RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do you create skill miss animations

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
For every animation I make, the hit and miss animations are the same.  How do I make a different one for it?

Rep:
Level 91
go to animation tab and put another text and animation for miss/kill/whatever  :roll:  (btw seeing as you didn't know that try not to say you make animations because you obviously just choose the animation from the nice list and you can't figure out why it always comes out the same)
holy shit my sig was big!

Quote from: blueXx
go to animation tab and put another text and animation for miss/kill/whatever  :roll:  (btw seeing as you didn't know that try not to say you make animations because you obviously just choose the animation from the nice list and you can't figure out why it always comes out the same)

Well actually i'm not choosing pre-made animations from the list.  I'm using the animation files, yes, as well as my own that I make up in paint/photoshop with sound effects I find on the internet to make my own skill animations.  You don't need know how to make a miss animation for a skill to know how to do that.  But thanks anyway.

Rep:
Level 91
oh you mean INSIDE the battle? >>
i thought you were makign some animation that say "miss" and you don't understand why it's the same -.-

well... good news.. you can't
there will always be only 1 type of miss cause it's a text showing script in case of not hitting the enemy
even if you'll find the miss line and change it to show a picture of miss you will still face the problem- for the entire game, there would only be 1 miss type.

Quote from: blueXx
oh you mean INSIDE the battle? >>
i thought you were makign some animation that say "miss" and you don't understand why it's the same -.-

No, I was trying to make an animation to accompany that automatic "miss" text.  You know how you can test the hit and miss animations? How there are buttons for them.  Clicking the hit animation and the miss animation buttons resulted in the same animations.  I wanted know how to create a animation variant for the miss part. I figured it out.  In the window where you set up the timing of the sound effects and screen/character effects, you can toggle the variant to being only for hits, misses, or both hits and missings.  At least in my version, the Hit+Miss variant is the default option, I just never noticed it.  So now my enemies flash red when hit, and nothing happens when you miss.

One thing I guess I should've mentioned from the start, I'm using RPG Maker XP, by the way.

Rep:
Level 91
that's not animation.. it's screen tinting and optional removing the battlers for X frames...  :roll:

if you said that's what you wanted from the start maybe you could save me 2 posts...

in the animation tab it's called "effects" and not animation >>
note the diffrence next time you ask for such a thing seeing as you could make an animation for the word miss and the word hit, those may be useful in abs

Dude, why are you trying to talk to me like i'm some 8 year-old dumb***?
If you gonna respond like a prick, then please, just don't bother trying to "help" me at all.

You obviously have barely an idea of what i'm trying to do.  Once again (I'll break it down for you).

I'm making skill animations.

An example is a skill called Bo Shurkien.

When the character uses this skill, they throw 4-5 Bo Shuriken at an enemy.

When the player executes the skill successfully, the enemy flashes red every time they are hit by a Shuriken.

My problem was, this also happened with the player missed (the enemy still flashed red).

So I wanted to know how to make a variation of the animation so that the enemy does NOT flash red when not hit by the Shuriken.

I figured out (on my own), that you can toggle the hit and miss effects in the window where you can set up the timing of the sound effects and screen/character effects.  If you read my previous post more carefully, you'd see I already said that.

I know the difference between animation and screen tinting/character effects(such as flashing, disappearing).

Once again like I said before, in the animation tab, to the right of the grid, there is a button labeled, hit animation, and a button labeled miss animation.  My problem was that both animations were the same.  I'll say this plainly, clicking on each button resulted in the same animation, meaning in the game, regardless of the success/failure of the execution of a skill, the enemy would still APPEAR to be affected by the skill (hit by a grenade, stuck with a Shurkien, gashed with a knife, etc).  So, once again, I wanted to know how to make a variation of the animation that was to be shown when the user "misses".  And also once again, I figured out the key to doing so(at least what would work for me) was to toggle enemy effects, adjusting their variant so that they would flash when hit, and nothing would happened when not hit.

I feel like i'm repeating myself.  Once again, for the last time, I am making skill animations and I *wanted* to know how to make a miss animation in addition to a hit animation.  If you still can't see that, then oh well, i'm through.  Next time, try not to be so hasty to try and make someone feel stupid.

Rep:
Level 91
wow and i thought you are stupid, i didn't know you'll repeat what i said as if you try to disagree.. that's beyond stupidity

there is animation (aka who cares, some images, some frames of it) and then there is the horrible tinting option no one use and you seem to be on about
it doesn't take a genius to realize that if there is a scrolling thing there might be more than 1 option in it

you should have said you are talking about the animation effect table (look above it , it's called effects >.>)

instead of
"i am making miss / hit animations"

cause you are making miss/hit effects for diffrent animations

Read man. Read!  I've been trying to say to you that I did not know that the key to varying the animations was done in the effects window.  Thats something I figured out on my own AFTER posting this question here, something that just been a complete waste of my time.  I've figured it out, I have varying animations for characters hitting and missing, and i've moved on with my game.  This will be my last post in which I will come back here and continue this childish argument.

So just forget it, man.  Do me a favor and just don't bother responding to topics I post the next time you feel like exposing you true colors as an asshole.

Rep:
Level 91
search button twat, no one can possibly say he is right when blue say he isn't , no matter how much you could have been right despite the fact you are wrong

my bottom line twat , is that what you talked about IS NOT ANIMATION nice of you to figure it out but don't ask questions if you don't understand what is the answer you are looking for.

(don't bother replying, you can't possibly have anything new to say)

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'm very tired right now, and am a little confused, because it seems you're both arguing the same point. It's quite funny actually.

Some people just can't appreciate anything, can they blue?
:tinysmile: