RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon Remix [Thread Updated On 7/26/07]

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.

RPG Makers of RMRK Forums, I am pleased to announce my newest project, The Legend of Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon Remix.

Information:
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon was the result of a company called Phillips acquiring the rights to make games with Nintendo Characters. This is one of them. However, it was not well received for various reasons. (The following is copied from Wikipedia.)

"Much of the game's criticism is targeted at its imprecise controls and awkward use of the joystick. For example, Zelda had to inconveniently kneel to open the items menu, and had to strike with her sword in order to pick up rupees or speak to NPCs. The animations have been derided for their frequent use of zoom-ins, poor drawing, and exaggerated, jerky body movements, and the script and dialogue were heavily criticized as well, such as when Link says "Great! I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!" and "Oh boy! I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octorok!""

Annoying, isn't it?

The Idea of a Remake:
Many consider this game Non-Canon (That means not part of the official series.) which is annoying, because in a sense, it is an official game in the series. One day, I got the idea that I could remake it with RPG Maker 2000 so that people would like it. Basically, I want to fix the mistake that Phillips made. Of course, this is an Unofficial Remake and everything is copyright to it's respective owners.

The Story (Copied from Wikipedia):
The story begins with the King of Hyrule going off to fight Ganon. He tells Princess Zelda to send Link to help him if he does not return after a month. An entire month passes without word from the King. As instructed, Zelda sends Link to find him, but he doesn't return either. Zelda then decides to venture forth herself to search for Link and her father.

Gameplay:
As this is being made with RPG Maker 2000, the gameplay will be Turn Based.

Recruitment:
This game will have Voice Actors. If you want to Voice Act for a Character, upload a sample of your Voice to Megaupload and I will see if it fits any of the Characters. However, I am still doing research on the Characters and Script of this game, so who you will be Voice Acting for if I decide to let you be a part of this project will be unknown until I finish my research.

What this game will have:
* Revised Script. No more bad lines.
* Enhanced Graphics. Yes, RPG Maker 2000's Graphics are better than the original game's. (In my opinion anyway.)
* Better music.
* Enhanced Story. It will fit the Zelda Storyline better than the original one did.
* Easy difficulty. This game will not be as difficult as other RPGs.
* Bloopers. Funny scenes during the credits.

I will start working on this game as soon as I finish my research. Feel free to post your comments and suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 07:50:58 AM by RedKnight »

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
INteresting. VERY interesting. It's nice that someone has taking a sudden interest in these games.  I, myself, didn't like  them and actually hated them. Still, I will certainly keep a look out for this. Any kind of remake in which would fix the horrible dialouge and graphics should be a great one. I wish you the best of luck.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks. So, you've played this and the other one on CD-I?

Rep:
Level 89
Well the game sounds pretty good. Cant wait to see some of the bloopers. Just dont make them too silly ok?
Also has your mapping improved any? I can't stand to see a game with bad mapping ( THough my game has some terrible mapping :P ) so I would like you to practice on the mapping.

Rep:
Level 87
Well, I guess my Mapping could use some improvement. Anyway, this is not your Average RPG. In fact, it's much like a Side Scroller. You go through a Field or Dungeon, battle random monsters, get to the end and fight the boss, and go to the next area. It's not a Side Scroller though. It's just similar to one.

Rep:
Level 89
LOL i HAVE played a legend of zelda game before on a GBA....

Rep:
Level 87

What brought that up?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thanks. So, you've played this and the other one on CD-I?

Not really, but I did figure alot out about it through videos and emulators. I disliked it much. Zelda was never meant to be a side-scroller.

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Zelda 2 on NES was a side scroller, and that was pretty popular back in the day.

Rep:
Level 87
Well, I finally got the Script of the game from watching Videos, and believe me, they were horrible. Even though I have the script, I am not looking for Voice Actors yet. This is because I am redeveloping the Script, and I'm going to make the game first. Once I finish the game (Or all the events at least), then I will start asking for Voice Actors. If I asked for Voice Actors now, they would have to wait a long time, and I wouldn't want them changing they're minds later. I also got the Map to the Island of Gamelon, and after watching Videos, making the Maps should be easier. That's all for now. More updates coming soon.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:58:39 AM by RedKnight »

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89

What brought that up?

If you look at the way the Zelda games on the GBA are made. It looks very similar to RMXP. I'm presonally thinking about working on a Zelda game with a few interesting twists. It will be made in (of course) RMXP which will when finished, look like the gameboy style.

RedKnight, this looks rather interesting but (in my opinion) you should finish your research before you make a thread. At least have a few screenshots and the storyline before you make the thread. If I sound rude I'm sorry but this the way I act when I'm tired. Sometimes I end up being a really big b*tch. :P

Rep:
Level 87

What brought that up?

If you look at the way the Zelda games on the GBA are made. It looks very similar to RMXP. I'm presonally thinking about working on a Zelda game with a few interesting twists. It will be made in (of course) RMXP which will when finished, look like the gameboy style.

RedKnight, this looks rather interesting but (in my opinion) you should finish your research before you make a thread. At least have a few screenshots and the storyline before you make the thread. If I sound rude I'm sorry but this the way I act when I'm tired. Sometimes I end up being a really big b*tch. :P

You don't sound rude. I was just eager to announce this Project. It's not like I have that much more to look through anyway before I start.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Ah. That's good. I'm glad I don't sound rude. I can never tell when I'm tired. :P
Good luck on your project!  ;D

Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 89
Well i hope it goes good for you mate. Just dont rush things TOO much ok?  ;)

Rep:
Level 87
Well i hope it goes good for you mate. Just dont rush things TOO much ok?  ;)

Rush? I'm not gonna do that. As this is a remake of a bad game, it requires time and effort to make sure that it turns out better than the original, so I'm definitely not gonna rush through it. Thanks.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Can I help?

I <3 zelda.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't really know...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
If you need an advanced system eventer, I'd like to sign up. Like event systems and such (maybe not as far as an abs). I really need something to practice my eventing on.
(hud, ocarina, horse system, blah blah...)
 :)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
This will not have an Ocarina or a Horse, but a Heads Up Display in RM2K, that sounds interesting. Could you show me an example?

I don't really know...

Well, if you think of something, then just post here.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
2k..oh. I was thinking this was an XP game. My apologies for not doing my reading, and for posting a false application for your team. I cannot event stuff in 2k :(
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
2k..oh. I was thinking this was an XP game. My apologies for not doing my reading, and for posting a false application for your team. I cannot event stuff in 2k :(

Don't worry about it. Well, if anyone else wants to help, has a suggestion, or a comment, just post here. By now, some people are probably curious how I'm going to pull off Voice Acting. It's simple. Voice Clips are in .WAV Format, the same as Sound Effects in 2K. See how it works? I just insert a Voice Clip before each message and that's it.

Rep:
Level 87
I need some assistance. I need what I call a "Balancer". A Balancer's Job is to take the Stats, Levels, EXP, and other things of Party Members and Monsters and balance them out. See, this is going to be a short game, which means a Max Level of 50 is kind of pointless. Basically, as soon as I figure out all the areas, I need someone to balance out everything to make it so that, let's say, you'll be close or at the Max Level (Possibly 20-30) by the end of the game and also be at the right levels for each area. I also don't want leveling to be too easy. If you understand what I'm saying, post here saying that you'll accept this Job and I'll contact you through PM when I'm ready for your help.

Rep:
Level 87
Progress is slow, but I'm not giving up. The original game was short, so this shouldn't take me long to make. The reason progress is slow though is because I'm having some Computer Trouble right now, but that should be resolved later today. More updates to come.