RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What exactly is this?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

What? I don't get it.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
ah i get that don't download i did and got viruses on my comp

but i get it as a pop-up its really annoying

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
lol, so why does it pop up at random when I'm browsing the web?

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Dunno my comp's randomly been allowing pop-ups, its annoying, its also been finding illegal stuff to apparently ???  dont know where that came from though  ::)

Rep:
Level 102
WinFixer, WinAntiVirus, ErrorSafe, SystemDoctor and DriveCleaner are identical or similar computer programs available for Microsoft Windows that claim to repair computer system problems. They are forcibly installed on the victim's computer by the SysProtect vector. They display false information with regards to a user's computer, thereby confusing said user into believing their PC is infected with viruses, spyware and/or other forms of malware. The adverts pop up a display with notifications to convince the user that something may be amiss with the computer, or run a fake diagnostic. The program repeatedly prompts the user to purchase a licensed copy of the program.

Due to these problems, WinFixer and its sister applications are generally considered scareware spyware. Indeed, their misleading popups and forced downloads mirror the infection strategies of many spyware programs. Computers infected with this trojan also exhibit sluggish performance.

Wow. Those bastards.

When the user chooses any of the options or tries to close this dialog (by clicking 'Ok' or 'Cancel' or by clicking the corner 'X'), it will trigger a pop-up window and WinFixer will download and install itself, regardless of the user’s wishes. Because this is a dialog box related to the Internet Explorer application, it does not appear in the Windows Task Manager list (Ctrl+Alt+Del). However, the user may be able to avoid installing the program either by using the Alt+f4 command or by disconnecting from the internet before closing the dialogue box.
Oh shut, I clicked cancel =x

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
lol yeah thats what happened to me but if you click X then X again quickly it cancels it,  but it didn't install my anti virus software found it in 5 secs and destroyed it

still my recored is 400 trojens and 100 viruses, so many, destroyed nearly all the programs, i think paint still worked

Rep:
Level 102
If Mcafee doesn't pick it up, I'll just have to be lazy and hope it didn't download =o

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
if your using a firewall and an anti-virus it should be fine :) firefox or similar also would help to reduce risk

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
In Firefox there is the NoScript extension.
It should be quite helpful with these matters.
Just remember to allow rmrk.net if you use it ^_^