RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Problems with mouse pointer moving on it;s on

Rep:
Level 87
i just got a used laptop and i am having problems using the pointer. i have a USB mouse hooked up but what happens is the point moves on its own. usually to the upper right corner, but sometimes also to the lower left corner. and then all the sudden it will be fine....for awhile and then it happens again. i have changed my settings in the control panel but to no avail. any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 07:20:45 PM by Zeriab »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Idk. There's this guy I know, his computer does the same thing. No idea why.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes this happens to me and my mouse is wireless...people say it's just a glitch reaction by your computer. =/
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Mine use to do the same. All I did was unplug it and replug it in. Also lowered scrolling speed.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Yeah. If it moved at all when you plugged it in, it probably calibrated funny.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Optical mouse ?_?

Just keep it clean. Also use a decent/proper surface. If you're using it on the wong surface it isn't going to be able to determine if/where you're moving it all the time ~
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 87
just to clarify, i have tried unplugging the USB mouse and just using the finger touch scrolling or the little nub in the middle of the keyboard and it still moves. HOWEVER, I find that if i hold the little nub while i use the mouse it helps keep it from moving. any other thoughts before i give up and go eat some pie?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Give up and just go eat the pie

... or since its also your the built in mouse, go to

Control -> System -> Harware Tab -> Device Manager -> Mice and other Pointing Devices

check that tab and check for updates. Refresh them as well.
Sig by MacGravel

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Don't eat the pie, give it to me. And I've seen this happen before. It sucks so much especially when playing DotA and other games.

Rep:
Level 87
i worked it out. i don't know why it works now, but I'm just happy it does.

PIE FOR EVERYONE!!!

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
also check your mousemat if its to reflective the mouse will get confused *looks at flourencent green mousemat with the reflective silver stuff*

as for viruses causing it. its unlikely to be anything like that unless the mouse is actualy doing somthing rather than just moving around the screen