RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Case High RPG [Online Edition] FINISHED!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Staff
- NAMKCOR
- AltelierKnight

Story
(Case was the public high school that I went to, hence the name Case High RPG)
The end of the school year is rapidly approaching, finals a few weeks off, and the seniors were feeling pretty good about themselves.  Their class would be leaving soon, and no longer subject to the tyrannical power trip of the school's administration.  But the year had been a bit too quiet for a group of people.  Fights began to break out in the halls, unchecked, due to the lack of teacher involvement.  NAMKCOR and AltelierKnight are caught in the middle of this chaos.....and are LOVING IT!

Characters

- NAMKCOR
- Bright young high school student, destined for greatness in the field of Interactive Media

- AltelierKnight

- fellow Case High Ninja, a prankster, and a fun loving guy. always sticks with his friends

Originally planned only as NAMKCOR's senior perspective project for english class, AltelierKnight partnered up and helped plan a supplemental chapter 2 to add onto Case High RPG [Senior Perspective Edition] in order to create CHRPG[Online Edition]

Features of Case High RPG[Online Edition]
(FINAL DEMO/FINAL VERSION FEATUES)
> Tons of Addons
> MGS Style Vision Cones
-- used for 'skipping class' scene
> Skippable company screen before demo
> "Exam Fighting" minigame!
> 99% non-RTP battlers!
> Original and refreshing concept/storyline
> CCOA's UMS with images for both NAMKCOR and AltelierKnight
> 2 Person CMS by NAMKCOR
> Soundtrack is completely comprised of popular music in .midi form!
(FINAL VERSION ONLY)
> RMRK Featured Character
> Completely Re-worked Item animations
> Hidden cheat code
> Blizzard's Difficulty Script
> Increased EXP/Money Rate
> Faces for ANYONE with a battler
> Blizzard's Fullscreen
> Zeriab's F12 Fix

Screenies
Spoiler for:

Guest Star
Spoiler for:
FEATURING: LORD DANTE <DANTE>

Download
COMPLETED GAME!
(UPDATE, lowered .exe size from 30 meg to 16.9 meg thanks to blizzard's resource tester)

Download at the megaupload below
MEGAUPLOAD
SENDSPACE

Download RGSS drivers here
MEGAUPLOAD

Reviews
"The most abstract and fantasized day of school I have ever seen...a brilliant concept that was beautifuly presented" K. Brooks (NAMKCOR/AltelierKnight's english teacher)

"Interesting concept and design, a must play!" - Holly

"3.75/5" - Game Informer Magazine

"Tha game's great! It has it all: nuts humor with self-reference, a twisted story and heroes you just have to love. 9/10" - Blizzard

Progress
- Storyline 100%
- Maps - 100%
- Eventing - 100%
- Characters - 100%
- Enemies - 100%
- Scripts - 100%
- Skills - 100%
- Resources Gathered - 100%
- Music 100%
- Overall Completion - 100%

Final Notes
This is IMG's first production, and is not seriously anything special system/scripting wise
please take into account that the game was originally designed for a school project, therefore not many scripting addons were implemented.

There are several references in the dialogue to different policies in the school.
here is a glossary of the terms/events that are unclear to any who didn't go to Case/don't know me and AltelierKnight:

Glossary
Spoiler for:
LockDown: A policy started my Junior year by the infamous Vice Principal "Darth Wragland" (yes we did call her that)  Where if you were late to class, you would be suspended for 3 to 5 days depending on how ofter you were late to class.  In order to catch those who were late, teachers had to lock their doors and not let anyone in, while the rovers would catch them and bring them to the cafeteria for the actual suspending.

Rovers: Teachers that would roam the halls looking for students that are skipping class

Rover Patterns: The rovers were assigned positions and patrol routes.  During the year of the LockDown AltelierKnight came across these patterns and was able to avoid the teachers for 15 minutes before he got bored and turned himself in.

