RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Al Bhed Script?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Okay, searched the forums and all I got was some ideas on how to do it with events, but I was wondering if there's any way to do a script that applies each cypher you pick up during the course of the game to certain characters and books and whatnot?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Store the Al Bhed text in a String
Use String operations to replace the letters that needs to be translated with their counterpart.
Information about String operations can be found here http://www.rubycentral.com/ref/ref_c_string.html
Store the resulting string into a variable.
This can then be displayed by using the normal message button under the events commands by typing '\v[x]' where x is the number of the chosen variable.

*WARNING*Using normal variable operations on a variable containing a String may cause the game to crash*WARNING*

Rep:
Level 90
*WARNING* I already made this exact thing using only events and no problems *WARNING*

You have to make 26 seperate heroes and 26 seperate scripts or cyphers. And make a parallell process saying that if a certain script is held, change the hero name... you will need to make the messages say \n[001] or whatever though.
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Quote from: Boomer_FT
Okay, searched the forums and all I got was some ideas on how to do it with events, but I was wondering if there's any way to do a script that applies each cypher you pick up during the course of the game to certain characters and books and whatnot?

Read that again and you'll probably notice why I haven't just linked to this:
http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5956

Rep:
Level 90
I dont understand what you are saying.

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Quote from: Boomer_FT

He wants a script, thus the reason he wasn't directed to your topic. He already found your topic and wants an alternate solution.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 90
XD How did I miss that? XD Sorry there.

Pwnzorz'd

Quite all right. I've actually decided against using any Final Fantasy related things in my project... Trying to keep originality intact... :P

Rep:
Level 90
Yea I decided that too but it would be a sweet script

Pwnzorz'd

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
doesnt have to originate from final fantasy make up a new language

Yeah, but the idea is Final Fantasy. Besides, I came up with a better idea. :P