RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Stencyl Game Maker

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Stencyl is a free new game maker that some people are working on. The maker is basically done with kits (Platform Kit, RPG Kit, Fighting KIts, Adventure kits) to make certain games. I read you can get more than one kit and have multiple elements in a game. Looks a bit easier than RMaker

Here is the link http://www.stencyl.com/about/

Well what do you guys think. Any ideas on games you can make with this?.....It seems like things that will take hours to do with RMaker will take just a few clicks with this.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:48:03 AM by Zypher »

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
Actually, this looks amazing.... I'm gonna check it out.
Good call man

(maybe this should go in computing? idunno)

EDIT Yuck, it's not even out yet?  Guess I'm gonna hafta wait to try it..
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:57:49 PM by TeaBag »
Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Wow. That looks great. *bookmarks*
Thanks for the info. :O

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
EDIT Yuck, it's not even out yet?  Guess I'm gonna hafta wait to try it..

lol I have been waiting for this about 2 months now

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
I wish there was more information on this, even though it looks great already.

I'm going to fufill my dream by making a Mario game!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Whoa, that's awesome! Did you make that, Irock? This program looks cool... I would use it if I wasn't doing a RM project... Maybe I'll use it to mess around with when I'm bored.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
This does indeed look amazing, I will have to definitly keep an eye out for this. Still, seems almost too good to be true.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
Whoa, that's awesome! Did you make that, Irock? This program looks cool... I would use it if I wasn't doing a RM project... Maybe I'll use it to mess around with when I'm bored.
I wish. The program isn't even released yet.

EDIT: MOAR
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:54:09 AM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
guess its a sticky now.....and IROCK I actually never saw it in action, the physics are almost exactly like a mario game

Rep:
Level 102
I think we have an alpha version coming soon. ;D

Topic about it being released this month
Quote from: Glenn
the release that was to be soon is only an alpha, not a final release, so that would still explain all the discussion, for the rest, I leave to Jon.
Quote from: Irockman1
Will that be a public alpha release?
The Alpha release was to be public.
Quote from: Irockman1
By "was to be" you mean it won't be?
When it comes out it will be public.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Nice, I am so downloading this when it comes out.

Rep:
Level 88
This looks very promising. I look forward to this.

I hope it comes soon. ;D

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hopefully it will be easier to use then RPG maker and Game Maker. However, most likely it will not. Still, can't wait for it to come out.

I'd like to see that Mana pack in action. That and the Mega man one are the ones I have my eyes open for.

Rep:
Level 102
I was chatting with some of the staff, and they said it is very easy to use, although that's the staff.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Some people find Game Maker easy....while others don't.

Some people find RPG Maker easy....but others don't.

etc.

I'll find out when it gets released, I guess.

Rep:
Level 88
This looks amazing!
I can't wait to try it.

Rep:
Level 87
Some people find Game Maker easy....while others don't.

Some people find RPG Maker easy....but others don't.

etc.

I'll find out when it gets released, I guess.

I agree, Game Maker wasnt easy for me. But RPG maker is easier.
Project: MegaMan  1% Complete.
Title: done.
Story line: 75%
Sprite: 2%
Music: 2%

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Well any of you guys have any ideas for what you can do on Stencyl ? I'm already thinking about a Megaman type game....Maybe Minigames !!!! LIke Mario Party

Rep:
Level 102
I'm going to make an old school style Mario game. It'll be so fun. ;D

Maybe we'll even get a Stencyl section.

Rep:
Level 87
This looks amazing! Nice find!
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i cant find any info on it but stencyl doesnt seem to have scripting support and the default buttons allow for two actions until i know more i dont think ill be using this

meh the power of posting :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:43:16 PM by ahref »

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm chilling in the IRC channel right now even though I don't ever plan on using the program. These guys are pretty cool.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
This looks kick ass and i would love to see a metal slug pack for it *drool* metal slug  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You could probably use the mega man pack to make a metal slug game, dude.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Oh my god i just noticed the turn based/tactical  OMFG i can finally make my gundam rpg like Super Robot wars! ;8

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Does anyone know if this is customizable as in graphics. (Lets say I want to make a platformer NOT based on Mario)

Rep:
Level 87
Just Helping.. And Getting Drunk :P
This thing looks awesome and quite simple, and the graphics are good to, but it seems like it can be a long time before release...

And My Game Too When It Ever Finishes :P
Martynator and 24 Sneaky Snoopers are viewing this board.
Why don't they join then? :lol:

Rep:
Level 88
@Forcystus
From what I've read on their site and forums, you can import and edit graphics. It seems the kits the editor comes with are just the starting point. But we really can't be sure until it is FINALLY released. lol ;D

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Score! Gonna make cash money

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Yeah, this looks amazing.

I'm going to make an old school style Mario game. It'll be so fun. ;D

Ditto that my friend.  ^-^

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

no. to me that sounds dumb. This place is mainly for RPG MAKER from Enterbrine, and a sub section of game maker. not EVERY GAME MAKER KNOWN TO MAN OMG.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
and we should have a realmcrafter section and a fighter maker section and a mugen section and an adventure game studio section and a sim rpg maker section and a klik and play section and a darkbasic section and a visual pinball section and a shooter maker section and a

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
ROM hacking section.

lolz, I <3 Zypher.

Rep:
Level 102
and we should have a realmcrafter section and a fighter maker section and a mugen section and an adventure game studio section and a sim rpg maker section and a klik and play section and a darkbasic section and a visual pinball section and a shooter maker section and a
Nah dude, Stencyl looks better than all of the other game makers. Including RPG Maker.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Stencyl, sorry to say it, looks like crap.  I think it leaves almost no room for customization, and there will be countless terrible fan games, imo.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Stencyl, sorry to say it, looks like crap.  I think it leaves almost no room for customization, and there will be countless terrible fan games, imo.

It looks like there is customization because you can import your own stuff.
Plus, you could scrap all of the original stuff and make a game using the engine, but with your own graphics.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
awww ;9.......i though it was already released.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
All I can see this making is tons of games that play the exact same with different graphics.  Boring.

Rep:
Level 102
Really? there are going to be 8 kits at alpha release, (stencyl 0.1) and there will be tons of fan and stencyl team kits to come in the future. Sounds like allot more than Rpg Maker.

Do a bit more research next time.

Rep:
Level 89

"Don't judge by the book's cover" thats all i can say......

I think this will succeed....I'm looking forward to this!  ;D (Irock, i saw you on the Forums of Stencyl)

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
This whole idea of kits just sounds like bullshit, I would rather build from the ground up (or as close as I can come to it) with GM.

Rep:
Level 89
This whole idea of kits just sounds like bullshit, I would rather build from the ground up (or as close as I can come to it) with GM.

Which I have but im not gonna pay $20.....(saving it for a new game)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

I'm pretty sure you can do that.
There are going to be lots fan kits, so why couldn't you?

I would rather build a game from the ground up with an actual language. Program it myself.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yeah, its the reason I stopped using Rpg maker, it has everything for you, so whats the point?

Rep:
Level 102
You can, just learn Java. Game maker also uses "kits." They define the way the game runs, just like the scripts in RPG Maker.

Rep:
Level 89
you gotta pay for this like you would for the proper rpgmaker? or is it just a download thing and you dont gotta pay to get the full version?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
you gotta pay for this like you would for the proper rpgmaker? or is it just a download thing and you dont gotta pay to get the full version?

It's free from what I read. Which is awesome, no limits..like some programs, you know who you are.

Rep:
Level 102
Yep, completely free.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
This is waaay too good to be true!  :o

Rep:
Level 89
Yep, completely free.

if i knew where you lived i would SO fuck you in the face... brutally... cus we all know you like that kinda stuff

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I don't get it.
But I rep + you just because I feel nice.

Rep:
Level 89
damm.....i want to use it already.  ;9

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Same here......
I want the Chrozo Kit and Jumpman Kit the most.

Rep:
Level 102
I want Jumpman and Blue Bomber the most.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
blue bomber one looks nice.

Needs to be done with dev :/

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I want the Fire Emblem one too, so then I can finally make my futuristic horror tactics game.
Plus, I and to make a shooter with chrozo and make a fan game! <33333333333333

Rep:
Level 89
Jumpman and the "Legend of Zelda, Mana Sword" kit.

:o futuristic horror tactics

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Jumpman and the "Legend of Zelda, Mana Sword" kit.

:o futuristic horror tactics

Hell ya, it's my dream to do like cheesy snes graphics in a horror tactic.

Rep:
Level 89
lol better wait for Stencyl Game Maker to come out... ;D

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I want a "Tales Of.." series or "FF/DQ" kit.  :P

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Probably going to be in the second release.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

that's a good point, it IS missing that.

then again, you could just do that kinda stuff in RM.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Neh. I woudl rather see what I could do with those systems in Stencyl first. Looks like it would possibly work out better.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Neh. I woudl rather see what I could do with those systems in Stencyl first. Looks like it would possibly work out better.

No DQ or FF kit, they said they are too popular, they went with the underish dog: Chrono Trigger, anyway, that's what Jon said they would do, not FF.

Rep:
Level 89
so...there gonna make a Chrono Trigger kit?

Rep:
Level 102
Yes, look at the forum boards.

Rep:
Level 89
 :o there gonna make a SMRPG kit!!! but no Zelda kit  :'(

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90

No DQ or FF kit, they said they are too popular, they went with the underish dog: Chrono Trigger, anyway, that's what Jon said they would do, not FF.

Oh joy. Well, I would much rather a FF kit, popular or no...but this should still work.

I'm still hoping they make a Tales Of kit. That would be great. SO far I only have my eye on the Mario, Blue Bomber and Mana Sword kits. The others don't pop out to me.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
JTactics, Chrozo, Jumpman, Sword of mana kit....
Me wanty those. Maybe Blue Bomber.

Rep:
Level 89
Chrozo, Jumpman and maybed the Fire Emblem the most  ;8

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Jumpman and Fire Emblem, but I could do something for any of them

Rep:
Level 88
I want to try them all. I just want this thing to come out already!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Bio, the kits are examples. You write your own stuff with java. The ktis just show off the programs power, and give nubs a starting point.

Rep:
Level 87
????
i saw this before and i also noticed its been 2 years and its not realesed

found it on a diffrent forum

Date blah blah 2005 (i dont remember excact)
everyone check this site out! blah blah blah

But They might still be working on it

Rep:
Level 96
...They're totally still working on it. I'm helping.

Rep:
Level 102
I'm not working on it, and I know they are...

Rep:
Level 87
????
Awsome i cant wait well.. i can but lol

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
man...wish it would come out...I wanna see what it's like.  if it's an easier alternative to GM and RPGM i'm all for it.

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 102
man...wish it would come out...I wanna see what it's like.  if it's an easier alternative to GM and RPGM i'm all for it.
It will be.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
It will be.

Yeah, thank god!

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Because who would want a fully customizable game making engine! lets use small tiles and predetermined scripted events for enemies and make something revolutionary!

Rep:
Level 102
Because who would want a fully customizable game making engine! lets use small tiles and predetermined scripted events for enemies and make something revolutionary!
Create a topic in the Stencyl forums with that message. Then prepare to be proved wrong.

Rep:
Level 96
Biohazard, that's spam. I've told you before it's just as customizable as GM if not more. The predetermined script events are tools made for the users benefit. You ALSO have the opportunity to make your own completely from scratch.

Rep:
Level 89
Still waiting for release....

Rep:
Level 96
Release date is not released. :P I don't think. Ask someone who's been there longer and is more comfortable as to the rules regarding stencyl project information. I don't want to be the leak.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Release date is not released. :P I don't think. Ask someone who's been there longer and is more comfortable as to the rules regarding stencyl project information. I don't want to be the leak.

I'm not pushing you or anything, but the insiders actually know the release date?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm pushing you, when is it going to be released?  estimate?

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
*helps biohazard push*

I'm a little more patient, though...until I get used to college I probably won't have enough time for much of anything.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm pushing you, when is it going to be released?  estimate?

