RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] What did I do wrong?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I'm making an event where you are walking across on of the one tile bridge spaces, and using variables, when you touch the first tile of bridge, the middle tile breaks, but when I step on the first tile, the middle tile doesn't break....

That's for the first tile
Code: [Select]
@>Control Variable: [0004: bridge] +=1
@>Control Self Switch A =On

Middle Tile:
Code: [Select]
@>Conditional Branch: Variable [0004: bridge] ==1
  @>Control Self Witch A =On
  @>
 : Else
  @>
 : Branch End
@>

I've done this sort of thing before, but what next? Is it because of Self Switch?

(I have self switch checked on page 2 of each event)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:34:28 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Can you upload the project?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You did self-switch. I think self-switch only works withing the event that it's used for.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Ahh! Thanks!

And I'll try it, if it's not working still, I'll upload a picture.

Nope...
didn't work!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:11:46 PM by Mexneto »

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Try this.

Make the bridge with the broken tile already on it. Make a new event above it with the graphic of the regular bridge tile.

Now for events

First Bridge Tile:
Page 1
Trigger-hero touch
Events-Switch Break=ON
       End Event

Middle Bridge Broken Tile:
Page 1
Graphic-Normal Bridge tile

Page 2
Precondition-Switch Break=ON
Graphic-none
Trigger-autostart
Event-SFX-Break(if you want to use sound)
      end event

Try something like that
Sig by MacGravel

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That will most definitely work. Like I've said, self-switches work only within the event (therefore the name "Self-Switch"). That's why they're so useful for chests and stuff.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Thanks! I'll try it, I also forgot to say that when the bridge breaks and goes over to the broken graphic, I have it trigger an other variable with a different name, so I need it to self switch.

So I use a switch in this? eh?

I'll give it a try.  :lol:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Thanks! I'll try it, I also forgot to say that when the bridge breaks and goes over to the broken graphic, I have it trigger an other variable with a different name, so I need it to self switch.
I didn't really understand that... Did/do you need help on it or is it just a comment?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I didn't really understand that... Did/do you need help on it or is it just a comment?

Yes I do need help, what I was saying is that I have a variable event on the next page that activates a quest, that's the whole point of this, I need the bridge to break, so I can activate the quest.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
If there's a variable thing that needs to be done, just make an unreachable event with a "Autorun" and a switch pre-condition that works on whatever makes the bridge break that will set the variable to a number or something and then turn on a self-switch that will turn it off.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
If there's a variable thing that needs to be done, just make an unreachable event with a "Autorun" and a switch pre-condition that works on whatever makes the bridge break that will set the variable to a number or something and then turn on a self-switch that will turn it off.

hmm...a bit confusing.

This is what I get, is this correct:
make an event somewhere, where it can't be touched, and make a switch pre-condition that triggers when I step on the first bridge tile?
And have another switch trigger the self switch so it'll switch to the next event page, so that I can activate the quest?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You don't need the extra switch because the the page is already good. The quest should start on the first page and then the self-switch should be used so that the event is on a blank page so that it doesn't continually do stuff.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I don't understand. If you are turning a switch on for the broken bridge tile, why can't you use that switch as the activator for the quest?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That's what I said! XD

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
This is confusing me.

My couldn't I just use a switch? Well, I wouldn't I have to use two?
Because the variable controls two different bridges, and once you try going over each one, it activates the quest, well, you have to go and talk to the guy to get the quest.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Uhhh... Add 1 to the variable each time a bridge breaks? And then when you talk to the guy, you make an event page of precondition : variable [xxx] >= 2?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Duh, I know that, but it's the bridge part that I'm stuck on....  :-\
I already did that, but I can't test the quest until I get this finished, because without getting this finished, when I step on the middle tile, I get st

OK! I GOT IT, I'LL TRY IT RIGHT NOW!

Ok, when you step on it, make it so that you are pushed back and you regain control.
I'll try it!

EDIT: OK! I GOT THE EFFING THING TO WORK!

Ok, thanks for all of your help though!  :D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 12:14:25 AM by Mexneto »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Np, np. Add.... nvm, you did it. XD

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
No problem. Thats why my personal message says what it says lol