RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ways To Earn Rep?

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
What are some good ways to earn Rep?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Make good resources and good games. People always like those. Resources (Icons, namely) were what I got my first rep from. :D

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Make resources for people, don't talk shite... and be help full and funny if possiable...

I just made these for a user on here:-

Making things not only boosts your rep it gives you a good feeling !!!

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 87
RMU Admin
How come i have -1 rep?
Did i do something wrong?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Now you have zero... Amazing what a left click can do...LOL

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 87
When you say Icons, you mean XP Icons? I can probably make those. Thanks.

Rep:
Level 87
RMU Admin
hmm.... i just looked 5 min ago and it was -1
how come people have - rep tho?

Rep:
Level 87

If I had to guess, perhaps they've been mean to others, laughed at others problems, or something else. That's all I can think of.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!

Well, I have it because people were making a joke
Let's put nets07's rep down

now it's -2

now it's -3

so on and so on.

Mostly though if you do something stupid then people -rep you.

Rep:
Level 87
RMU Admin
they can or a mod has to?

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Anyone that has over 80 posts i think can rep someone

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Don't make a bad first impression! ;D

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Don't make a bad first impression! ;D

Yes, I definitely agree.

Rep:
Level 87
RMU Admin
when i do how would i -rep or +rep people?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
There will be + and - signs.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Making this topic probably made a few people - rep you.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 87
RMU Admin
can you change mine back to 0?

Rep:
Level 102
If everyone could reset rep to zero, mine would be at...zero. :o

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
If everyone could reset rep to zero, mine would be at...zero. :o

Mine too.

Rep:
Level 87
RMU Admin
i learned alot about rep thanks

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

By kissing my ass.

can you change mine back to 0?

No. Rep is just that, your reputation, if you want it to go up become funny, make insightful comments or do crap in the RM section. Your rep is down for two reasons, 1) your a newb, people will have less tolerance for you and 2) you said a few words that annoyed someone or they simply didn't like something in your av/sig. Reputation is a very petty game in most cases.

Get over it, it's nothing you should care about.

(Oh complaining about it will get your rep down further).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:26:49 AM by Deliciously_Saucy »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

Get over it, it's nothing you should care about.

(Oh complaining about it will get your rep down further).

Totally agree.

best ways:
  • Don't Spam
  • Be nice and helpful
  • Be funny, don't mkae stupid jokes or jokes that might offend people
  • Make resources
  • Be mature (which posting this topic was a stupid thing in the first place, as Roph said
  • Be cool, don't be an idiot, search before posting a new topic asking for help
  • Don't double post, that pisses people off
  • Edit posts
  • Speak with good grammar and spelling, and review your posts before posting them, but you can always edit too!
  • By kissing my ass.
  • Well, actually, just be mature, and I'm sure you'll get rep. You don't have to kiss a mods ass

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Dont be like me ;_;

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
This topic should be :lock:

Rep:
Level 88
By kissing my ass.

And any other mods ass (they can add/take as much as they want?)

+ By agreeing with everyone.

And all the others people above added too. The REP system is pretty flawed though, as you can just derep and add as much as you want. I originally thought the rep system was like this: Decrease, null, increase - you get a one off vote which you can change. That way it'd be accurate (of course with this some people would be dumb enough to make new accounts sadly).

As DS said, don't worry about it.