Giving an estimate is against the rules, because I'm a member of one of the teams, and it would look like a statement. However, I will say that the team members know when they're supposed to have their work done. That should be enough.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Giving an estimate is against the rules, because I'm a member of one of the teams, and it would look like a statement. However, I will say that the team members know when they're supposed to have their work done. That should be enough.

Well, you did answer my question! Thanks!
Can we expect a demo some time soon, though?  :=: (That might be pushing it...)

Rep:
Level 96
That is kinda pushing it though.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
That is kinda pushing it though.

kk, never mind.
One more question:
Is it easy to organize sprites into animations?

Rep:
Level 96
That I couldn't answer if I wanted to. Not a clue, amigo. :O

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
That I couldn't answer if I wanted to. Not a clue, amigo. :O

Oic...  :)

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Endorsed, lol. I idle in the IRC channel, and when it comes out there'll likely be a new board for it here if there's enough interest. :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Endorsed, lol. I idle in the IRC channel, and when it comes out there'll likely be a new board for it here if there's enough interest. :)
:3
I'm defiantly interested. You might even need a moderator for it. :3

Rep:
Level 96
I would say try getting onto a kit first. :P

Rep:
Level 102
I tried.
Irockman1
I'm sorry to report that at this time we don't need a level designer. Our decision was not due your abilities (for what you showed us was quite good), its just that at the time we don't have a pressing need for level designer. We may contact you in a couple months or so if you are still interested in the position.

Once again, thanks for the application.
You don't have to work for Enterbrain to be a mod over an RPG Maker forum. D:

Rep:
Level 87
I heard from Jon, the admin and lead programmer at Stencyl, that it will definitely not be out for at least two months. Although you should check out SlickSet. It was created by Jon, and has all the features that you will need to program Kits with once Stencyl comes out, so if you can program in Java, this'll be like a head start before Stencyl comes out. :3

Seriously though, I'll try not to say too much, because I really don't know these kinds of things. :(

Rep:
Level 96
I tried.
Irockman1
I'm sorry to report that at this time we don't need a level designer. Our decision was not due your abilities (for what you showed us was quite good), its just that at the time we don't have a pressing need for level designer. We may contact you in a couple months or so if you are still interested in the position.

But you have to actually be good at doing what the forum is related to. You can't mod the RM section if you don't use RM. You can't mod Resources if you don't make resources.

You can't be a lifeguard if you don't know how to swim.

Rep:
Level 102
I tried.
Irockman1

But you have to actually be good at doing what the forum is related to. You can't mod the RM section if you don't use RM. You can't mod Resources if you don't make resources.

And I'm going to use Stencyl when it comes out. Hell, I could still be accepted on the team.

Spoiler for on a side note:
Stop acting like a dick.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
How is he acting like a dick ?_?

Rep:
Level 96
...I wasn't saying you weren't good at it. You misunderstand. I'm saying you haven't done anything remotely related to Stencyl yet. As it stands, you aren't really qualified.

Rep:
Level 102
...I wasn't saying you weren't good at it. You misunderstand. I'm saying you haven't done anything remotely related to Stencyl yet. As it stands, you aren't really qualified.
But I HAVE read everything there is to read about Stencyl. I'm more qualified than most people in this thread. When I have the chance to get my hands on Stencyl Works, whenever that may be, my goal will be to completely perfect my knowledge and skills on the program, so I can help people as best as I can, and to also make awesome games. I don't really qualifty for it now, but I'm pretty certain I will shortly after Stencyl's release.

Rep:
Level 96
Well that's considerably different. :V

Let me just say though: I don't think the Nova release should count towards that. Things might still change, and CONSIDERABLY, beyond that release.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
 Things will definitely change when Nova releases. Keep in mind it is Stencyl version 0.1. What you will see won't even have scratched the surface.

Rep:
Level 102
If that was directed at me, I'm aware of that. :3

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Why does irock want in so hard ?_? :S
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Well, I will definitely keep my eyes on this.  If it has Irock, Zypher and Arrow1's interest, then it must be more than what I'm giving it credit.

