RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Metroid Prime 3 (¡¡DL THE WII WARE PREVIEW NOW!!)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

Metroid Timeline: (According to Metroid.com, and I'm not arguing with it)
Metroid (/Zero mission)
Metroid II: The Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime: Hunters?
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid Fusion

I'm so f------ psyched about this game.
The game looks freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler for Pictures:
The pictures are in really bad quality...

What I want to know...is who the hell are these other people??!!??!!

New power beam looks sweet, eh?

Graphics inferior to Halo 3? I don't think so...

Oh so evil....

New Looks looks awesome.

I like the new font...and the corruption font too!

Spoiler for Features:
Confirmed things:

You can use you ship in battle, first game to use your ship in game play
A stacked weapon system, think Super Metroid (Beam power stacks too!)
Hunters
Dark Samus....
New Beams
Ridley
Varia Suit
Hyper Mode Samus
Grapple Beam
Gunship Mode
Command Visor <controls ship!
Combat Visor
Scan Visor
Screw Attack (< I'd so like to use that attack on her)
X-Ray Beam(I don't know what it is, but I read it's confirmed, it's rumored to wave beam, let's hope!)
Charge Beam
Morph Ball
MB Bombs
X-Ray Visor
Missles
Online Wii24 Connect. (Nobody knows for what...  ;9 )
Voice Acting
Plasma Beam
You don't lose abilities such as Morph Ball later in on the game. What you get you keep.
60 Frames Per-Second

Spoiler for The origin of Dark Samus:

Who is dark samus?????

Well, I never beat the game on 100%, but I got like 70 or something. 79 I think, that's getting off subject.

If you beat the game on full 100%, you get this ending...

Metroid Prime is Dark Samus. In my opinion, though.

Some, if you thought Echos had really nothing to do with MP, you're 100% wrong.

This is my back story on what happened after MP.

Dark samus is born.
You get the call from Aether.
Dark Samus wants revenge and tracks your skinny white ass to Aether, and wants another go at the death match.

You pawn that Phazon bitch. How ever. She's back.

In the 100% ending of MP2, when you kill her, she "Phazes" out, as I like to say.
If you notice when she teleports, it sort of like her in the ending, dying out.
But she doesn't stay dead. She comes back for one more final bitch slap. That's the end.

(The phazen formed in space and all you see is a blue figure out in space...)

See, however, how she ties into Echos, you may not know, is that Phazen tear Aether into the two worlds. but you restore it in the end.
Spoiler for What what what? Hyper mode Samus!!!:

Is rumored to be Hypermode, and not Dark Samus. In the game, you never get a real good look at her, unless you look real close, scan or pause.

Here's my comparison to this "New" Dark samus, and real dark samus...

OK, first: The Helmet: (Dark Yellow) The dark samus to the right, her helmet looks more fleshy, and darker and more evil.
Shoulder Pads: (Dark Blue) The shoulder pads on Right DS looks strangely like Metroids...
And it also looks more fleshy.
Torso: (Purple) Obviously looks sort of like tissue on the right DS. And it has sort of a different design.
Hands: (Gray) They are more like normal Samus on the left DS. But on the Right DS, they're more like claws. A lot more. And they also have the "eye" thing that's on the hand of DS in the end of MP.
Arm-Cannon: (Red) The gun on the left DS is more cone shaped. And has a weird tip thing.
However, on right DS, it's more like normal Samus's arm cannon.
Knees: (Turquoise)  The knees right DS don't have Knee Blades, but on real Samus they do, and so does left DS.
Feet: (Green) Well, same as hands.

The right DS was seen in Metroid Prime, and Prime 2. So, I have to swing towards that the left DS is Hypermode Samus, and not Dark Samus redone. You decide. But all questions will be answered when the game comes out. 60 days. (Aprox)

But wait there's more! In a trailer for MP3, it shows that this is Dark Samus indeed.
Looks can kill.

Spoiler for The Hunters...:

The mysterious Ice Hunter..he is not Noxus. Nor did I ever believe him to be, because he looks different.

Retro has confirmed that there will be a total of *7* hunters, and not all of them will be helpful.

Hunterlist:
Rundus: The ice guy (Official name!)
**: The purple chick who can shape-shift.
**: The metal cyborg
**: The guy who looks like Weavel from MP:H
There are still three that we don't know about...

Spoiler for Hyper Mode:

That's morph ball mode!

Holy shit! There's more to Hyper mode!!!

Notice now it's "Hyper Mode Corrupted", this probably means that after Hyper Mode, you become Corrupted Hyper Mode...Damn, those are some long laces!

Here's the normal samus in Hyper Mode:

I would ask Samus to marry me if she wasn't fictional...

And this is a new Hunter, (or Rundus or the purple chick) which some...hunters can have Hyper Mode!

Spoiler for Phazon Seeds!:
Ok, these are the things that corrupt the planets, and spread the corruption.
This is a supposed image of one:

Spoiler for Galaxy Co-op:

I was reading around...the WiiConnect24 area of MP3 is supposedly this thing called Galaxy Co-op...what is it? I don't know.
But from what it sounds like: You can play MP3 with a friend.
This was released at last years E3...so I hear.

