RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request mapping tutorials here.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
This is for RMXP only, as this is the only RPG Maker I use.  This might change if I ever feel like downloading 2k/3, and giving them a shot.

Unsure of how to use a tileset?  Post here, and I'll write up a tutorial.  If you're requesting a custom tileset, please upload the tileset, or place a link to where I can download it. 

Requirements

Use the search feature, make sure there isn't already a tutorial for this.

Give me a general size, if you say "Can you write a cave tutorial?", and I give you something that is much smaller than you want, It's not gonna help anyone.  Even something like a small/medium/large will make it much clearer as to what you want.

If the size doesn't matter state that.

Tutorials I've completed so far:

Some of my work.

Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:41:58 PM by Jalkson »

<3
Rep:
Level 90
This looks great, I'd be making some request via PM (or reply..) later on  ;8

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks, I'll be waiting for it.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
i'd like a mapping tutrial on a forest please.

map should be larger then 40 height and 25 width
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88

Rep:
Level 87
could you make a tut on how to use the Fort/fortress w/e you wanna call it tileset? both exterior and interior would be good if you can manage that. thanks

Rep:
Level 88
Sure thing.

Rep:
Level 87
awesome XD

Rep:
Level 88
Here's the exterior tutorial,  I'll work on the int tomorrow or tonight, if it's still wanted.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16160.0.html
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:47:31 AM by Jalkson »

Rep:
Level 87
yes please, that would be great :)

Rep:
Level 88
Sorry it's taking me so long, I've been busy lately.  I'm doing the tutorial right now.  I'll post it up when I'm done.

Here it is, I hope it's something like what you were picturing.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16253.0.html
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 08:12:35 PM by Jalkson »

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Stuff PMing, I need to post more  ;8

Anyway, I'm using a custom sprite of a Chinese/Japanese looking place, think you can work your way through it? I'll send it over and also, it didn't some with autotiles so I'd like you to find an appropriate RTP one for it  ;8

You up for it?

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88

Rep:
Level 87
can you make a farm town interior tileset? ive tried to use it but i just cant get it right >:(

Rep:
Level 88
Sure. It's very similar to the fort tileset, as in the way you make the walls.  Give me a little while, I'll get something up.

Edit: Here you go.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16532.0.html
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 06:15:37 AM by Jalkson »

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Can you make a tutorial for the Port exterior tileset?
Thanks,
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Rep:
Level 87
...I'M HUNGRY! Food plawks
How about a beach tut? I made a really huge beach surrounded on 2 sides by cliffs and I'm having a hard time filling it in...I want to eliminate as much open space as possible without sacrificing a natural look...the dimensions are 150 X 60...

Rep:
Level 88
I'm starting on the port town exterior now,  I might not finish it today. 

Rep:
Level 87
As he said
Please could I have a large Town tutorial, using the RTP Town tileset, could I have it about 125x80

Rep:
Level 88
Sorry guys, I've been pretty busy lately. 

Please could I have a large Town tutorial, using the RTP Town tileset, could I have it about 125x80

Did you mean the post town?  As in the town where the houses, have the red roofs, and the wood on the front? 

Can you make a tutorial for the Port exterior tileset?
Thanks,

Irockman1 is going to help out, seeing as how I'm getting a few requests at once, and I've been getting busier.  He's making the port town for you, Magic2345. 

How about a beach tut? I made a really huge beach surrounded on 2 sides by cliffs and I'm having a hard time filling it in...I want to eliminate as much open space as possible without sacrificing a natural look...the dimensions are 150 X 60...

The point of this thread is to teach people to use the tilesets, you seem to know that much.  I don't see a point in making a tutorial to show you how to fill out a map, if someone disagrees, let me know. 

Rep:
Level 88

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
The point of this thread is to teach people to use the tilesets, you seem to know that much.  I don't see a point in making a tutorial to show you how to fill out a map, if someone disagrees, let me know. 
I agree. All you really need to do is, as Nouman says, make autotiles your friend. Use as much of it to get the borders. When that's done and over, take some random stuff and place it all around the map. Then take something else and place it all around the map. :) Filling up doesn't take too much effort but you need to know how to do it effectively. Make sure no place looks emptier compared to other places. Also, a beach usually doesn't have many things except like umbrellas and rugs and whatnot.

Rep:
Level 87
As he said
Thanks Jalkson!

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
hey i am just starting to use RMXP and for the life of me i can't figure out how to get more than one tileset for any single map i have been told its possible to get up to 99 at a time

idk this might not be the best place for this question but im sure u can help me
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:23:57 PM by Sabre_of_Pain »
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
please post individual questions in a new topic.

also it is impossible to use multiple tilesets by default. You can find a tileset fuse (more then 1 tileset attached together.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
I am Hitler's sidekick.
Can someone please give me a tutorial on making a forest...mine always turns out...for lack of a better word BLECH! (horrible). A tutorial, no matter how small, would help, I use the dark woods spriteset.

Rep:
Level 88
Here's a link to a forest tutorial I made for someone else.  It should give you a pretty good idea on making a forest.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16142.0.html

Rep:
Level 87
are you ever gonna finish the port tut? that would be a good one to have

Rep:
Level 87
I am Hitler's sidekick.
I can't use that one because I want a dark forest...like haunted almost....so yeah....big difference.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That is a haunted forest... The fog. That's where the "haunted" comes in.

Rep:
Level 88
If you'd like you can add a bit of a dark tint to it also, to make it look like it's night.

Spoiler for:

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
hey can you make a tutorial of a tower extirion and interion please thanks
sometimes my GirlFriend may play with my acccount

Rep:
Level 87
I am Hitler's sidekick.
Wow danny that's a great idea...I'd also love to see an inner and outer tower tutorial.

Rep:
Level 87
...I'M HUNGRY! Food plawks
How about a large mansion mapping tut? say, 2 floors, 100 x 100 or 125 x 75.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm going to lock this topic until I can get some time to do these tutorials.  I'll reopen it when I post them.