RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feedback plz on my first spriteset

Rep:
Level 88
Im gonna update his battler hair to make it look awesome. :)

Ill update the first post with the new battler :)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
You shouldn't use the same color scheme on the battlers hair..you should try a different more real looking color for hair to match his body... Nice job though!

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
hmmm i think its good but can you make it lossen up a bit? like make it more wavy any way if that is the way you want it then its ok too =)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Nice hair, but it's still shiny...

Rep:
Level 88
Shiny? The battler or the spriteset? If its the battler, is it the clothes or hair. If its the spriteset is it the clothes or hair?

And Ive finally re-started on working on this again... I only make this in spare time too.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
The hair, it doesn't look natural.

Rep:
Level 88
Spriteset! FINITO! :donkey:

Spoiler for Finished Spriteset:
I re-shaded his shirt, completely!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ohhhh.... Looks nice! ;D I just think that the face is a little duller in color compared to the rest of the stuff. :P But what can one do?

Rep:
Level 88
I was gonna post a red hair version of him when he was done :)
So, here is his red hair version!
Spoiler for Red Hair:
Unlike all the others, this will not be on the first post :blizj:

Im also trimming the first post down :)

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
It's slowly getting there... I don't think it's in keeping with the standard RTP sprites... But I think with a little bit of time you could make it much better.

I think you sticking to the Primary colours has made it look very childish and overly cartoony... For example if I was making it (Now with my experince) I would make it look much darker, and drab... Those vibrant colours just look wrong for the era of the game sets... Way to modern... Looks like some thing out of a Nike Advert... The Black key line around the hair on the walking Up state is a litle in your face, makes him look like he has a Lump in the back of his head...

But your shading is good, it's all about right, the swapping of the knee pad is correct and in keeping, the animation is nice... For your first sprite it's good.

Here's my first ever scratch build:-

It's funny I made pretty much all the same mistakes when I started out, looking back at my first one for me is slightly embarrasing now... I think now I am creating some brilliant resources... like me you should Keep at it, I think you have potential, you taking constructive critisum well... Gilgamesh Gave me some brilliant pointers when I first started out !!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 04:05:27 PM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
Well it did use MS Paint...

And what black keyline?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
To the left of the back of his head (Slighty to the left of centre) his hair looks clumpy... Like a head malformity... Or may be it's just me...?

I have made your image larger and highlighted the far left where in my OPINION it looks odd... and on the Far Right done a very QUICK impression of what i think looks more natrual.

Hope that helps... I do like the clothing and shading, it's a good start !!!

At the moment the hair looks like a blob of melted plastic... But saying that many pokemon sprites look that way, so if your making a pokemon type game your sprite is spot on !!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 04:43:55 PM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
It all depends on what other people think...

Spoiler for The links to all the templates I will be using:
Also, here are links to every single template which I am going to use for each and every version of this guy -

Linky 1
Linky 2
Linky 3

All of them are from .Org :-\
And obviously, the default RTP

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
@_@ ohhhhhhhhhhhh i didnt saw that one