RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Underrated Video Games

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, even though it's a quick beat, why does every one hate it?

That is actually the first game that came to my mind. Most of the other games mentioned here aren't really all that underrated.

That's true. I don't think Earthbound and Grandia 1 were underrated. Still, Earthbound is good. Although I haven't played it, Dawn of Mana seems to be pretty underrated. Already out in Japan and coming to the US soon, everyone's already saying that it's gonna be bad. Yeah right. I think it's gonna be awesome. Why didn't anyone like Sonic The Hedgehog 2006? Is a little challenge too much for New School Gamers? I welcome the challenge. Show me a difficult game, and I'll play it.

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Vagrany Story (AWWEEESOMMEE) Jak and Daxter trilogy, Okami, FF X-2, Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3, Donkey/ Diddy Kong racing

Rep:
Level 88
I came up with another one... If you can consider it under-rated.

Elite Beat Agents- If you haven't tried it, you must. It is so awesome.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Turok, can't remember which one, but one of the ones for N64, and WCII, it was shadowed by it's child, WCIII, although it wasn't ever underrated....

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
You know, I think that America has the larger Earthbound fanbase now. People were actually sending threat letters to....Earthbound guy...for a while, I think.

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
You know, I think that America has the larger Earthbound fanbase now. People were actually sending threat letters to....Earthbound guy...for a while, I think.
I doubt that; EB sales are almost always over double the sales in Japan. Maybe the fanbase in America is just growing. If there were more games to be exported to the states, maybe the Japanese could actually start a stable fanbase for the EB series. With only a game every 10 or so years and with unleading games like the Smash Bros. series, it's not a surprise that the EB support isn't fantastic.
->

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Well, I dunno, I can only go by what I read...I think Mother 3 was the last from him though.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Vagrany Story (AWWEEESOMMEE) Jak and Daxter trilogy, Okami, FF X-2, Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3, Donkey/ Diddy Kong racing
Do you even know what underrated means?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Do you even know what underrated means?

:tpg:
I don't think he does!  ;8

Rep:
Level 87
Command and Conquer: Renegade, and Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Harvest Moon. Great game but no publicity.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Harvest Moon. Great game but no publicity.

:-\

You're joking, right? It had a huge following, and not just an underground following, the games are very popular, plus they have tons of ads in nintendo powers.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Legend of Mana

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Seiken Densetsu 3.
I'm in love with that game.  :lol: And TMNT Super something heist, for genesis, that game was fun!  :lol:

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Wow, I have mind reading skills.  I was just about to reply with Seiken Densetsu three.  It is so great.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I couldn't get into it.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I couldn't get into it.

really? It was like a mental drug, I couldn't get enough of it. And when I got to a hard part, I trained my party up. I couldn't stop.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I thought it was pretty good, whoever did the translation did a great job too. I still prefer the Snes original, but 3 was kool.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I can never get myself to play very far into it. =/

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I was about to beat the game...the crystal desert, but then I just stopped playing...I don't know why...

And yeah, the translations were great. No engrish.

Rep:
Level 87
I'm playing Seiken Densetsu 3 now. It's not the best of the Mana Series, but it's alright.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'm playing Seiken Densetsu 3 now. It's not the best of the Mana Series, but it's alright.

Please, can you edit your post?
Well, edit it when you get father into the game.
What party members did you pick?
My fav are:
Hawk (aka hawkeye)
Lise (aka Lize)
Angela

Rep:
Level 87
Why should I edit it? It's true. The game is just odd compared to the others, as Duran, the Main Character I chose, cannot attack three times like a normal Swordsman. While in Legend of Mana and Children of Mana, you can, making it easier to fight off enemies. As for my whole team, it's Duran, Kevin, and Hawk.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Stupid.

Never Ever pick Kevin Duran and Hawk.

Unless you're willing to sacrifice good classes just to even out your team, I recomend you get a new team and start over.

See, the battle system gets more complex and fun later on, when you get your other party members.
If you haven't gotten your first member, I suggest you turn back, you're still very close to the beginning.
Get Clair, she's good. And Duran is pretty good, but he has his draw backs too.
Angela at final class for Rune Master kicks so much arse. And Hawk is a must too! But don't go light with him...he blows light.
The game is so complex later on, you have to save state just to make sure you made the right choice. (over exaggerating!!! but still sort of on)
Lise is awesome, she can take down tanks, she's a power house. But you need to know what stats too.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Betrayal at Krondor. I've never met another person who's played it, but in my opinion it is the best RPG. I would say Period, but I always feel like that is understating the power of the ., which is, in fact, already a period.