RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP Monster encounter help

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Alright, I am trying to make it to where a specific area on the world map has certain groups of monsters while another area has others, etc..I remember this was easy on RM2k back in the day when I used that, I just got back into this so if anyone has a solution please respond, thanks and sorry for wasting your time if this was already asked on the forums, I searched a bit before I posted, thanks for the help. I am using RMXP by the way, sorry for the confusion.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Simple Events

Hero Touch:-Enemy Encounter:-Choose monster
Hero Touch(another place):-"" "":- "" ""

This should be in the troubleshooting forum.
Arlen is hot.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Doing that will only make it to where when you touch that part of the map you will automatically go into battle, that's not what i wanted. I wanted it to be where the RANDOM ENCOUNTERS change from area to area on the world map, like RM2k if I remember correctly used "Areas"

Rep:
Level 90
~
Do an event based monster enounter system for the world map.

Nightwolf did suggest that, but did not tell you how.

Now do this...  suppose there are 7 different kinds of encounters on that square...  make it choose a variable between 1 and 20

if it lands on 1, 3, 6, 10, 12, 15, or 18 it's a monster battle.  otherwise nothing happens. or say do 1-7.  it's a battle for each of those.. but

on 1 make it roll a variable form 1-3, if its 1 the battle occurs, for say 7 make it 1-10, if it land son 1 the battle occurs.  Now the way this way works is, some battles occur more than others.  Another method of doing this is rollign one variable..

Roll the variable from 1-120  if it's 1-7 it's battle number one 10-16 number 2, 20-25 number 3, 30-34 number 4, 40-43 number 5, 50-52 number 6, 60-61 number 7.  All others nothing happens.

Although I'm pretty sure RMXP doesn't use a world map system