RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Urm

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
I'm trying to make it so that when you leave your house at the beginning you run into the other 3 main characters, and when you talk to the middle one they ask you if they can come alone with you. I want it so if you say yes, all 3 join your party and if you say no you cant leave town. I kinda know how to do some of it, but not all of it

Also Known As:
Nec - Tactics Arena Online / MysticNec - Maple Story / [opiate] Mystic - Counter-Strike

Rep:
Level 89
make a event outside when u step out, hav the 3 boys standing there, then just do some messages "join me or il hurt u" or something like that, then choises, yea, ill join, or, no, get screwed, if yes add 3+ members to party, if no, then make a switch on the exits on town with message " u cant leave town unless u join" choises yes, or , no,, if yes make another switch, make it on the other events on the exits, the just leave it blank on the new switch.

if u dont understand, ill get home and do it u proply for u :D
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
I'm just having troubles with the "can't leave town unless they join your party" part

Also Known As:
Nec - Tactics Arena Online / MysticNec - Maple Story / [opiate] Mystic - Counter-Strike

Use a conditional branch.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Make an event on the town exit,on hero touch,or colision.(or have a guard there).On that event make a conditional branch,second tab(if hero X in hte party).it will look like:
Conditional branch:Hero [x] in the party
<>Teleport to wherever you want
Else
<>Message:I shouldnt leave by myself
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
I'll give it a try and if I mess it up I'll show you all I did and where a possible mistake possibly could have been

*urgh*

to lazy to look around but why when i read a sign it gets all messed up?*

Also Known As:

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: ArkBennett
Use a conditional branch.

no, NO.

:   Message: you cant leave town unless you join us.
    <>Choise: yea, ill join. no, screw you
:   Yea, ill join:
    <> Message: ok
    <>Add party member: +1 (????)
    <>Add party member: +1 (???)
    <>Add party member: +1 (????? ????)
    <>erase event
    <>(finish later)
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
When you erase the event, it'll reappear if you re-enter the map.  :roll:

ArkBennett and mark are corect, although I would use a switch, but it still works.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
Well I want it so they stay with you the whole game, as they will complete your party (you + 3 = 4)

Also Known As:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Yes, ok then do this:

Quote from: mark
Conditional branch:Hero [x] in the party
<>Teleport to wherever you want
Else
<>Message:I shouldnt leave by myself

That's to check at the teleporter. You said you wanted it so if you said no, then you couldn't leave. That'll handle that, although I would have it check for a variable rather than if the hero is in the party. It'll cause for less problems in the future most likely.

As for the hero event, Jesse was on the right track:

<>Show Message: Hi, we love you, let us join you so we'll always be with you forever.
<>Show Choice:
<> [That's really weird, but ok] Handler
<> Switch 0001= ON
<> Change Party Members: Add Arshes
<> Change Party Members: Add Basil
<> Change Party Members: Add Gloria
<>
<> [No, get the hell away from me] Handler
<> Message: :(
<>

Then on the second page, make the precondition that the switch is ON, and put a blank image in for the graphic, so you remove all the members that just joined from the map, and thus, when you re-enter, the event won't repeat. If you use mark's way, then make the conditional branch check for one of the members. But of course there are other ways, you could have it check for the switch or even a variable for example.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
Alright, I have it working, but I have one problem still. I have it when your character leaves his house outside is the other threee waiting. Once you talk to the one girl and agree with her, the 3 join behind your character right away (i have catipillar script thingy). The problem is the other two just stand there after I say yes after they join my party, so basically i have the three in my party behidn me and 2/3 still are on the map. So basically what can I do to fix this.

Also when my guy reads a bulletin when i press the action key to read it, it likes zooms into a random bulletin chip that isnt the one I used, um?

Also Known As:

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Well,i never tried that script,but my guess is that since you only talk to one carachter,the script will only read that one.So you could probably fix it be erasing the other two characters(change grafic command>>None).If the other two appear instantly behind i think there'll be no problem.
As for the bulletins,you have to check lock facing in the event window.
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
I knew it was something stupid with the signs :O_o:

Also Known As: