RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy, an action rpg?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
"I'm a son of the South"
I was just thinking, would you prefer final fantasy being an action rpg? Not like shining force or Final Fantasy XII, but more like Devil May Cry or God of War. Personally, i have nothing against current ff gameplay; but i think it would be cool to have a ff plot with a Devil May Cry sort of gameplay.

What do you guys think?
"In war and politics, half of what we are told is a complete an utter lie, the rest, are lies covered with truths"

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
That wouldn't be too bad. I think thats what the sorta did with Dirge of Cerebus. The vincent game.
But FF are what they are today because they were RPG, they are famous for being the best RPG's.
If they were anything else i don't think the would be as big.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
The good thing about RPGs is there are lot's of characters with lot's of character development. In action games there is usually only one Character and the whole party thing doesn't really work.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I think FF13 and FF versus is going to be an action rpg. It is a going to be really nice combination because you have all the customizations of an rpg and the action of a...of a...action game. Plus, your party members could be controlled by AI or it could multiplayer. The story,visuals, gameplay, and music would still be orgasmic and you would be open to more options if it were an action rpg. 

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I think FF13 and FF versus is going to be an action rpg. It is a going to be really nice combination because you have all the customizations of an rpg and the action of a...of a...action game. Plus, your party members could be controlled by AI or it could multiplayer. The story,visuals, gameplay, and music would still be orgasmic and you would be open to more options if it were an action rpg. 

It's just versus thats going to be action. XIII is going to be a fast-paced ATB (think X-2)