RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Help) Switch On problem

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
when i put into the script window to turn a switch on, my game freezes. More specifically i'm trying to make it so a guy stands in your way and will only move when you have permission from his superior. When i talk to the boss, the text runs fine and then the game freezes when it's done. Basically here's what the script looks like:

Show Choices:
Yes:
Switch [0001:permission]= ON

No:

End
when i talk and say yes, he says the yes massage and then it stops, when i say no, it continues normally. i have tried putting the switch first but it's the same result
Have i missed something or what's the problem and what can i do to fix it?
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:21:53 AM by tye202002 »
The enemy of my enemy's enemy is my enemy....i think

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Do you have an event set to autostart that activates when that switch is turned on?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
all events related to this are "Action Key"
The enemy of my enemy's enemy is my enemy....i think