RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to...?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Ok, I searched the forums, and i couldent find it anywhere.
So, i'll start a new thread, and if i missed the thread that answers this question by all means lock this and locate me to the correct thread.
So anyway...
I just started RPG Maker so i am terrible but i have loved RPG games and played so many of them (Final fantasy being my fave)
But enough of me, on to the question.
Is there a way to make the battle scenes like FF3?
So they were side view, and to attack your bar needed to be full..

Like this, and for the Bar thing, if you have played those sort of games you will know what i am on about.
If its not possible for the turn battle is it possible to just have it side scrolling..?

Edit: Ok, Dont i feel stupid, After 30 mins of serching the tutorials section and then posting this thread, I go to the scripting part and find one strait away... -.-
http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4726
But is there a way to edit this to put in turn bars...

Rep:
Level 90
Well I assume you are on about XP coz 2003 already has a battle system like that. It is possible with XP but it requires a complicated script.

Insteresting...
Would it be possible to inport the script from 2003 and put in XP or are they not compatible?
Also, does 2003 have turn bars (I am really focused on these)

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
1. That's a pic of FF2/4  :^^:

2. Check the scripts forums for a side-view battle system.
:tinysmile:

Yeah, I found a side view battle, but what abbout a turn bar..?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
http://www.lrpgm.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24

A bit resource heavy, but it does what you want it to.

Hmm, Since i am new and i have no idea what she/he was talking about
Could you post me the code i need to add to make the turn bars..?