RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New Spriter

Rep:
Level 89
GO TO MY WORKSHOP IN THE RESOURCE SECTION FOR ALL THE UPDATED MATERIAL

So I'm a new spriter, that came from hbgames.org. I was registered here before, but never got into the place. Anyways, so I'm new to spriting (just started yesterday in fact), and have already made one, and am on the way to finishing another. Though I can't sprite without a reference yet, and can only do edits to hair, I've read tutorials, studied sprites and shading, and here is what my first project produced, modeled off a Ragnarok Online sprite:

Poses for this one so far: (I added a pose to my first sprite (called him Zane in my game). It was made as an idle stance on the map, with his mallet thrown over his shoulder. He twitches his ear, stamps his foot, and shifts the mallet (idle stance; what else is gonna do?). Hope you like it, I made this one without  template. :) )

(the second image is the default one used when imported into RPG Maker XP. The first is a comparison to the Ragnarok sprite that it's modeled off).

So I tested it, and everything works well. I personally love the way it came out, considering it was my first, and I deeply encourage others to take up spriting. Though the time put into it is long and the work is tedious and sometimes hard, I think it's well worth it to watch your own work moving around in your game. :)

Another one that I just finished is a female, purple haired assassin:

This one is a bit harder to do obviously, but I think it came out well. :)

Here's another one I did tonight:

Here's a fourth one:

I should probably make a workshop thread soon...

I will be making others, and will post a topic here for my workshop, to be known as the WISP Database (WISP: White in Sprite Project: explain in later topic).

So if you use my sprites, just give me credit (from whatever site you wish, this or hbgames.org). I'm not taking requests in case anyone asks, but will be doing more Ragnarok ones (for my own game), and will hopefully go on to making RTP type enemies afterwards.

C&C is welcome, and I hoped you enjoyed my first post here and my first showings of my work.

~Ammom

p.s. I am looking for someone to design a webpage for me for my soon to be growing collection. If you are interested, please let me know.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:38:41 PM by Ammom »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Wow, it looks great, especially for a first try. Keep up the great work  ;D

The second one is looking nice too. I will almost definitely use them, giving the credit as asked of course.

Rep:
Level 89
:) Thank you, I appreciate that.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Welcome Ammon... It's good to see you on here and I hope you become an active member.

Your sprite kicks butt... I like them.

I often need reference to... To keep the sprites I make as close to the RTP style as I can.

Liking the work so far on your Purple hair girl.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 89
Thank you very much LOS. :)

Your work is what got me into really spriting. So I thank you deeply for that inspiration.

Rep:
Level 87
very nice job  ;)

Rep:
Level 89
Yay, I justed updated my female assassin! She's done!!! Which means I can go on to work on another, and hopefully get it done tonight. :D

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I can't find a single fault with them... Amazing work, and to think your knew at this... Can't wait to see more !!!

Rep:
Level 89
Got another one up.  ::)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Wow, you're fast. And that one looks great too, just like the others. You are doing some great work  ;D

Seeing great sprites like this makes me want to take up spriting. Amazing stuff.

Rep:
Level 89
lol I have nothing better to do. You really should take it up. So worth it. Glad you like them. I'll have more coming tomorrow. :)

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
i like the black smith with the bag cool one

Rep:
Level 89
Made and uploaded a fourth one.  :lol:

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
Whoa, those are great. Very great for your first.
Working on world of sorrow again.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I really like the style of these sprites your churning out... Great Stuff... Will you be making Battlers for them ?

Rep:
Level 89
Well, they already have battlers. The Ragnarok Online sprites. That's why I made them. To fit my battlers. But I put them together, yes. Maybe I'll upload all of the ones I've done at a latter point. But I'm using teh Bof CBS.

Anyways, got a new pose for the first sprite!

Rep:
Level 89
All right, I have sitting poses for the first sprite, but I made a topic in resources for my stuff, so go there to see the new stuff.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
errr can you make a assasin cross?

kinda like this guy =)
Spoiler for:

make the color like the guy on number 50
Spoiler for:

and make his hair kinda like this
Spoiler for:

if its not a bother with you that is =)

Rep:
Level 89
Hmm, I'm not overly big on taking requests. But yours is unique, and I like the idea of it. I can't get to it today, and I think yours is going to take longer, so I will get it done this week, and let you know. That okay?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
dollmage?
requesting in someones feedback topic? lol
I'm sure if he were taking open requests he would have a "shop" like the icon shop.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
First, let me point out I'm a chick. -_-"

And second, I do have a shop actually. (also meant for feedback).

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
dollmage?
requesting in someones feedback topic? lol
I'm sure if he were taking open requests he would have a "shop" like the icon shop.

shhhhhhhh dont say that nouman....... your making me sound lazy... (lol)

Rep:
Level 87
omg, you make ragnarok online sprites  :tpg: i love you Lol
you should make  a night or a paladin would kickass
the Assassin Cross rocks  :tpg:

awwwwrgh, I'm sorry but I fuck too hard T_T

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I just can't believe this is your first try at spriting, you must have had previous experience or have gotten them from somewhere.  You don't get that good overnight.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I like the new sprite with the hammer, it's shaping up pretty nicely !!

<3
Rep:
Level 90
If I could sprite like you I wouldn't be using Ragnarok Online sprites for all characters ;_;

Awesome work, you are really good ^^

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
lol I'm using them for two reasons:

1) My battlers are based off of Ragnarok Online characters (fits my game)
2) I'm making templates for other people so they can use the Ragnarok Online characters themselves and match them. These will be really useful to some people. I'll be making original sprites later on.

I'm really glad you like my work. :)

@Yoruichi Shihoin: I'm making templates to them all, so check back some time in my workshop in the resource center.

@biohazzard: Nope, no real experience in ever doing it. But I am a good drawer, so that may have had something to do with it. I didn't get good over night, I got good in a night. :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:29:56 PM by Ammom »

Rep:
Level 87
@Yoruichi Shihoin: I'm making templates to them all, so check back some time in my workshop in the resource center.

Woo Awesome, Can I Be Your Fan?  :tpg: lol

awwwwrgh, I'm sorry but I fuck too hard T_T

Rep:
Level 89
lol Feel free to. I'm about to post a few templates.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
what can i say looks good =)

:rk:

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
There are more at .org... and I must say Ammon is a pretty impressive spriter !!

Rep:
Level 89
:D Hehehe, thanks. ^^

There are more in my workshop in the resource section. I'm not posting anymore here, guys. I'll put that in the first post actually...