Skipping Class Scene: AltelierKnight and I did in fact skip Calculus class and try to go to the Video Room one day, and yes, we did have to go to the Band Room because King J Med wouldn't let us into the Video Room

King J Med: Mr.Medieros is the Video Production teacher at case high, and his classroom, the Video Room is his classroom

Video Room: The favorite hangout of AltelierKnight and myself during the last year.  We would be down there at least 3 times a day playing Doom II and Starcraft...instead of doing english and math :)

Band Room: AltelierKnight and myself were also in band, and if we couldn't go to the Video Room, we would go to the Band Room to skip class, as the music director didn't really care either :)

Ice Cream Social: At the end of the year, the last day, the senior class would assemble in the cafeteria to eat ice cream, watch sideshows, and get yearbooks.

Difficulty Name Explanation: The difficulties are based off class difficulty levels at Case
-- Grade Level 3 - remedial course (n00b)
-- Grade Level 2 - extracurricular course (easy)
-- Grade Level 1 - average level course (normal)
-- Honors - High level course (hard)
-- AP - Advanced Placement course (Annihilating)

please, if you play my game, comment here and tell me what you think
even if you hated it, I value your opinions
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:25:14 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
updates, added screenshots, demo to come either later tonight or tomorrow

Rep:
Level 87
Was that really you in the third screenshot? ;8

The game looks good.  :tpg: It suits the part that says 99% non-RTP battlers!  :lol: Why it isn't 100%?

Oh and did you make the school tileset? It also looks good, RTP-style colors.  ;8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
the prelude has some RTP battlers in it (2 of them)

and yes, that's really me in the third screenie
(demo tonight)

and as for the tileset, I just re-colored a Japanese style school tileset

thanks for the feedback

update: DEMO!

:ninjabump:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
 :blizj:
MOVE ZE TOPIC
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks for the move Nouman, appreciated ;D

1st project in main get!

Rep:
Level 87
the prelude has some RTP battlers in it (2 of them)

and yes, that's really me in the third screenie
(demo tonight)

and as for the tileset, I just re-colored a Japanese style school tileset

thanks for the feedback

update: DEMO!

Oh...Megaupload wants me to install a toolbar....  ??? I ain't doin' that.  ;9

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you shouldn't have to install it, you should be able to skip ads and do the 'enter letter' download

Rep:
Level 87
you shouldn't have to install it, you should be able to skip ads and do the 'enter letter' download
There are no ads, it says

"All download slots assigned to your country (Philippines) are currently in use. Please try again in a few hours or install the Megaupload Toolbar for immediate access - with the toolbar installed, there are no more slot limitations for you!"

And it seems that my only choice is to download the freakin' toolbar, I'll go install it(no harm will be done, right?) and download your demo when I get a bigger time, right now I'm doing a research for school...

Hmm, Friday will be a perfect time to get it... Oh by the way, how big is the file? I might need to go to an internet cafe if it exceeds 10m. <--'cause I don't have a fast internet connection, not yet...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
it's 27mb and I can't attach it...

this project has been restarted, face sets have been added back in
and Chapter 2 is underway

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Good stuff. Now I have to edit your wiki  :mad:

I'll DL it soon.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
(I already did Modern)

hope you like
I'm gonna leave the demo the way it is
(without faces, etc...)

and I'll put up the full version when the factory's done

updates first post with character photos, and updates completion percentage
also adds glossary of terms that probably aren't fully understood by those who didn't go to Case/don't know me and AltelierKnight IRL
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 08:59:37 PM by NAMKCOR »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
super update bump

ADDED FINAL DEMO AND FEATURED CHARACTER INFORMATION!

