RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Palace Of Ending

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Introduction
 In the beginning of the planet, there were two villages. The villages were the only worries in the world. There was no good or evil, there were just differences. The first war began between the villages. Nearly half of the population was killed. The Elders of the villages only wanted peace. They created a palace called, “The Palace Of Ending” that holds the power to extinct the human race. This was to only happen if the planet goes out of control. The only way to activate it is to sacrifice a blood relative of one of the elders.

Setting
 In a small, peaceful village, lives a family of four. The family consists of a Mother, a father, a son, and a daughter. The family shares a strong love for each other. The father, Shigeru, runs the weapon store, a short walk away from the family house. The mother, Nuo, stays at home, taking care of the house and children. Emi, the daughter, is doing very well at school. She enjoys life, and her schoolwork. Nauru, the son, is also in school. When he’s not in school he helps his father at the store.

Story
 The village is silent, and night has arrived. The family is enjoying a nice meal, prepared by Nuo. The family hears a noise outside. Suddenly, the door crashes open! Four men dressed in black enter the room, wielding swords! The father and son manage to hold three of them off. The final man is charging toward Emi with his sword! Shigeru dives to save his daughter's life! He’s killed in front of his family, and the man. Nauru manages to kill the final man, but it’s too late for his father.

The next night the family is attacked again, only this time there’re fifteen men. Nauru is unable to fight all of them. They kill Nuo and kidnap Emi. Nauru tries to retrieve Emi from the man, but Nauru is knocked out from behind. When he awoke, he found a note that reads, “Kidnap the girl, and return to The Palace Of Endings.”  Nauru must venture, to rescue his sister, and avenge his parent’s deaths.

Characters
Nauru
Info: He’s forced to take a man’s life to save his mother an sister. He works at his father’s shop when he’s not in school. After his sister is taken, he must save her.

Emi
Info: Her father defended her when a nation attacked. He was killed instead of her. She does well in school. When she isn’t learning or studying, she’s helping others.

Shigeru
Info: He’s a very brave man. He owns the village shop where people come to buy items. He wants his children to grow up and become strong, mentally and physically.

Nuo
Info: She spends most of her time at home, taking care of things. She shows a deep passion for her children.

Current Scripts
Blizz Action Battle System
Dynamic Day And Night System
Letter By Letter Message Window

Features
Fishing
Battle Arena
Over 370 music files I'll try to use
Loads of graphical resources

Screenshots
I'll get some up as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:20:44 PM by Irockman1 »

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Oh my gosh, 370 music files? That'd take ages to download  :o

Anyway, the story is alright, I can't say much on how to improve though, I'm bad at stories anyway. No matter what your reputation is, I won't put too much attention to that so keep that in mind if anything constructive comes out of my mouth.. I'll try to download one of the longer demo's when you've finished.  :D

~Winged

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
This sounds good. Can't wait until you post some screenshots. :)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Don't worry Winged, they're just midi files. xD
I'm trying to keep the main story a bit simple, but keep the background story strong. I didn't want to spoil anything though.

It won't be too long before I can get some screenshots up, I just finished getting the scripts to work correctly.

Thanks for the feedback. ;)