RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Another newbb question

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
okay, sorry if this is another newb question, but i'm tryin 2 learn^ ^, ooh right, to the point, can i like...make a story start when someone first pushes play game, like explaining the current situation and everything? right now, as soon as i press play, it goes straight to a guy and then you can move him, you have no idea what's going on with anything, and what your supposed to do...so..yea....i was wondering how i can put a story in their to give the player an idea of what's going on.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
So like, you want a scene to happen before the player can move (This is RMXP right?)

Sure, go to the map with the "Start" event and put in your "props". The rest falls under events...but if you didn't even know how to make a scene happen before the player moves I think you need a tutorial. I had a video tutorial which taught me 1/3 of my eventing "skills" I have today.

~Winged

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
I had a video tutorial which taught me 1/3 of my eventing "skills" I have today.

You mean Zxmelee's Video Tutorials?

Here is the link to his thread with them.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,157.0.html
Sig by MacGravel