RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Politics - What's Bad or Good about it in your part of the world ?

Rep:
Level 88
If people think they're going to die for a crime, they're going to be more hesitant about it.

True about that. But it's not as if the "good guys" always catch the actual "bad guys" anyway - there must be plenty of crimes where the wrong person was executed.

Death penalty should be a rarity. Life in Prison is enough to be hesitant anyway isn't it? Seems like more punishment than death.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Well, multiple murders are pretty hard to get wrongly convicted of, with two good alibis, it would be hard to get thrown in jail of a crime warranting the death penalty.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Well I'm a pessimistic person at heart, but at least the government here doesn't spy on me. (yet)

And holk, humour me, name one good thing about america.

I'm not Holk, but I can find one "good" thing about America in your post. ;8

A "dictatorship" wouldn't let you say shit like that on a regular basis and get away with it, dipshit.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
is this gonna turn into a pointless flame war again  >:(

also politics are how you look at them, in Africa there politicians only want the money and do nothing for the community, and yet we moan when they don't fix a road properly, some people should get there priority's right before moaning about theres

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
* feel free to delete my other post

At the moment due the the 'war' going on everyone seems to be noticing the mistakes the government are making even more, before it was school and test results, so whats the point in changing your argument, especially when there still gonna send/do what they planed?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Wow, ridiculous. Saucy just said to get back on topic. Cleaned out all the off-topic posts. Especially Elegy's. I deleted those with EXTRA FORCE.
:tinysmile:

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
THAT'S not the reason... I didn't even know Elegy was from the USA...
Sure it wasn't, but at the very least you knew it'd be the outcome.

I mean that doesn't sound like America to me... From what Elegy wrote, it sounds like you have it bad...
You believe what Elegy says?

So Gono, get of you high horse, your one of the guys that are complaining about ID going to shite...
This forum has been shit ever since I got here, it's not become better or worse.

That's the people not the Government... this aint a thread for predijuice or racisum...!!!
I was being sarcastic, also many of the typical complaints about America from this forum and others have more to do with people (usually false stereotypes and harsh generalisations) than the government. Hence my post, which was mocking that.

Oh, and I find Elegy's 'typical American' comment to be rather lolarious!
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
I pay attention, which is obviously more than you.

Everything I said is true about a certain country, now wether or not I myself live in this country is another story.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Right, right ;)
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 96
Elegy doesn't even need us to kick him around anymore, he has himself. ;8

Now then, maybe the American government has problems with foreign relations, and dealing with the poor, but for hard working Joe average I'd say it works out pretty well wouldn't you think?

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Heh, America has bad foreign relations. That's an understatement :D

But yeah, Elegy's pretty much putting his foot in his mouth again and again. And this 'I'M NOT FROM AMERICA' 'Where are you from?' 'I'M NOT TELLING.' is getting rather annoying. He's so obviously American.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I think Elegy is from England, or America 2.0.

Rep:
Level 96
   Every country has some pretty serious problems. In all honesty America is no worse off than Europe. I hear people complaining about our governing body all the time, but then I hear the same talk (different points, but still) about the European government. I'd say we're in an equal amount of...stuff people like to complain about, and that at this point it's just a pissing contest.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Arrowone is correct.

Rep:
Level 96
Topic over?

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
I agree, but even though the european governments are for the most part just as bad as the US, they don't have that pathetic obsession with waging war against everyone and everything.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
no we just have pathetic prime ministers thats afraid to do anything without help from the US

Rep:
Level 88
I agree, but even though the european governments are for the most part just as bad as the US, they don't have that pathetic obsession with waging war against everyone and everything.

Quoted for truth. Well I actually can't say about the first part, but the image of the US is pretty much all war, power and hate. Very patriotic.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
ataraxy2 is from Austriallia... It would have been nice to have heard what it's like there... One day, I would like to live out that, way, may be newzeland... Nor sure.

Right...

I am not sure if any of are at the age yet of caring about politic's but soon, when you want to start a life on yor own, I bet you will.

Current affairs at the moment should be giving us loads to talk about... But at the moment all you guys are bothered about is who's better than who...

For a start off you have had ANOTHER gun tardegy in the USA but I have not seen any posts to say "May be the goveremnet is at fault"... (The Governement makes too much from Gun sales to change the laws too much).

It's like here in England, Smoking is slowly being banned or made harder to get fags' IE uping the price etc... But that doesn't solve the issue.

