RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
SuperPhillip RPG: No More Tomorrows [Demo added]

Rep:
Level 87
Background:
I'm a 21 year old college student spending my time off heading back to a creation of mine. SuperPhillip was a character I invented in the second grade, and ever since I've been constantly coming back to him, reinventing him, writing episodic series, and creating a whole mithos for him. This RPG was originally made on the PS1 game, RPG Maker. That program was quite limiting, so it's refreshing to be working with RPG Maker 2003. I'm redoing the story, adding new sidequests, monsters, spells, NPCs, etc. for a better experience.

The Very Basic Story:
Haunted by a dream of his friend, Andrea, succumbing to the Grim Reaper, SuperPhillip is just a boy in a quiet mountainside village called Mabel.

However, the world is about to be rocked. A visitor from another world forewarns of an oncoming evil racing towards the planet! With little moments to spare, SuperPhillip and friends are informed that the only means of stopping this evil is by collecting all ten fabled crystals like the one SP's party currently possesses. By gathering the crystals they can put an end to evil steamrolling the galaxy. However, these crystals aren't easily obtained. Lowlifes from across the planet covet these crystals, enjoying the power that comes with them. Can SuperPhillip and friends save the planet in time?

The Main Hero - SuperPhillip
Spoiler for:

SuperPhillip
Unlike in the regular SuperPhillip episodic series, this version of SuperPhillip doesn't have an altenate identity and doesn't live in Central City. He lives in the quiet mountainside town of Mabel. His weapon of choice is a sword, always wears a cape, and seldom runs off without his siganture red cap. He shares his cottage with Andrea who he holds a good friendship with. Also to note that this version of SuperPhillip is mute. Only NPCs and other characters can ever understand what he's saying.

SuperPhillip is the one of the best attackers in the party. His defense, speed, and magic are all average. He learns a variety of sword attacks as well as primary magic such as the Cure, Fire, Ice, and Bolt series of magic.

Enters your party at Level 1.

The First Town - Mabel
Spoiler for:

Mabel:
In SuperPhillip RPG: No More Tomorrows, this is SuperPhillip's hometown, a rather quiet community on the eastside of the Garaland continent. Bordered to the north by Mt. Mabel and edged to the west by the Black Desert, Mabel is isolated from the world. However, the town has all of the necessities in life including item shops, weapon and armor zones, a battle center for beginners to test out their skills, and numerous other luxuries. The town is divided by Mabel Creek into West Mabel and East Mabel. West Mabel is where most of the residences are, where SuperPhillip lives with Andrea, a pub, and an item shop. East Mabel is home to the mayor's house, the weapon and armory shops, a skill shop, an inn, and the cemetary.

Nearby Points of Interest:
Mt. Mabel
Abandoned Cave
Dr. Christian's Lab

The Capital City of Garaland
Spoiler for:

Garaland

Capital city of the continent bearing its name, Garaland is home to the royal monarchy of King Garaland XXI. The main town is surrounded by a crystal clear stream.
More details of Garaland later on.

The World Map (Beta)
Spoiler for:

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

^Should be awakened and not awaken.

^A shot of Mabel in action

^SuperPhillip ready to battle!

^The trading town of Dorter

^The mysterious Dr. Mage

^The Olive Woods

^Mt. Mabel

^Some of the dialogue.

^Welcome to Garaland.

DEMO - High memory download
http://files.filefront.com//;7748936;;/

Game Progress
I will constantly be providing updates (daily) to this topic, so check back often to see what's talked about next!

I'm still new to RM2k3, so don't mind me if I'm constantly asking questions on how to do something. Also if you'd like to contribute to the project feel free to.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 11:59:03 PM by SuperPhillip »

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
SuperPhillip stole Mario's Hat from SMRPG! (just joking, but really, is mario's hat, no wonder he has super powers)

....anyway, looking foward to it (to look my name on the credits XD, nah just messing), you should use a different Chipset for the town, it will make the game look more profesional.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Looks fun :D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
SuperPhillip stole Mario's Hat from SMRPG! (just joking, but really, is mario's hat, no wonder he has super powers)

....anyway, looking foward to it (to look my name on the credits XD, nah just messing), you should use a different Chipset for the town, it will make the game look more profesional.
No, no, no.
RTP TOWN CHIPSETS FTW...

Also looks good philly.
Working on world of sorrow again.

Rep:
Level 87
New screenshots added.
I'm almost ready to show off a demo. I just need to tweak a few things here and there.

Rep:
Level 89
looking good....

Rep:
Level 87
Two new maps are now shown.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Sounds really interesting. And the mapping is great for using 2K3 RTP.

But..why does the sprite look like an edit of super man?

Rep:
Level 87
Sounds really interesting. And the mapping is great for using 2K3 RTP.

But..why does the sprite look like an edit of super man?

It's from the Chara Generator.

Rep:
Level 89
no wonder marios hat is on him.

Rep:
Level 87
The demo is almost ready. Qig is helping me work out the kinks!

Rep:
Level 89
ok, maybe i should download it tomorrow  ;D

(nice pic on your avatar)

Rep:
Level 87
The demo is now available!
High memory demo for now.  :tpg:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=19U5HN6B

Rep:
Level 87
I added a new pic as well as a new demo url.
Let me know what you guys think. :)