Rep:
Level 102
Why does irock want in so hard ?_? :S
Because, everything that goes into Stencyl is amazing. It's the dedication the Stencyl team has, and their positive attitude toward the project, and the people who ask questions. They spend their time working on this project, and what do they get in return? The satisfaction of their work, and the user's reaction. It's something I want to be a part of, not to just use the program, but to be able to say, "I was apart of that." Mod plz. lol EDIT: :V
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:50:28 AM by Irock »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Well, I will definitely keep my eyes on this.  If it has Irock, Zypher and Arrow1's interest, then it must be more than what I'm giving it credit.

It blows RPG Maker and Game Maker out of the water by about 100 yards.

Irock...  :P
I doubt asking for a mod position is actually going to aid you in getting it.

Rep:
Level 96
You forgot this.

:V

Rep:
Level 102
The last part needed the sarcastic smiley. >_>

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Stency seemed to be really easy to use.
I can't wait to try it out. =3

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Pretty excited on this.
 I check this topic quite often and say "must have released today"
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
So; this is out now? ?-?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

I was a lifeguard but I didn't know how to swim.

That job lasted like, 3 days.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 08:48:54 PM by EVAProject01 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
again, if everyone could post. 'i should be mod of this board ^^' there wouldn't be any members left. Heck, being a regular member would be more of an elite group.

Rep:
Level 98
again, if everyone could post. 'i should be mod of this board ^^' there wouldn't be any members left. Heck, being a regular member would be more of an elite group.

AWESOME I WANNA STAY A REGULAR MEMBER NOW!  ;8

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I got a stroke of genius, everyone who is a member at the stencyl forums, say that you are or something in this thread. I'll tell you that I am and I saw Arrow and Irock

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yeah I'm a member, and I'm on the team as Mana Sword's musician. I pretty much never look at the forums though.

Rep:
Level 96
OH OH OH! I AM! Spriter for Blue Bomber duh. :P  Signature~

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
They aren't looking for anyone at the moment, otherwise I would try game/level design or story.

Rep:
Level 96
Not looking for anyone in those CATEGORIES. There are still positions open.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Stencyl seems awesome, I'm gonna get it once it's out. totally.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Agree~
It'll be so awww-some. Just hope it is as good as it seems.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Agree~
It'll be so awww-some. Just hope it is as good as it seems.
Check your PM's.  ;D
If Stencyl's out. I'll make a platformer. ;)

Rep:
Level 87
I'm a member at Stencyl, been there since July. In fact I met Zypher and Arrow through the IRC, and they suggested I come over here, so I actually came over here from the Stencyl boards. ^_^

I also tried becoming a sprite ripper for two different Kits... but didn't make it

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I could join but don't feel much interested in joining and helping.

Is it fun?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102

Is it fun?
You have to be 13. :3

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Is it fun?
Is it useful?
I mean since, it's not out yet; what to do there?

Rep:
Level 102

Is it fun?
Is it useful?
Anticipate the release, or try to get on the team. I just hang around and watch the development of the program, and I tried the second option. :3

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Is it fun?
Is it useful?
Anticipate the release, or try to get on the team. I just hang around and watch the development of the program, and I tried the second option. :3

Uh I'll wait until it's out.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I tired to get on the team, I didn't get on  ;9

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I would apply for something like Chrozo Lore, but I think it might ruin Metroid for me...Jumpman and Mana Sword would be fun to be a level designer!

Rep:
Level 102
HUGE STENCYL ANNOUNCEMENT
Pencyl, the easy to use alternative to scripting allows you to add originality to your game, with no scripting knowlage required. This thing actually writes Java for you,

Rep:
Level 87
Dang. How did you get to it first? ;_;

Ah well, I guess I was busy informing two other communities.

Anyway, there is also a Pencyl vs. GM object editor comparison, and a Pencyl FAQ.

Spoiler for images:

The logo

Pencyl, the easy script builder

The GM object editor.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Another reason I'm getting Stencyl, gets awesome by the hour.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
my love for this program increases

Rep:
Level 87
Alright, a member at the Stencyl forums has made an unofficial forum for people who basically can't wait for Stencyl to come out to start planning for their games. You can visit it here. And yes, development is spelled wrong.