When asked about a multiplayer option, Tezuka responded, "We are exploring some options. We're looking at some ideas. More than, say, any sort of versus play, I think we'll be more inclined to do cooperative style of play. More of a cooperative style than a versus style."

I'll have more on this when I find more.

Can't wait!

Anyone else care to share their happiness?

P.S., according to GamePro, the graphics are a lot better than Halo 2, but that's all they say, as they went to Retro Studios.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:29:17 PM by SirJackRex »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I can't wait either. I'm positive that it'll be online. :D

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'm positive that it'll be online. :D

As much as I'd like to enjoy that thought too, Nintendo denies all questions to even a hint of online play, however, according to wikipedia, it'll have some unknown  function with WiiConnect24...let's hope and pray...  :blizj:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Dark Samus...Returns?! !_!

I went in love after seeing it's 8Trailer in G4 in the Announcement of the Wii ;___; I Want this Along with SSB Brawl.

Casn't even wait for the Soundtrack (Currently Have Both Metroid Prime & Echoes Soundtracks) +__+

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Dark Samus...Returns?! !_!

I went in love after seeing it's 8Trailer in G4 in the Announcement of the Wii ;___; I Want this Along with SSB Brawl.

Casn't even wait for the Soundtrack (Currently Have Both Metroid Prime & Echoes Soundtracks) +__+

Ehh, the soundtracks were better in the 2D ones...and MP had a way better score than MP2.

But this one is supposed to "revolutionize" the way we play console FPSs. (and yes, according to sites it's an actual FPS,, not FPA)

Also, it's supposed to be very close to an PC FPS. The closest...

And the controls are supposed to be perfect.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I know, u get to use the Wii Control to control the Power beam...I saw it...I like it what they did, kinda makes you go into the game.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I know, u get to use the Wii Control to control the Power beam...I saw it...I like it what they did, kinda makes you go into the game.

Exactly.

I give Nintendo 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 rep up for making this game! :epic:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 ^-^ I cannot wait, I'll be getting a Reservation for a Copy the 1st day then...

I Must Have it...even if I have to kill someone +__+

I guess the guys who appear infront of Samus which u asked must be other "Bounty Hunters" btw =3 or maybe u already know that xD

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
This game is going to ROCK!!! (Metroid Fan here, i have played ALL of the metroid games)

Love the new suit of Dark Samus and the look of Samus ship......

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This is going to be awesome. Red Steel's a good game because of the controls. imagine Metroid with the motion controls. O_O

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
It's like you're Inside the game xD

Seriously, when it hits the market they're gonna be out in the first day, I mean...This is awesome xD

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Yeah i played super metriod and then like teh gba ones and then metriod prime, and i fucking love these games. But for Nintendo's sake i hope they don't add an ammo limit to the beams.

Someone told me it wasn't gonna have any multiplayer :(

Is that true?

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah i played super metriod and then like teh gba ones and then metriod prime, and i fucking love these games. But for Nintendo's sake i hope they don't add an ammo limit to the beams.

Someone told me it wasn't gonna have any multiplayer :(

Is that true?

1) Ammo was a huge FAIL, and I think Nintendo said it wasn't going to be ammo, but there are new beams!  ;8 ;8 ;8
2) Nintendo tries to deny all references to a multiplayer function....

^-^ I cannot wait, I'll be getting a Reservation for a Copy the 1st day then...

I Must Have it...even if I have to kill someone +__+

I guess the guys who appear infront of Samus which u asked must be other "Bounty Hunters" btw =3 or maybe u already know that xD

Yeah, I knew they were bounty hunters.
There's another bounty hunter, they showed him in the trailer, he looks f------ awesome, he's like ice and shit.
The purple girl can transform, btw.
They also said that there's going to be a cameo from MP Hunters...so...I think it might be the blue techno looking guy...

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
FINALLY i was woundering when someone was gonna make this topic OFMG Dark Samus *cough*Metroid Prime*cough* :-) good to see the bounty hunter back in action ;8

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
FINALLY i was woundering when someone was gonna make this topic OFMG Dark Samus *cough*Metroid Prime*cough* :-) good to see the bounty hunter back in action ;8

There's a video of samus in Hyper mode on GameInformer, but I couldn't find it!  :mad:

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
........ sweeettttttttttttttt :blizj:

Rep:
Level 89
the planet looks like a frozen one.....and someone mention the blue techno looking guy, Sylux? maybe he may be there......but i hope they add more story to it (on MPH, it only say that he has a intense hatred to the Galactic Federation and for Samus for assisting the Galactic Federation...)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
the planet looks like a frozen one.....and someone mention the blue techno looking guy, Sylux? maybe he may be there......but i hope they add more story to it (on MPH, it only say that he has a intense hatred to the Galactic Federation and for Samus for assisting the Galactic Federation...)

Yeah, I think they said that they said he has a huge cameo in the game...
Sylux, everybody around forums thinks it's sylux.