Final version set for release later this week

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Hahah, nice. This looks like it's got potential for some good humor mechanics too. :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks for the comment

yeah, there's a fair bit of humor in the game
heh, and if I hadn't posted that glossary, some of the humor might be lost on people that didn't go to school with me and AltelierKnight.

did you dl the demo?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
good cut-out, but you forgot that white triangle inside of my elbow on my left arm  ;8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
heh, I didn't notice that, thanks.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It was good. I liked it. I'd say the Random Encounters are too frequent though. Also, the eneimies in the second part are a bit too difficult. Otherwise, it was interesting, funny. Probably funnier if I got all the inside jokes, but meh, still kind of funny.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ok, what level did you make it to the factory at?

and I'll lower the random encounter rate a bit.
( I noticed that too )

the inside jokes are explained in the first post

Rep:
Level 97
I don't remember, I had three skills total, I'll check later what level I was. The factory seemed incomplete (doors didn't work) so that's where I stopped playing

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yep, the factory is the end of the demo

Update!

FINAL VERSION COMPLETE!
FINAL VERSION UPLOADED!
PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAY IT!!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:39:09 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Super Columbine RPG,

Where have I seen this before?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Just kidding, imma gonna download it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah, it was almost inspired by that game
'cept it's not a school shooting

hope you like it

Fixed the Download
please proceed to play and tell me how great it is kthxbye XD

added sendspace link for people who hate megaupload
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:56:09 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 86
ye Uhh how long is this game cause i downloaded it and I got the The Part to when u have to battle yourself then It says Mission Acomplished then i hit x On the Keyboard and It when Back to title screen Is that the end of the game?

One of the best rpg maker xp games ever!Try it out!
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yesh, generally looping back to the title screen means the end of the game ^_^

what did you think?

Rep:
Level 98
It is REALLY nice to see a finished game for once. Get enough of them and RMRK might become an actual RPG Maker Forum!  :'(

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
glad you like
have you played it through?

I love comments and critizism you know ^_^

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
UPDATE
dropped the file's size to 16.9mb thanks to blizzard's resource tester

still looking for reviews btw, I would like some feedback so that I can fix any flaws for my next project

Rep:
Level 87
UPDATE
dropped the file's size to 16.9mb thanks to blizzard's resource tester

What and where can I get that "resource tester?"

Oh, and I'm playing the game right now, I'll post my feedback when I'm down with it.

EDIT:

I finished the game, though on the easiest setting! It left me wanting for more, the music fits the battle and the environment, and Nirvana's song livens me up in the title screen.  ;8

You could although, make the students talk to you, and be able to join in the fight that's occuring in one of the hallways that's blocking the way. :police:

More explorable parts of the school would be nice by the way, in that way, you could add up more to the story, the cafeteria was nice, sadly it was only seen on the cutscene, and I wasn't able to explore it. It needs a lil more interaction, per se.At least in my point of view... :=:

Good job, seriously.  :tpg:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 02:16:52 PM by Pathbinder »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
more explorable parts of the school?
like what?

oh, and beat it on a harder level, 's more fulfulling that way

Rep:
Level 87
like what?

Forget I said that, like what I said, the game must've probably left me wanting for moar, especially because I finished it in the easiest mode.  :P

I'm trying now, like what I said, I'm currently trying the 3rd difficulty level, what was it called? I forgot.

Again, gj.  :blizj:

I'll go pick a fight with that guy who cuts himself and Kamikazi.  ;8

Oh, and care to enlighten me about this Blizzard's resource tester? I've never heard that one before...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
go to chaosproject.co.nr
he created a script that basically tells you the resources used in your game.

it's in the database (at chaos, not here)

Rep:
Level 98
like what?

Forget I said that, like what I said, the game must've probably left me wanting for moar, especially because I finished it in the easiest mode.  :P

I'm trying now, like what I said, I'm currently trying the 3rd difficulty level, what was it called? I forgot.

Again, gj.  :blizj:

I'll go pick a fight with that guy who cuts himself and Kamikazi.  ;8

Oh, and care to enlighten me about this Blizzard's resource tester? I've never heard that one before...

But don't try and get ahold of him, he pulled a Jesus. But without the resurrection part.

Rep:
Level 87
But don't try and get ahold of him, he pulled a Jesus. But without the resurrection part.

Say what?

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
..umm..

"3.75/5" - Game Informer Magazine

Really <.<

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
*chuckles*
thanks for the necro
that's a joke

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
lol i know dood =P