In England we give benefits to pretty much any one, my taxes help those that will never help me in return, I hate the fact we have many takers in our country, that use and abuse the tax system.

Our Petrol over here cost 95p per litre, that's almost £1.00 ($2 per litre)... That's WRONG !!!

Things like this is what I was hop0ing for...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
Racism, it's a constant thing talked/mentioned of yet, right now we at school are being forced to apologise to aboriginals for something we didn't even do and we are getting graded on how much we care. Problem is we don't, we didn't do anything. We can accept things that have happened, that's not hard, but doing this is so unnecessary.

Following the whole racist theme... aboriginals and Torrens Straight Islanders over here get awesome special (and you can actually consider it if you want to be 'racist' - god that word is such a... conundrum) treatment. A few I know of are: low interest rates and free taxi service for any children going to school. Why is it that any people of other races here don't get that...? Again that could be considered racist, hardly solving problems is it?

Looking a while back (not certain how far back), there were floods and I think maybe a hurricane. The price of bananas tripled! How greedy of the government to actually do that, during how ever long that lasted everyone I knew pretty much “boycotted” bananas.

Moving on to something else… you brought up smoking – smoking over here is probably how it is everywhere else. Nice packages with around twenty to fifty ‘deathsticks’, are sold in plenty of stores with fancy brand-names and nice and encouraging messages + pictures like:

• “Healthy Lung, Emphysema” (nice spilt image of two lungs, one healthy and one with Emphysema)
  • “Mouth Cancer” (I remember seeing the accompanying advert for this one, someone speaking with a mouth that looks fucked)
  • “Gangrene” (A nice close up of someone’s rotting foot)
  • “Minor Stroke” (a picture of one side of the brain, bleeding)

All of the pictures/subtitles came with a paragraph of a warning that explained them and pretty much I’d think would put people off buying them. As well as the government selling smokes they are encouraging people to quit, all positive adverts for smoking are banned, prices have been raised (most probably), and Nicotine patches are available to buy.

Not sure if I am right on this but our tax system works similarly to that of England’s (No surprise there really). We pay tax for the usual stuff like… working (income tax – the disgust on my face was hilarious when I was told this), council, and pensioners.

Noticed how you brought up petrol, I think the blame can be shifted easily over to US. Petrol costs around $1.28, which is rapidly increasing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:37:08 PM by ataraxy2 »

Rep:
Level 96
I think the blame can be shifted easily over to US. They can go fuck themselves.

That was a great post until you decided to sling that ball of mud.

Rep:
Level 88
It is an inconvenience yes, but I don't hate US for it. Hmm... think I might as well remove that little bit actually.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Thats the sort of thing I was hoping for... Cheers ataraxy2

Here's a Story. (A true one, happened this time last year, approx)

A Kid from up the road was caught fishing in my back yard, my yard is only 15 meters square, I have a small pond, and this kid is about 8... He had also been picking up my garden gnomes and throwing them at the fish, one of my fish was dead out in the road next to my house (He had caught it and threw it through the air)... I wasn't in when all this started, but came home to find him standing in my pond, with his trainers by the side of the pond, I took him and his trainers to his Mum's house... Knocked on the door and told her, her kid had done at least £800 of damage (plants, Gnomes, Solar lights, Fence pannels, Koi Carp)... Her responce was "Who do you think you are, to come here and lecture me, on where my child can play... There is very little for children his age to play..." I told her I own my own house and don't rent from the council and I am liable to pay the repair costs my-self, and what was she pre-papared to do about it... Her reply was "You just said your liable, so you pay for it, and how dare you try look down your nose at us and flaunt what I you have on my council owned dorr step"... I could see what ever I was going to say would just back fire... So I looked at her, then looked at the trainers in my hand (These things had air bubbles on and all sorts)... And I chucked them on top of her neighbours roof... Her Husband then got called and things nearly came to a fist fight...

Now my Taxes pay for the above family to live as they do, sitting on their arses not giving a Rats Arse what their own Kids are up to !!!...

Rep:
Level 87
He's got my gravity gun...
Also, this thread's destined to become an 'AMERICA SUXX0RZ' thread

Man, you're psychic! :o
You just got Frohwned!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Man, you're psychic!

Not really, most people focus on the bad in their country, and being that most people on here are from the USA it could happen pretty easy...

But it's not like one person yet apart from Elegy, who I think is insane has bother to try and respond and say why... No one yet has said any thing untowards against the USA...