RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] Saving and Loading

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
Does anyone use the save and load functions in Gamemaker? Or is there another way to do it because I don't really like how it saves just at that moment and loads to the exact point saved. Is there anyway to just save certain variables or other information without saving at the exact moment?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:47:57 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Well, you could turn off the buttons and make it so the player can only save at a certain menu...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Ya, save points.

Like in levels or something. Only in special areas.
And are you using the F5 and F6? Or the events?

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
I use te events. I guess I'll just make savepoints.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Yeah, make an object, and when it collides with your character, make it wait a few minutes, and if you want some animation what not, then have it save the game.

Or, if it's levels, make the game pause a few seconds before you can control and have it save there.