RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Attack Of The Self-Locking Mall [Read topic for further information]

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Hey guys I'm back, sorry its been so long, I screwed up computer (again), so I had to reinstall, but it didn't work. So I had to wait forever for them to send a newer version, so I say again, hey  :)

Anyway, I want to start a game I want some random ideas for from ANYONE. I will probably accept it. First, I'm going to need a title and story, then we can get into the characters. Please post! Later!

Title: The Attack Of The Self-Locking Mall

Story: Nick at the mall, trying to buy a new CD, Infinity On High, but when he tries to leave, the gates are over the door. The announcement speakers came on and said. "A virus has been detected in the mall's security system, we will try and delete the virus.", but Nick knows there is another way, he HAD to do something about it...but what?

Characters: [None]

Screen Shots: [None]

Demos/Game: [None]

-----------------------------------------------------------
Credit to:

mastermoo420/Halestorm5 - for Title

Me - for story

[None] - for characters

[None] - for anything else
-----------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:34:07 PM by Nikolai »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
i've seen you start many games, but they have all been HARD ideas, try something easy like the evil man stole your dog.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. What if I were to ask you to make a game with Martians invading Earth except the people fight them off (hour of gameplay with cutscenes, etc.) and then you had to go onto the mothership to kill them? That's kind of hard. Anyways, try something easy, but maybe not Nouman's because that seems too easy. I need an idea for my project... Read between the two quotes in my signature in place of this sentence. :)

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Still, got any ideas?

Rep:
Level 88
...Heres a idea I though was worthless. Its a basic story tho. Its good for a bigginer

STORY -
NAME - Last Knight

A knight named _______ was on his way on a daily walk through Town, when a sudden gust of wind hits and everyone in town fainted instantly. ________ woke up in a strange dark tower. _______ walks down the stairs and hears a voice saying 'Let me see your strength...' and the voice dies away. ________ walks on and hears it again 'LET ME SEE YOUR STRENGTH IN A BATTLE! GO! Servant SAHAGIN!'

Ands thats a rubbish story that I was using for my first game, that turned out rubbish.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, it did kinda stink =\ (no offense) Anyway, I got an idea =) I get stuck in the mall, I will make the resources of me and if anyone wants to join =) But for the story and title, here are some things that might help:

Its a puzzle/adventure (no battling) game

I get stuck at the mall

I have to do something to get out

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Title: REVENGE OF THE SELF-LOCKING MALL

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
0_o...maybe the sequel name? because this is his 'first' time in, so how can it get revenge?

Rep:
Level 88
Just take out 'Revenge' and add 'The Attack'. You get -

The Attack Of The Self-Locking Mall

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Awesome, story time! Anyone got any ideas?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Whole Story: You want to buy a ring for your girlfriend, Jane. As you walk in, everyone's gone. You decide to still go to the jewelry store. You buy the ring (er steal, since no one's there) and try to leave. When you reach the exit you came in from, you see that it has lock itself (OH NOES). The exit on the other end seems to be open. You go there. It was open but now it's closed. On the way back, you notice the side entrance is open. You leave.

Tada!!!!11111oneoneone

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Hm...I want something diffrent, and there ARE people there. He has to do like quests and stuff.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh. Dang. Um. He enters. People are running around. A security announcement or w/e tells them tiny robots controlled by the mall are shutting down the mall/locking it. :P

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Nah, a tad longer and more detail xD

(sorry for being lazy, busy with homework)

EDIT: I've finished my homework! Time for me to make the story! (Or...er...try.)

You guys will get to rate =) I am open to any comments, dis is or like it, I don't care =) It just tells me I need to work on my stories. Here we go:

Nick at the mall, trying to buy a new CD, Infinity On High, but when he tries to leave, the gates are over the door. The announcement speakers came on and said. "A virus has been detected in the mall's security system, we will try and delete the virus.", but Nick knows there is another way, he HAD to do something about it...but what?

What ya think?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 10:53:42 PM by Nikolai »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Good! Maybe make it so he needs to kill the virus and not just exit? :P Like, as you progress, you gain levels/stats for the final battle? XD

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
its a puzzle game remember?

Maybe he turns into a program thing and has to do something to bring him down and shut him off (no fighting)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Aww... I knew that it was no fighting, but I just thought it would be "different" if there was just one (lol) fight.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Nah, plus I've always wanted to make a no battle game with puzzles and stuff

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Good luck! And you have a story so I guess you can edit that? And you made a guy named "Nick."

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
I'm gonna wait for maybe three more people to request to join and I can try and make them sprites for them

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Joining is now open!!1!!111one!!11two!!!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'll join. I haven't worked on my project for a while and I want to work on something. :P What jobs are available?

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
What do you mean? This is a puzzle game, and I have seprate parts for the characters to come in, ya see, you are able to swap characters but they can do certain things. So I guess... I should show some.

Hacker
Builder
Unlocker (locked doors only)
Programmer (for when Nick has to face the virus and go into the Digital World)

Pick one =) and give me a description for you guy (IE: Guy, hair color, etc)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
HACKER! I'll add details soon. I just wanted to reserve him.

EDIT: Okay. He's a male. He has black hair. He can be asian/white. (One or the other). Wearing cool clothes B) and he's kick-ass. XD

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Clothes description please