Rep:
Level 102
Alright, a member at the Stencyl forums has made an unofficial forum for people who basically can't wait for Stencyl to come out to start planning for their games. You can visit it here. And yes, development is spelled wrong.
Ergh, a free forum? I'd rather not touch that.

And I would never visit a site where the administrator's grammar is like this.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 07:52:20 PM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 87
Well, suit yourself. ^_^

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
They might be British? Brits spell color "colour" and stuff like that so that could be it. :P

Rep:
Level 87
That's what I was thinking, but the admin admitted that s/he spelled it wrong.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
They might be British? Brits spell color "colour" and stuff like that so that could be it. :P

mastermouou

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
lol third member ;8

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Is there any news on it ?

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
haven't been paying attention

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Is there any news on it ?

No....not yet...  :'( (I don't think anyway)

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

Is it fun?
i am thirteen.

besides, i joined this forum at 11 or something  ::)
Arlen is hot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
=[

they reeled me in as web designer, then they said they already had a new site being made xD

anyways, it's going to be a hit I assume.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

Rep:
Level 102
There will be a December progress report.

Source

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Stencyl looks like GameMaker. Also, how do they get away with using Mario on their website?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
It's not Mario, it's Jumpman.

Rep:
Level 102
Stencyl looks like GameMaker. Also, how do they get away with using Mario on their website?
They aren't making profit off of it. If Nintendo were to say something about it, they would remove all traces of Mario. Nintendo encourages fan games to be made.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
They aren't making profit off of it. If Nintendo were to say something about it, they would remove all traces of Mario. Nintendo encourages fan games to be made.

Square should take a few pointers from them. I'm still pissed about that Chrono Trigger remake getting cancelled.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
See thats the difference thats why nintendo stuff does so well i know a whole bunch of mods on moddb that have gotten treat letters for recreating copyright material

*cough* Bid for power *cough*

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Square should take a few pointers from them. I'm still pissed about that Chrono Trigger remake getting cancelled.

I know, it was coming along nicely.
Sqaure = Fagots from Hell

Rep:
Level 87
Just bumping this thread because... I'm a Stencyl tester now.  :tpg:

And because Stencyl is awesome.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Just bumping this thread because... I'm a Stencyl tester now.  :tpg:

And because Stencyl is awesome.

Lucky....how did you get on?

Rep:
Level 87
Well, I should probably state now that it's not what you think. I will be one of the first people to test Stencyl, not that I'll actually be testing it mid-production. Anyway, the tester group I'm in is basically where Jon places people who are either no longer on the team, or aren't... exactly... on the team... like me. I'm going to be helping Glenn with design documents, but I'm not exactly on the team. -_-'

Anyway, Jon said I was on his "to add" list anyway, so when he saw that I was gonna be helping Glenn, he added me as a tester. The only huge differences from before are that I have a cool badge under my avatar, and I get to see the private forums.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
we do so much and YOU end up being tester ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Welcome aboard, RMXP. I'm working with Glenn too ^^

Rep:
Level 94
Fuggin' name droppers.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wtf Glenn? Wasn't that Geno's dupe account?

Rep:
Level 87
@Nightwolf
Well, I had tried to get a place on the team before, so it's not like I was doing any less than you. Anyway, just think of me in an "extra access" group at Stencyl like you have here at RMRK.

@Zypher
Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
@RMXPokemaniac

Since you're one of the testers for Stencyl, you must give us screenies of it and moar details :P

Rep:
Level 87
Wouldn't that be great?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yes, of course. Why would it not be?

Rep:
Level 102
Congratulations, RMXP. I really wish I had something to contribute to Stencyl. x_x

Rep:
Level 94
Congratulations, RMXP. I really wish I had something to contribute to Stencyl. x_x

They might still need a fluffer.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Well, you have your amazingly amazing sprites... :V

Rep:
Level 102

I could contribute to level design if they needed level designers.

Rep:
Level 94
Why would a program where people make games need a level designer? Or were you being coy?

Rep:
Level 102
Why would a program where people make games need a level designer? Or were you being coy?
They have launch games to show what is possible with Stencyl~

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Stencyl isn't just a game-making program. It's an entire platform devoted to gaming. Think of it as a virtual video game system, complete with development kit and first-party titles.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

I could contribute to level design if they needed level designers.

