rep:
Level 88
I enjoy creating Character Sprites.....
Here's one of my most current works, it's Inuyasha, but he's not finished yet.....
Make sure that the juice was worth the squeeze

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I like it, just put some more colors. It's kinda bright. Other than that it's all there  ;8
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 88
Dude, are those your sprites!?

They're freaking awesome..... Which makes me curious.....Are you using Ccoa's Sideview Battle System?

P.S. I've realized that my sprites are bright, but I don't know how to fix it..... Should I start with a darker red, and then blend?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:59:31 PM by Calintz »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Arrr, Calintz.
nice sprite. ;D

Maybe you should darken ye sprite a wee bit.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Dude, are those your sprites!?

They're freaking awesome..... Which makes me curious.....Are you using Ccoa's Sideview Battle System?

P.S. I've realized that my sprites are bright, but I don't know how to fix it..... Should I start with a darker red, and then blend?
Dude, no. But yes, I suggest dark, blended color... although it depends on how you use the colors :| It's pretty much individual.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I like it. Way better than I could do.

Rep:
Level 88
Thnx guys, I will take all of your advice into consideration and redo him.....

Thnx again!!

Rep:
Level 88
All right!!

He's almost finished.....

Here's an update, I took your advice into consideration and Darjened him up, and you guys were right!!
Have a look see and tell me what you think.....

The second pic is what he's going to look like stuck on the Sacred Tree.....

Rep:
Level 88
I need a favor.....

I'm kind of a beginner and I do have problems with creating hair.....

So I'm gonna upload a picture of one my main characters spritesheets, and I would appreciate it if some of you more talented spriters would give her some better hair, however it has to look like the reference that I'm gonna post.....

Thnx in advance guys!!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think that the hair should come out the back like Kagome in the picture does. In your spriteset, it looks like she has short hair. Also, nice Inuyasha sprites. Something just seems off to me since the hair's outline is just one pixel. Probably looks ownage in the game.

Rep:
Level 88
Ok.....

So I took everyone's tips into consideration and wanna know what everyone thinks.....
I gave Kagome some hair to travel down her back, and I darkened my Inuyasha Sprites.....

So, whaddya guys think!? Am I heading in the right direction here? Is Kagome ready to finish!?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
the reason it looks brighter is because you are both using far fewer colors to shade Inu, and because the base skin color you use is brighter.

Also, if you're doing ALL of your sprites yourself in this style, these wouldn't be issues. However, since you probably aren't, you should consider the fact that your outlines are black, while the ones of the RTP sprites are dark shades of the base colors of the area said colors are outlining.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I like its clean style, but sadly it won't fit into most RTP-ish resources well with that.

Rep:
Level 88
Alrighty, thnx guys.....

I'll take everything into consideration and see what I can come up with.....

There!! I've finished an example of what you guys demonstrated.....So am I on the right track with the new outline!? Should I re-edit the whole sprite to have the new outline, or keep the old!?
I took your advice and also modified my Kagome sprite, whaddya think!?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:15:35 PM by Calintz »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
the new outline looks good, but remember, it only works because the sprites used in the RTP files have alot more shading and coloring, so you'll have to do that as well.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I see that yer gettin' bettre.
Your Kagome sprite looks better then Inuyasha.
That's  ;Da good sign.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Haha...I also realized that Leventhan..... Thnx...

I made some of m own battlers, let me see if I can post them and get back to you.....