The planet looks frozen because it's been corrupted by Phazon.
Retro studios said that: the first two games described what phazon can do, now this one tells the back story of phazon, and how it came to be.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Hope they pull it off...Also hope they get a good multiplayer going on, MP2 multiplayer was sad...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Hope they pull it off...Also hope they get a good multiplayer going on, MP2 multiplayer was sad...

They will and they did. According to like every game site that tried it out.
Most of them said it handled real good.

And MP2 was fun. It had it's moments, and don't people read posts?
Nintendo is denying all multiplayer fucntions. As of now, we can't say there's going to mulitplayer support. I happen to believe nintendo. Maybe we will. But what they say, is that why it's taking them so long to finish the project, is that they wanted it to be perfect. I can handle no multiplayer feature for a perfect game.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I wish we can play around with Samus Zero  ;D

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Maybe you can.

Hopefully.

P.S., I think I know what you mean, and I refuse to comply to a disgrace of Samus. (<See, I used caps this time, to truly show how cool she is)

Spoiler for More News:

Who is dark samus?????

Well, I never beat the game on 100%, but I got like 70 or something. 79 I think, that's getting off subject.

If you beat the game on full 100%, you get this ending...

Metroid Prime is Dark Samus. In my opinion, though.

Some, if you thought Echos had really nothing to do with MP, you're 100% wrong.

This is my back story on what happened after MP.

Dark samus is born.
You get the call from Aether.
Dark Samus wants revenge and tracks your skinny white ass to Aether, and wants another go at the death match.

You pawn that Phazon bitch. How ever. She's back.

In the 100% ending of MP2, when you kill her, she "Phazes" out, as I like to say.
If you notice when she teleports, it sort of like her in the ending, dying out.
But she doesn't stay dead. She comes back for one more final bitch slap. That's the end.

(The phazen formed in space and all you see is a blue figure out in space...)

See, however, how she ties into Echos, you may not know, is that Phazen tear Aether into the two worlds. but you restore it in the end.

Damn, she's hot.

I can't wait.

P.S., if you haven't seen it already, here it is: (The demo level)

EDIT:

Quote from: From Wikipedia

It has been stated in a Nintendo Power interview with Retro Studios that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption may in fact have multiplayer, but "not in the same context as Echoes." The game's delay seems to support this information and has opened up the frequently mentioned possibility for online play.

Maybe it will. But what could that mean...  ;9

Also, the MP hunters was a big hit with mulitplayer!

Spoiler for Edit 2:

Quote from: From wikipedia
Phazon and its role

The mysterious material, Phazon, will again play an integral role in the adventure, possibly even more so than in Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. In an IGN interview with the game's director, Mark Pacini, Pacini stated:
“    The idea behind the title is that in Prime 1 and Prime 2 we used Phazon as a way to explain what was happening on each planet. In Prime 1, the planet was corrupted by Phazon. In Prime 2, the Phazon caused the world to split into two on Aether. In Metroid Prime 3, we're trying to explain what the origins of Phazon were and it's the culmination of what this is all about. It's not only a story element - the Phazon and corruption which happen on a planetary scale - but it also happens in a gameplay sense as well. Samus herself gets corrupted by Phazon and actually begins to develop abilities based on that Phazon. So that's kind of why the game is titled "Corruption". You yourself are becoming corrupted.[2]    ”

In the game, Samus and the other hunters will become infected with Phazon by Dark Samus. This infection will become increasingly apparent through the game. During the time that Samus is in "Hyper-mode" (as Retro refers to it), the graphics will be altered. A short demo video at Gameinformer.com has revealed one attack, taking place in the Morph Ball mode, that will send out many tendrils of Phazon to attack nearby enemies. In this same video, an attack from Samus' arm cannon can be seen in the first few frames recorded (after the three seconds of black with the overlaying GameInformer name). While in Hyper-mode, you will have two meters: A "Corruption" meter, displayed by the text "Hyper-mode Corruption" and a two-digit & one decimal percent, and a green "Phazon" meter, displayed by a simple bar. The Corruption meter rises and when it reaches the maximum, Samus will perish. Samus cannot enter hyper-mode until the Phazon meter is full and it lowers as you use Phazon attacks. Samus can die from misuse of this ability. Pacini also made references to a unique Phazon ability set that can be built upon and added to as one plays through the game.

So, really, it's been this big thing up to Corruption.
I hate Nintendo how they play with fan-boys hearts!  :mad:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:18:18 AM by SirJackRex »

Rep:
Level 89
Ah.......the "Hyper-Mode Corruption" makes sence, since the Phazon is a dangerous material......but i wonder how will Samus's suit be able to handle the Phazon with her Chozo suit......maybe she'll get a new suit by the corruption of the Phazon.....

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Ah.......the "Hyper-Mode Corruption" makes sence, since the Phazon is a dangerous material......but i wonder how will Samus's suit be able to handle the Phazon with her Chozo suit......maybe she'll get a new suit by the corruption of the Phazon.....

She herself gets corrupted. Think of it like over dirve, or multiple personalities.
But who knows, that's just me.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
that metroid is a smart bugger survived 2 games ... a record for a metroid bad guy