RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] A poem about Arrow-1

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I had to write this for english class. :D

Desktop Tennis

I spend my days, as I always have for as far as I can remember, in a comfy chair,
Talking endlessly with people whose faces I am likely to never see, playing a game of mental tennis with one concept after another. Every now and then someone aces it, and something is born as the ball hits the wall.

In general though, it’s the same old same old. I quite like this routine, the…simplicity of it all. Back and forth, back and forth…

Splat.

The shattered ball gets all the glory in the end though, and not the player. From it’s thready, rubbery, chartreuse remains sprouts a beautiful flower, just itching to disperse what it has on the idly waiting public. It stretches its roots to the hearts and minds of us all, raptly taking hold of our attention for weeks upon weeks, its elegance and complexity leaving the spectators in awe. As it slowly grows and grows, eventually bursting into glorious bloom, the now enamored audience clambers for their own special piece of this glorious event, to become a part of this entrancing spectacle.

Eventually, however, we come to a time where the audience as well as the players must make a decision.

“Does the brain child live?”

“Or is it cruelly left to die alone, able now only to contemplate what could have so easily been?”

Often times the flower is thrown into the cold, dark nether regions of the subconscious, where it will inevitably wilt. Who’s to blame? If we had let it grow any farther, it could have gotten hurt. It can’t be helped if it was doomed to die.

But…

It’s those that survive that define my existence. I live to feed them, tend to them, and see them grow.

And so I sit, as I always have, in this comfy chair…

…playing tennis, and tending to my garden…

“Ho-hum.”

Opinions? :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:17:16 AM by boe »

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
I don't enjoy free-form poetry.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
WOW, very nice. This had alot of emotion. It kinda broke off to other matters that were confusing to me but soon came back onto my intellectual level XD.

Nice poem. I'd give it a 105.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Rep:
Level 96
I'm gonna omit that before I turn it in... (    -_-)

Rep:
Level 96
LOL more poetry classwork, this one is uber-gay. :tpg:

I Am

I am one with myself, an unbroken bond.
I wonder about why people must always…so distance themselves from peace of mind and body.
I hear a soft, whooshing sound, which I have determined is a deep, innermost mental calm.
I see soft, rolling fields of fresh green grass. I have come to know these as the embodiment of serenity.

I pretend sometimes that I am a bird, soaring through the sky, part of the flowing wind.
I feel as if I am now free from the rigmarole of my daily duties.
I touch the heavens, and absorb the joys they bring to the clear of thought.
When I awake, I worry if I will ever achieve this wondrous dream.
I cry out, “Why can we not all find a way to live in peaceful harmony, to reach the sky together, as a happy whole?”

I understand my reality, and what that in turn encompasses.
I say these things, and I mean them. They are ideals I hold true to my soul.
I dream that one day, mankind will no longer have to separate itself with borders and restrictions, and can come together once more.
I try to understand why we fight, but as I continue to contemplate, I always fail to find any true, defining reason.
I hope and pray that one day my dream will become a reality, and we can end the eternal bloodshed that has become entangled in our existence.

…Of my people, I cannot say the same.

The last line was an extra I added for effect. The poem seems uninspired most likely, and that's probably because I had to stick to a set formula. It was literally like "I am (state two things you are)". Lame. Formula poetry.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:43:28 AM by Arrow-1 »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I am...

I am...

I am Superman, and I can do anything.

Rep:
Level 96
HAHAHA I should have done that.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I would prefer "I am a boy, bitch" but great work ^_+
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
Okay, last of the poetry garbage. These pages are the poems you have read, but turned into a fancy book thing for the final project. Also: There's a new poem. A bit serious, maybe even amusing, but I like it a lot.

Spoiler for Hi-Res:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 07:50:07 PM by Arrow-1 »