RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Paranormal

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
What is your thoughts about the paranormal? Do youbelive in ghosts, or anything similar to this? Discuss what you think about the paranormal.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I don't believe in ghosts, strictly speaking as they are undead entities.  I believe ghosts may be people from other universes that sift into our own without their realizing it, such would explain many paranormal entities, such as the mothman, who was seen in point pleasant in the 1960s.  Mothman resided in the TNT area, where nuclear waste was kept, and many people believe that extraterrestrials may be drawn to (or alarmed by) nuclear waste.  Could this have some sort of side effect, that even the creators of the first nuclear bombs did not realize?  Weakening the walls between universes?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Arrr!
Although in our world, some strange and unexplainable disturbances exists; we can just judge it as the supernatural or entities. sometimes our own fear created the disturbances just by thinking about it.

I'm a sceptic pirate. 
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Great, now learn how to spell skeptic at least if you want a shred of respect.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
This thread is absolutely doomed to fail and be ripped to shreds by the ID nazis.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Typos. :tpg:
The supernatural of the East isn't like the horrors of the west. Japanese horror has a more historical record connected with it. Like how we're not allowed to get to the top of Mt. Fuji. It's actually because in time back, there were a demon war and the corpses were left on top of Mt. Fuji. That is why (they say) the top of Mt. Fuji is bumpy. Mounds of demon corpse.....

Yeah, right... :P

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It also comes through in popular culture, like movies and games and such.

America and Europe mainly make movies about monsters or mutants. (Frankenstein, Dracula, Werewolves.)
Japan mainly makes movies about spirits. (The Grudge, the Ring, Fatal Frame series.)

Most of the time, anyway.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Dipshit, 'sceptic' is a perfectly fine alternative spelling of 'skeptic'. You know, the British variant. And what your prior post has made me lose any respect I could ever have had for you, not that I had any anyhow.
Oh, and bio, you may want to apply Occam's razor as well as a good dosage of common sense to your idea there. Maybe you'll see why it's retarded then.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
 :tpg: Damn, English is not my main language.
(I would say that word "typos" is a typo but it would be humiliating)

The differences of supernatural between nations or places should explain that people with different culture and place has a different fear themselves. That's why "ghosts" are many.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Every religion and every culture has sightings of the Ghosts or similar some see them as Positive and others as negative... Either way with sightings world over and almost every one I know having a story or variant of a sighting or just a cold eerie feeling to dismiss them would be wrong.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I think that MOST (not all) of the ghosts people claim to see are because the people want to see them or are paranoid about not wanting to see them so when they see something that is weird (ex. an object falling on it's own, ect) there imagination/paranoia/whatever blows the whole thing out of proportion and they believe it was the act of a ghost, ect.

Once again I repeat this is my belief in MOST cases (please don't hate me) , in the others I just willingly admit that there are some things common logic cannot explain
The enemy of my enemy's enemy is my enemy....i think

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Well, when someone talks about how there have been UFO sightings everywhere since the beggining of history, I will be more active in this topic.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:46:08 PM by biohazard »

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Every religion and every culture has sightings of the Ghosts or similar some see them as Positive and others as negative... Either way with sightings world over and almost every one I know having a story or variant of a sighting or just a cold eerie feeling to dismiss them would be wrong.
Well, that doesn't really mean much. It just means that's a common cross-cultural myth, and not surprising since humans tend to be fascinated by death (and life following it)- there are also many myths throughout the world relevant to draconic creatures, world (or at least very large) deluges and god knows what else. That's really not enough to convince me that ghosts or any other paranormal phenomenon exists or any such thing (although if I read your post correctly you're not even necessarily stipulating that they do exist).

So, is this my first post directed at LoS that didn't have an insult or obscenity in some form? Cuz I think it is.
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
My views on the paranormal are very similar to my views on religion. Basically, I don't really know one way or the other, and while it is very interesting to converse and learn about, it doesn't matter to me. I do enjoy talking about it very much though.

