RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Actors wanted

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Hi all,

Regarding my game Demon Fury: (http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,17441.0.html)
The game's going very smoothly and I can have a working demo out soon. But I need some help character-wise, and this is a very specific request.

If you've looked over the screen-shots, you'll have seen that I'm using animations (ie frame-by-frame photos) of people instead of sprites. Thus, obviously, I need the help of many-a-person.

I've planned the game to have a total party of 6 characters: 4 males, 2 females. My friends were willing to take part as the male characters, so that's all okay. And I've had a few requests on other message boards from members who want to take part as enemies, which is excellent.

However, I still need to find two females willing to portray the lead women.

These are the roles available:

-Rogue:
Appropriate age: 15 - 30
Must be, or pretend to be agile
Must own any sort of knife/dagger (real or fake)
Modern clothing adequate, no medieval/fantasy gear required.

-Sorceress
Appropriate age: 15 - 35
Must own any sort of staff/rod (real or fake)
Modern clothing adequate, no medieval/fantasy gear required.

If anyone is even slightly interested, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance!
-serpentslayer
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:28:04 PM by serpentslayer »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I just looked over your game thread; this is a pretty neat idea. While I can't personally participate in this one since I am non-existent IRL, I wish you the best of luck!

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Haha, non-existent in real life?  :o  Thanks for the comment though!  ;D

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
How old do you need the charcters to be?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:52:47 PM by nets07 »

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Any age is fine, I can easily rewrite character descriptions to fit the people playing them. Of course, it's probably best to ensure all characters are at least 15, since the game probably deserves a 15+ rating/restriction (for 'animated' violence).

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
how do i become one? lol your project is very innovative!

id like to be a bad guy lol

but uh yeah im a dood, soooo if you wanted to add some humor to your game lol

i could dress up like girl and be the sorceoress Lawl ;D

lol !  uh yeh uh that was uh a joke :o i donno if ud want an 18 yar ole dood as ur white mage XD ... especially if theres romance involved !! yeah i dont think ill do it! but if you wanted to add some humor to ure game lol get one of ure friends to do ittttttttttt lawl ;D
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
How can I become one? LOL, your project is very innovative. I would like to be a bad guy, but yes I'm male, so if you wanted to add some humor to your game I could dress up as a girl and be a sorceress, LOL!
 LOL that was joke, because I don't know if you want an 18 year old male to be your white mage...especially if there is romance involved. If you wanted some humor though, you should one of your friends to dress up as a girl. Now that would be funny.

That would be pretty funny  :lol:.

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Haha, yeah it would be. Maybe for the bloopers or something  :lol:

Thanks anyway!

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

<3
Rep:
Level 90
15+ egh?

That cuts me out ;_; Good luck anyway =D

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Hmm, I never realised there were a lot of younger people in the RPGMaker community! Thanks for your interest in the project though!

<3
Rep:
Level 90
It'd be a bit awkward if my Mum saw me in the backyard swinging a wooden sword around anyway....but it'd be quite fun to do it at school ^_^

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Haha, yeah, that makes sense. All my family's used to me swinging around practice weapons so they don't think I'm too weird anymore! ;)

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Are the NPCs also going to be "real people" as well? If so... wow...good luck =P

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Yep, that's the plan!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I have this really demonic looking plastic sword, I could be a bad guy.

I've also used real people for a game, I love the Idea and would like to help if i can.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
NAMKCOR:

Is it possible to PM me a pic of the sword? It sounds like it will suit the game perfectly!! You can certainly be a bad guy in the game.

Rep:
Level 88
If it looks too much like plastic, put some wax on it :P
Of course, melted and cooled down.

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Lol, no, plastic is fine. I can always just Photoshop it, and I don't want anyone to wreck their equipment! Thanks for the tip though

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
NAMKCOR:

Is it possible to PM me a pic of the sword? It sounds like it will suit the game perfectly!! You can certainly be a bad guy in the game.

sure, i'll give you a pic of me too so you can see if it works.
I'll send it over later tonight

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Ok, thanks!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
right, here's teh swordy

closeup of the decal stuff

here's me standing with it, I was thinking a pose like this, but with cooler clothes
and of course, zoomed out a bit.

(lol, this shirt makes me look fat(er) than I really am :) I'll wear something more black
and evil looking when I do the actual picture for ya)

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
That's an awesome sword! And your hair looks suitably evil  :D

Do you have msn? If so, add me: my_aching_eye@hotmail.com and we can organise some photos to take.

Cheers!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
glad you like them, and pm'd you requesting additional msn info

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Now that the demo's out and the trailer is up, it's time to resurrect this thread. So! Anyone interested?

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Bumpity-bump.