I thought they didn't need any more?  :=:

Rep:
Level 94

Stencyl isn't just a game-making program. It's an entire platform devoted to gaming. Think of it as a virtual video game system, complete with development kit and first-party titles.

So its like Game Maker, but it comes with a bunch of shitty knock-offs and demos.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
But eaiser. ;8

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

So its like Game Maker, but it comes with a bunch of shitty knock-offs and demos.

No. Game Maker is a piece of shit.

Rep:
Level 87
Actually, Game Maker isn't too bad if you know how to use it. Anyway, the date for the progress report has been announced - December 18! It will be held on the Stencyl IRC channel. More info on that later.  :tpg:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
WOHOO!
Less than 3 more weeks!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

But Game Maker DID come with a bunch of shitty knock-offs and demos. Remember that Pac-Man game packaged with the GM download, or the Breakout one? That's besides the point anyway. StencylWorks (the game-making program within Stencyl) is very different from Game Maker in that the entire program is tile-based, similar to how RPG Maker works. However, it will offer the flexibility to adapt to many kinds of genres without the steep learning curve often associated with Game Maker.

Rep:
Level 87
Yes, he's right. Also, you will learn about some HUGE differences at the progress report, and if, after the progress report, you still think Stencyl is a GM clone, I'll just shoot myself. Er... well, I can say that now, but I probably never would. Anyway, I don't think that any doubt will remain in any of your minds after the presentation, 'kay?

Rep:
Level 94
I don't think its a clone. I was just using Game Maker as a reference. I think that a(nother) program to make games is a great idea, especially if it is user-friendly. However I can pretty much bet that in a year or two, there will be 3,000 Stencyl forums, and only 4 completed games. Which, by the way, has nothing to do with how awesome a program can be.

Rep:
Level 87
But why would there be 3,000 Stencyl forums? The reason there are 3,000 RMXP forums is because it never had an official one. Stencyl, on the other hand, does have an official forum. I don't see why someone would make an unofficial one, because nobody would go to it (like the Stencyl develoupment community forum).

Rep:
Level 96
I just left Stencyl as a spriter. ;9

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Rep:
Level 102
Stencyl press conference is going to start in 25 minutes!

irc://chat.stencyl.com/stencyl

http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

Rep:
Level 102
bringing sexy back

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Weird, I've actually been keeping an eye on that Stencyl site since long before I came back here.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
It's interesting.  I have been waiting for it, too.  But something about the kits tells me it's going to be a little limited?  Unless they offer advanced tools, such as programming or complex eventing...  They have probably thought about that, though.  Only time will tell.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
They claim that it's completely and entirely customizable.  I would think that means scripts and programs.

I'm not worried.  If I could tweak RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 to do what I needed without any scripting, I'm confident I can do the same with another program.

Rep:
Level 96
I can assure you as an ex member that this will not be NEARLY as limited as the rumors have people believing.

Rep:
Level 88
So... anything new? I've been silently awaiting this. ;D

As if I need a new game maker... Even more game projects that I won't finish for 2 years. :P

Rep:
Level 102
So... anything new?
Depends when the last time you checked the site was.

Rep:
Level 88
Oops. I guess I should just do that. I'm an idiot. :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Im a SeaHorse.
Im going to make a Meggy-Man style game with... SOME CUSTOM GRAPHICS!!!! Like... the hero... a heavily edited ZX MegaMan dude... :tpg:

What just happenededed-ened?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Im going to make a Meggy-Man style game with... SOME CUSTOM GRAPHICS!!!! Like... the hero... a heavily edited ZX MegaMan dude... :tpg:
Oh okay, sure.... ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
It is human to be wary of the un-known
This looks very cool. Does anyone have any idea on the realease date yet?
It is human to be wary of the un-known
Dont copy the master if you can not master the copy
The cake is a lie!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
This looks very cool. Does anyone have any idea on the realease date yet?
>:(

Rep:
Level 102
lol locked

Discussion shall be held in the board. I'm just getting around to locking this just now. :V