RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Level System

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
I think that can be labeled as ageism.

Also, you can still view the top 10 post counts here. Perhaps that should be changed to show the top 10 levels?
:tinysmile:

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
You should find a way to factor in joined dates, so elder members that don't post as much don't suffer.

LIKE ME. WHO JOINED OVER A YEAR AGO. BEING ONLY A FEW DECIMALS OVER MASTERMOO. WHO JOINED, LIKE, 3 MONTHS AGO.

That's called your member number, which is displayed above your level number, and it was there when you posted that...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
But does it effect your level?

NO. IT DOESN'T. THIS IS THE POINT OF MY ENTIRE POST

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Nope.

But it's still there.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
zypher's level must be amazing :O
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
He's

Member 2572
Level 61.58
:o

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
But does it effect your level?
NO. IT DOESN'T. THIS IS THE POINT OF MY ENTIRE POST

I think that can be labeled as ageism.

This was done in partial to stop people from judging you on you post count, I think judging someone on their join-date is the same basic thing.

Quote from: Silver
Far too often people are judged solely on something like it (post-count), or people feel they can bitch

It's not a judging system (although it will sadly be used as one >_>) it's there to give a less precise idea on someones post count. Member number was given to stop oldies like you from bitching. You lose  :*

Rep:
Level 96
So judging people by their post count is much better, then?

So instead people will just judge you based on your level number. Nobody's going to look at the member number, because it's too vague. Who knows how big the gap is between member number 2057 and member number 2304? Could be months. Could be weeks. But a level number, yeah, that'll definitely help people ... what? What will it help people do? It'll help them judge people with decreased accuracy. It equalizes the standing between a very intelligent member that's been here for years and posts rarely, and a member that's been here a few months and posts nothing but senseless spam.

Yes. Yes it is a judging system. The only way to get rid of a judging system would be to remove joined dates, post counts, levels, AND extra access and RMRK Advanced. It's all a system of labeling this group of people better than the other.

Well, whatever.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I actually agree with that, this will just be another judging point (if not a stronger one) for people to use. Other then cosmeitcally I don't see it changing anything. The only judging system that should be used is rep as in most  cases it's a true reflection.

If you want to stop people using their post counts as means of elitism, then simply do what FFS did and remove the post counts all together.

Rep:
Level 96
Really, I don't think Silverline did it to remove judging in the first place. I may not be too active in every part of these forums, but I'm pretty sure we're a very laidback forum, and there isn't too much noob-flaming or judging going on around here, though I may be wrong. I really think he did it because it would be neat/interesting. Which it is. I just think basing it solely off of postcount isn't an accurate representation of a forum members "level."

I mean, if he did in fact do it to reduce "judging," wouldn't reducing everything to a level based solely on post count be completely detrimental to the cause? Now, instead of judging people by how long they've been here, what their rep is, and how many posts they have, we're just going to judge them on some number that really only represents ONE of those factors.

Bah, who cares, it's just an internet forum. I'm going to bed.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, I kind of agree with Samurai Pizza Karl (by the way, the seriousness of your sig picture really contrasts with the fact that your name is "Samurai Pizza Karl"). You might as well throw in some additional things to determine level. I actually like level more than post count, because it's kind of neat and unique, but it wouldn't hurt to add in a few extra factors. Like, instead of log10(post count)3, you could make it like:

log10(post count)3  / (.001)(Member Number). It wouldn't make much of a difference, but it would take it into account.

Of course, the more you try to make level an accurate representation of the member, the more a tool for judging it would become, and so it might not be a good idea. But I don't think there is much elitism going on in the first place that we need to build defense mechanisms against it.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
What determines a level?
Just postcount (at the moment? =o)

=p. I plan to do cool stuff like that, though that's out of my skill range for now ;-; Getting them to react with each other and play nice etc =(

Also yeah, the main reason was just to be neat and also, this being an RPG forum, kinda fitting. :o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Pretty soon Roph's going to implement the Job Point system, where you earn points for posts and deposit them into skill sets.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Arlen is hot.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Ok, updated again. Percentages towards the next level are working fine.

ALSO NOW, it factors in how long you've been here.

The higher your user ID (i.e. the sooner you registered here), the more it will subtract from your level.

So somebody like crankeye (user ID = 2) is basically untouched, lol.

[edit] LOL, ok. Tweaked it so that a user with a very high user ID (just registered) and like 1 post isn't owned by that new algorithm and it's impossible to have a negative level.
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I fell 5 levels  :tpg:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I raised... many levels ^_^

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It didn't make much difference for me.

(In fact, it's kind of odd that Zeriab has more posts than me and he was approx. 1700 members before me, and yet we are the same level, with a percentage diffence of 19

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, I'm still level 36, lol.

edit: Not anymore! :O

DUN DUN DUN DUNNNN DAAAA DAAA DUN! DUNDUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Rep:
Level 97
Level 37 on the dot, actually.

Rep:
Level 96
In before edit.

Rep:
Level 97
Out of spite, I'm not even going to edit.

Rep:
Level 96
Also, I'm fully aware of how my serious signature doesn't fit my forum name. In fact, I've said it myself in the "request a sig" forum, so this is the second time lately you've tried to tell me something I already know.

lol

Rep:
Level 97
lol, stating the obvious is one of my major strengths.

EDIT:

How is this guy Member 4130 if we only have 3582 members?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 05:37:41 PM by modern algebra »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
log10(post count)3, you could make it like:

log10(post count)3  / (.001)(Member Number). It wouldn't make much of a difference, but it would take it into account.
LOL! ALGORITHM!!!! XD Anyways, that's cool. And, if you wanted to boost your score, you could just invite people here. What an incentive! :D Also, MA, I have no idea. :P