RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] ATI AGP Write problem (Was Deathcam)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
My little brother got a webcam for his PC (Creative model, no idea what exact model it is though) and he installed the drivers onto his Windows XP because XP did not have the drivers. Sounds okay? Well, this what happened next:

It was all fine with the webcam, working perfectly, then he wanted to play Devil May Cry 3, so he started playing away. While he was playing, his PC froze, when I say froze, I mean "froze and CTRL+ALT+DEL is useless" froze, so I looked in his ATI settings and his AGP and PCI Write was switched off and I know they were on before teh webcam installation.

So what do I do? The obvious! I switch them back on and reset the PC, should work, shouldn't it? Well it didn't, it just stayed off, so we tested aanother game and the same thing happened, so I checked the BIOS to see if the Primary adapter was AGP, which it was, 4x like it should be.

I linked it up with the date of webcam installation and it fits perfectly, but when I uninstalled all of the drivers, the problem still lingered.

So is there any advice you can give about the crashing/freezing?

UPDATE: Okay, it is not the webcam, it was a coincidence. I now need to find out why my AGP Write and PCI Write on my Computer has switched off, I tried switching them on and restarting the computer but no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas? By the way it is a RADEON 8500 Model.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 05:36:33 PM by Terence »

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i know you said you didnt know the exact model but theres usually the serial number on the bottom by entering that into the creative website you should be able to get the model number then by searching that model number and your problem you might get some forum user somewhere with the same problem

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I found out that it isn't the webcam, check the Update in the first post.

Resolved, it seems RADEON series cards do not like Fast Write enabled, I even had to disable it in the BIOS aswell as the Catalyst Control Center!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 05:37:42 PM by Terence »