RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shapeshifting Potion???

Rep:
Level 87
I heard of somewhere that there is a shapeshifting potion item made using common events but i've searched and haven't found any... Please can someone point me in the direction of one?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
like when you use an item you change your graphic?

in the database under item click common event set it to an empty one.
now go to common event tab and click that common event.
on the right Use w/e command you want to happen when the potion is used. (Change actor graphic)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
I know how to do that, it's just i'm stuck on how to only make it last so long (e.g: Drink Snake Shapeshifting potion, Walk around as snake X no. of frames, Turn back into human).

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
alright, after the change actor graphic put:
<> Wait 200 frames
<> change actor graphic (Back to normal)
<> Erase event

Rep:
Level 87
It just turns him into a snake, freezes him on the spot for 200 frames then turns back to human.

P.S: If you like I could add a copy of the game so far.

EDIT: I wanted him so that he could move AS A SNAKE for x number of frames not stay still.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:02:53 PM by Etular »

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Have it so that when you change graphic, it turns on a switch. Make a common event, set it to parralel process, make the trigger the switch that turns on when you change graphic, and put what Nouman said (minus the Erase Event) in the common event.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no he made a mistake.

Dont add WAIT in set move route.

use WAIT event command.

Rep:
Level 87
What You Mean By That

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
What You Mean By That

abbbbbout what I said? I mean there is a normal WAIT command. if you put a wait command using set move route it will make your character wait not the event wait.

Rep:
Level 87
I Tryed Waitng on the event with out useing move event but it still dosent move

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
hmmmm. This is tuff. I think to make this a whole lot easier you can script it. If you dont know rgss. make a request and i might be able to help you out. :) ;D
For Free Web Design, E-mail us at freewebdesign@gmail.com

Rep:
Level 87
????
make an common event And make a timer
( it should show it at the top right corner)
Make it so you change into a snake the after
The time you set Change graphic to normal

Than you have and item make it call the
common event and then your done

Rep:
Level 87
never thought of that helps me thanks

Rep:
Level 87
????
No problem =)