RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New project: Dynamic Heartpiece

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Hey, im new to these forums, but not to rpg maker been using it since rm2k.
I've just started Dynamic heartpiece heres a brief overview of the story

Former King’s musician, now a castle guard in training, see’s  horrors and travels to uncover the truth about the death, of his dear Friend and former King Sparrowsloth.

Goes around gaining allies and convincing people to fight for his cause with music to remember the triumph of the former king inflicting various positive status effects on allies in different situations.

Aspects of the game that are in development and will be fully implemented in the game:
Character slect: gender, sprite and custom name for the "hero"
Day and night
Character blinking
Custom made menu
Various stat boosting common event sequences
Puzzles to solve
Minigames
Characters with clear personalities

I'll post more on the game such as screenshots when I've created more, please feel free to give your opinions on the game.
Edit1: Screens added to show title screen, character select, and exmaple of a common event to boost characters stats
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:40:05 PM by Jazzanova »

Rep:
Level 88
Evil will Perish In a Flash of Crimson...
Hey welcome lol, Your game sounds very interesting and seen as u have experience from using rpg2k then i think that your maps etc will look very sweet.
But about the main character is He/she a bard? or what class is he/she?
Sounds very interesting about the death of the King and trying to recruit people you should use that in a minigame or so lol.
Well Good Luck ill keep posting xxx Crimson xxx

Hey welcome lol, Your game sounds very interesting and seen as u have experience from using rpg2k then i think that your maps etc will look very sweet.
But about the main character is He/she a bard? or what class is he/she?
Sounds very interesting about the death of the King and trying to recruit people you should use that in a minigame or so lol.
Well Good Luck ill keep posting xxx Crimson xxx

Hi thanks for your post you have highlighted issues that i havent covered in my intial post:
As you can select the main characters class, he or she is open to any class you want to pick.

There is no bard class as such in this game as the main character needs to remaster his musical ability throughout the game due to an happening that is shown in the beginning of the game.

Regardless of the job you pick for the main characteryou will still be able to use item's such as "Forgotten Heartpiece Guitar" to play a song that triigers a party members memory. Therefore boosting their attack power due to a memory of anger

Never thought of a character recruiting mini game, thanksfor your input, I could create something like that for certain party members

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Your mapping is a little bit empty, but it's a good start.

And I don't like that you are using Aluxes( Arthes, what now his name is) as your main character. Most people use him in their games.

Rep:
Level 88
By the way Blackshadow his name is Arshes now hun x

Your mapping is a little bit empty, but it's a good start.

And I don't like that you are using Aluxes( Arthes, what now his name is) as your main character. Most people use him in their games.

he isn't the main character that model is merely on the title screen, as you can see the whole point of character select is to pick the model you want to use theres loads of choices for the "main character"

Mapping??? what mapping, the screens are to show some of the functions of the game if you read top post, thats not what the final maps are going to be like at all
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 06:00:08 PM by Jazzanova »

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Sorry then. My mistake ;D

For my game i'm trying to create a long  river based map, where the player can only go in certain parts of the water to "sail" across, the idea is i want to place lots of whirlpools around the water, that if the players touches them, it will take them to another map downstream and the player will have to start over. Also particular whrilpools will contain hard monserts to fight for better equipment. Aswell as islands with npc's on

So has anyone know where i can get an event graphic i could use for a whirlpool please?
Feel free to give opinions on the idea

Rep:
Level 88
So i was looking for a Whirlpool that u could possibly use, which seems to me to be impossible to find, i did however have another idea that is the same as you jus a slightly different concept,   :lol: :D

how about using rocks in the water instead of whirlpools.. i found a autotile with rocky water but i dunno how that will look.. u could however jus put ordinary rocks in the water and put and event on every rock so if u crash into the rock you get battled by an enemy harder than regular enemies making it so that the challenge is to avoid all rocks...

Crimson xx