One thing that stands out the most to me is something from when I was very young. A girl I went to elementary school with was playing on the jungle gym in the afternoon, a few hours after school was let out. The concrete anchors that hold down the playground equipment were not secure, and the whole set fell over, crushing her beneath. She was rushed to the hospital, but sadly, she didn't survive. I had a dream around this time where I had the flu, and was bed-ridden and on the verge of dying. I woke up crying, (being only around six or seven,) and like a good mother will do, mine soon had me sleeping again. I found out later that the girl, Jill-Anne, had uttered something very coincidental right before she died. Her last words: "Do I have a fever?"

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
So, is this my first post directed at LoS that didn't have an insult or obscenity in some form? Cuz I think it is.

LOL - Yep it's a 1st... I hope the first of many... As I don't think I have ever attacked you ?

More on how I feel on this subject.

Ghost is a bit of a crap definition of what I think these sightings to be... When people think Ghosts the automatically think of Sheet like looking creatures or transparent people...

I do think there is more to this world than the eye can see and I think the soul survives death... As Einstein says energy never stops to exist it changes forms... So when we die I think the energy (Soul) changes form... I think Orb's or plasma is more acceptable phenomenon... I am not saying it's a proven one, or some thing I hold to heart as true... It's some thing I would like to hope is true, else life is kind of pointless...

The Paranormal has many grey area's... Ghosts have so many shades of Grey and peoples opinions will differ so much I think it's unfair to reject any ones claims despite how far fetched they may seem... I mean take for example The film the Exorcist, it's based on Alleged True events !!!

common cross-cultural myth

Very true... The only other Cross Cultural myth that I can think of that comes close is UFO's and abductions... Could it be that Myth may hold some truth ?... Often Mtyh's are exaggerated truth's...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 11:30:42 AM by landofshadows »

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
I do think there is more to this world than the eye can see and I think the soul survives death... As Einstein says energy never stops to exist it changes forms... So when we die I think the energy (Soul) changes form... I think Orb's or plasma is more acceptable phenomenon... I am not saying it's a proven one, or some thing I hold to heart as true... It's some thing I would like to hope is true, else life is kind of pointless...
I defeat this point by saying that souls do not exist.

Very true... The only other Cross Cultural myth that I can think of that comes close is UFO's and abductions... Could it be that Myth may hold some truth ?... Often Mtyh's are exaggerated truth's...
I don't think the two are analogous.

Voudriez-vous toucher mon croissant ?
Rep:
Level 87
Don't touch at my profile !!!!
I believe at ghosts, but I've never see a ghost ^^  ;9 This is bad...
But I think what they exist !

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Interesting argument.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I defeat this point by saying that souls do not exist.

Soul might not be the right description to use... But it's the one people can most relate too.

I don't really think we turn into angels or ghosts as such... But I think there is more to life than reproducing, and reproduction is what every other living creature on this planet does, so why... Why are we to keep spawning... I think whatever energy is released from us at the point of death, it could be as simple as our energy being used for some thing else, may be feeding energy based life forms or joining an energy stream, like a legion of sorts... For we become one of the many... May be our energy is used in the birth of a new star or planet... I have no idea... But I don't follow religion, so I have to hold on to some sort of idea that there is more to life than Birth, reproducing and death.

For me blinking into nothingness depresses me.

Watch this clip from Star Trek:- http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1085225832 (Click the number area at the end of the link, may display in yellow on your PC)

Jean Luc sums up sort of what I mean.

Picard replies that everyone has their own ideas and beliefs about it, some thinking that it's an abrupt end, and that their knowledge and experiences they've gained will become lost forever, while others think they move on to a higher existence where more knowledge awaits.

There may be away of forming energy into a form of your former self after death... So Ghost's could be a possibility... Who knows ?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 12:59:20 PM by landofshadows »