RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy IV DS

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
There are now rumors floating about that Square Enix is considering remaking Final Fantasy IV on the DS and giving it the treatment they gave III (Comeplete graphics overhaul, etc.)

What do you think of this?

I, for one, hope these rumors turn out to be very true. I would LOVE IV to be remade on the DS and for it to be in 3D. It is one of my favorite FF games.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Here is a scan for you all. This shows the graphics and the battle against Octomammoth.

http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/2/173404900920070509143020.html

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
OMG, it looks weird.

Im a fan of both IV and VI, and this looks both weird and good.

Why can't they do the remake on VII soon?!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Dark knight Cecil? Best FF ever.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
OMG, it looks weird.

Im a fan of both IV and VI, and this looks both weird and good.

Why can't they do the remake on VII soon?!

Because IV is a classic and is also considered as one of the best FFs. It does look good, indeed. I'm not REALLY a graphics whore, unlike some people, and these graphcs actually look good to me.

I'm guessing that V and VI might also get a DS, 3D remake. Thats just a guess, though.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
YAY!  ;D
I live in the UK and I imported FFIII I was so excited! And it was great! This would be great to. I played it on the GBA a while ago (my friend's game) and the story was just so absorbing, and the 16-bit graphics didn't get in the way at all! If it is coming to DS, I can't wait! Would prefer FFVII there ("but it was a PS title!") Yes, but it was still released on the PC so why can't they do it to the DS?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'm guessing that V and VI might also get a DS, 3D remake. Thats just a guess, though.

Of course they will. Squenix will squeeze money out of these games any way they can. I can't say I'm not excited though, because I loved those 3 games. After that, I could care less if they remade any of the other games.
:tinysmile:

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Exactly. I couldn't care less if they remade VII-IX, I ust want IV, V and VI. A few things I want changed in this version, though, as as followed:

-Same difficulty as the SNES version.

-Some more bosses and summons.

-Be able to change characters for the end-game, like in IV Advance.

-Make Zeromus's Big Bang less Seizure-enducing.

-New secret dungeon.

And that is basically it for me.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Which one is this? Cecil? I don't wanna have to load my rom to figure it out...  :'(

If it's Butz, more classes! If it's Cecil, perfect game.

Nintendo has ever Square 2D employee hired. So I'm guessing Square is going to make it's Nintendo come back...and with the debates of these new 3D remake titles, I'm sure that Nintendo's former glory will be returned. Shove it Sony. They already started with RE4...and Wii RE4 will be a bigger bang I assume...I heart Nintendo...(fanboy....)

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I like Nintendo's handhelds better than their systems, but Sony's systems more than their handhelds. Meh. Also, FF IV is the one with Cecil and the gang.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Sweet!

Paladin Cecil rocks!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Ah, *****. First you bought it for the SNES. Then for PSX (Which, by the way, didn't see any major changes.). Then it came out for the GBA. No change... oh, wait? We got ONE new dungeon, right? Yayy! And now it'll come out for DS as 3d? ... guess I'll buy it...
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 89
They do need to make all games before ff VII a remake[FF III remake].
if you want a rom emuparadise.org has 2800 GBA roms.
I just cheated for the advance version because I got to the end too many time and was never able to defeat Zeromus,bastard.They also need to make FF VII-IX Because those are the best game and need to make at lease one remake of these games. The game VII need a remake not 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000   spin-offs. Spin-off are incredibly annoying.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 05:26:11 AM by Kefka »

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
Final Fantasy IV on the DS? Now that would rock.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
But as Kefka said, spin-offs make the fans annoyed. That's why I didn't buy FFV and VI on GBA 'cause I knew it'd just be a bunch of shit piled into a small cassette.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
V and VI advance are not spin-offs, they are ports with added content. Spin-offs are things such as FF7: Crisis Core, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus, etc. III and IV DS are entirely different: They are remakes constructed from the ground up.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Whatever, I still think they're useless. FFV offers one new dungeon and four new jobs. Yay.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Well, that is all you can do I suppose. However, no one can pass judgement on IV DS as of yet because it has not been released.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Don't get me wrong, they're turning the table upside down with this DS project. Exactly what IV fans need. Like me.  ;8

Rep:
Level 89
well...i was referring to FF VII because that is the only final fantasy that has one movie sequel movie, then another sequel game then, two prequel movies, and a game on the cell phone. Omg why the hell did they do that. Yet they don't just make  a remake its too hard to ask for. i know the solution make a spin-off so they can avoid making a remake... :-\
Final fantasy IV is the best game before FF VI because that one needs to be remade for th DS also.
To also tell most of those spin-offs suck.

Rep:
Level 87
I foolishly decided to purchase FFIVA when it was released. /: I'm glad I never got around to buying FFVA or FFVIA, because most likely they'll have 3D remakes in due time.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
That's just what I did. It's NO challenge, I had 60h playtime before completing the SNES version at lv.68.

The GBA version I passed in 23h Lv.72

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Ugh, I love the SNES final fantasies more than any other ones, but this is just overkill. How many times does Zeromus have to attack before Square makes enough money off of old classics?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
I just found this, seems like they're making tactics for DS too.

>_>'

That's a good thing, but they seem to only make remakes nowadays.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/787/787978p1.html

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: The Sealed Grimore is not a remake of any kind. It is a new tactics  game following the setup of FFTA for the GBA. Basically it's  #2. I dunno why they left "advance" in the name, though.