RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Spell Help - taunt

pokeball LucOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Why hello there! /waves

Ok this is what I need help with. I am trying to create a spell that more or less forces (or makes it more likely) for a monster to attack one person. Kinda like a tank in a mmorpg. Is this possible, and if so could you show me how to do it.

Thanks again
Luc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At first you don't succeed, load up the save game and try try again.

Rep:
Level 91
this is a bit difficult without scripts
actually it's easy but not very realistic.

here is the event way (until tsu or anyone else can make/find such a thing for you)

make a status called "taunted" and another inflicting "tauting"
they will both disable all actions (under restrictions in the status effect menu)

now, make them both unrecoverable

now back to the skill we will call it taunt (duh...)
make it do no damage at all, cost whatever mana (aka sp).

now link it to a common event.

in the common event do
variable taunt = (1,10) (or something)

now say you want 60% then
if taunt =>6 then
-loop
--message: the monsters are getting annoyed, select which one you wish to taunt.
--show choices (1,2,3,more)
---if 1 then
----if monster 1 is present then
-----inflict status (monster1) + taunted
-----end loop
----else
---if 2 then
----same as monster 1 and so on until you get to the more part, then you put 4.5,6,more and later 7,8.
-repeat (the "finish line" of the loop)
-inflict status (hero- make sure you make 1 event for each hero otherwise it can go weird, simply copy paste the event, change this line and link each to it's respective hero skill tree) = taunting

now inside battle event you do "trigger event for turn 0+0X" (will work every turn)

if hero 1 is inflicted with taunting then
-deal damage (your call here): hero1

(same with the rest of the heroes)
you can also make it so that both stats will heal at the same time so it won't last forever but make sure they are removed at the same turn.

hope it helped, it isn't a very good system, but that's what you can do without scripts
i might be missing something but oh well
holy shit my sig was big!

pokeball LucOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Quote from: blueXx
this is a bit difficult without scripts
actually it's easy but not very realistic.

here is the event way (until tsu or anyone else can make/find such a thing for you)

make a status called "taunted" and another inflicting "tauting"
they will both disable all actions (under restrictions in the status effect menu)

now, make them both unrecoverable

now back to the skill we will call it taunt (duh...)
make it do no damage at all, cost whatever mana (aka sp).

now link it to a common event.

in the common event do
variable taunt = (1,10) (or something)

now say you want 60% then
if taunt =>6 then
-loop
--message: the monsters are getting annoyed, select which one you wish to taunt.
--show choices (1,2,3,more)
---if 1 then
----if monster 1 is present then
-----inflict status (monster1) + taunted
-----end loop
----else
---if 2 then
----same as monster 1 and so on until you get to the more part, then you put 4.5,6,more and later 7,8.
-repeat (the "finish line" of the loop)
-inflict status (hero- make sure you make 1 event for each hero otherwise it can go weird, simply copy paste the event, change this line and link each to it's respective hero skill tree) = taunting

now inside battle event you do "trigger event for turn 0+0X" (will work every turn)

if hero 1 is inflicted with taunting then
-deal damage (your call here): hero1

(same with the rest of the heroes)
you can also make it so that both stats will heal at the same time so it won't last forever but make sure they are removed at the same turn.

hope it helped, it isn't a very good system, but that's what you can do without scripts
i might be missing something but oh well

>_<
Well hey thanks its a start! Thanks for the time you took to type it out, ill give it a try and see if it works.  

Also trying to get it without inflicting a status, but eh take what i can get.

Thanks again!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At first you don't succeed, load up the save game and try try again.