RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anilectus - The Tale of the Two Souls

Rep:
Level 88
ANILECTUS
The Tale of the Two Souls
Anilectus is a RPG MAKER 2003 game.
I have had change of heart, and since I wasn't having much luck finding sprites for RPG MAKER XP, I decided to go back to 2003 since it's easier to find graphics and it has a side battle system!  :P
ANYWAY...

~ANILECTUS~
The Tale of the Two Souls
Everything in the world has a soul, it is what causes humans and animals alike to live. But there is also a mirrior image of everything, a darker, more evil side...
Anilis is the planet where our story takes place. Arek is tormented lad who knows naught about his past, or where he grew up. He suffers from traumatic dreams of people disappearing around him, and in fear he wakes up in cold sweats, but one night, he didn't.
Arek allowed the dream to continue, everyone disappeared until he was the last one left, then a voice sounded in his head...
"What is it that you feel Arek? Hatred? Confusion? Kindness?"
"Huh?"
"Do you wish to destroy the impeding evil, or fight along side with it to recover from these images?"
"I...I want..."
And so the dream continues...and it is here the story begins...
Arek is neutral being, full of no hate and no love.
It is you job to fill him with one of these emotions and set the side on which he will live...Good or Evil...You decide...But if this Arek is suffering this pain, is the other suffering as well..?
It is your choice, but there is no doubt, they will meet one day?

Anilectus is an epic tale of how one man fights for world domination.
But the greatest battle isn't with his foes, it's with himself...

MAIN CHARACTER   
Arek (Neutral)
This is the Arek you start out as, but you will decide on his true form.
Arek (Evil)
This is the darker side of Arek. Just because he is evil, it doesn't mean he is completely bad does it? His goal is to have world domination, but a threat awaits his every move.
Arek (Good)
This is the lighter side of Arek. His goal is to discover where he came from and avenge whoever it is that he finds out died for him. It is this that will lead him to protect the world from evil.

Each character has a different storyline, so every character's adventure will be different. There will of course be party members, but everyone will have different ones.

I thought and thought for ages for the name, and although it may sound strange, it is actually made up of the two latin words for soul and chosen.
Soul = anima, animus
Chosen = electus
Ani + lectus = Chosen Soul (Well Animaelectus sound silly doesn't it? :D)

PLEASE NOTE! At the beginning of the game a series of questions will be asked. Depending on the answer, it is how you become that character. It WILL be possible to play as Neutral Arek, but is a secret IN GAME.

End Note: I haven't stopped with Lufia - The Final War, I am working on both at the same time, and I have decided to make Lufia on RPG Maker 2003 at the moment.

Well, what do you think?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 05:33:24 AM by AlwaysIdeas »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This sounds interesting.
I really like how each side of you has a different storyline, it's very original.

Good luck with this. ;)

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks!!  ;D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks pretty cool. Good luck with this.

Rep:
Level 88
Evil will Perish In a Flash of Crimson...
i agree, the different sides to the char is very original good luck with this project hun x

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, i agree with everyone, cant wait for a demo ;)

Rep:
Level 88
Okay! Here are some screenies of the 'dream.'

Where am I?

The mysterious man starts to guide you...

But do you make the right choice?

The first screenshot is from the first scene, when you panic because it is the same dream that you always have, but no one is even here this time...
You can move! ONWARDS!

The second screenshot is inside a cathedral... An unknown presence rests there...
Ah! It's a mysterious man that knows your name. He questions you-
"Arek... What is it you truely seek?"
You may reply with-
"My destiny"
"What the future holds"
"I don't seek anything"

It is these three questions that will determine whether you are 'Light Arek' or 'Dark Arek.'
BUT...
You have one more task...
In screenshot three, you see two paintings.
The left one is of a beam of light and the other is a volcano.
Choose wisely... For you only have ONE chance to change, once you become L or D Arek, you can't turn back.
It is the same for Neutral Arek...
Spoiler for:
You start as N. Arek, so you must find the way to stay as him.
He has a completely different storyline from the good and bad Areks as well!!!

Spoiler for:
The answer is right in front of you...

Will update regularly, keep watch!  ;D ;D