RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Permanent Deletion?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
The Chosen Of Darkness...
Ok so I was very far into my game, just to find out that I need to make events stay gone!!

I have an event that requires a switch to be destroyed.Ok so when I finally get the switch activated, and I destroy the event, it works, but when I leave the map where the object was deleted, and come back to it, it's there agian, and I hafto destroy it agian!?! How can I make the darn thing stay deleted!?!

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
On the first page of the event add:

Local Switch A = On (PK Version) or Self Switch A = On (Legal)

and dont put end event yet. On the second page

Preconditons( Local Switch A = On)
Trigger( Auto Start)
Events( End Event)

try that out

Hope it helps!
Sig by MacGravel

Well I have a small problem.I dont see a Preconditions option in the event listings?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
top left in event box, not a command.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Thanks guys! I got it finally! I am on my way!

Oh! While i'm on the help subject, I better bring this up before I forget!

What is the exact diffrence between these three boxes in map design?

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
They show the different layers of the map, in order of dominance of appearance. If you have a tree on the central layer it will appear over the bottom layer, and the invisible part of the tile will show through to the bottom layer.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Basically, the more left you are, the lower the object will (appear to) be. The one to the right is the event layer.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I think of it like real life...but the choices are down to 3 instead of unlimited...

Anyway, my version of describing it is that the orange page shows if it is the 1st layer, the 2nd layer or the third layer (the box is events which you can also map with). Depending on what layer you put an object it will be shown behind or in front of an image.

~Winged

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Someone needs to point him to one of those real basic tutorials, if he doesn't know layers or switches, there's probably a lot more he needs to know.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I say we left him off the lead and let him into the wild =]

~Winged
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:34:46 AM by Winged »

Actually, I understood what those boxes did, but I was hoping someone would say there was a way to collide tile sets in there explanation. XD

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Well, what exactly did you want to know about Tilesets?

~Winged

If it was possible to use items from diffrent tile sets on 1 map?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Excellent quetion.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16412.0.html

There you go. You dont have to use the entire tileset, just make sure it is alligned as explained in the tutorial
Sig by MacGravel