RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is your Windows for realz?

Poll

Is your Windows for realz?

Ye
12 (70.6%)
Na
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I've been wondering, who among us has an authentic, store-bought (or computer-shipped) copy of Windows installed on their PC, and who has a pirated version of some sort?

I remember a while back trying to install IE7. Apparently I have to validate Windows to install it. I saged that and downloaded a pirated standalone IE7 to install on my pirated Windows XP Pro so I could test layouts and stuff in it.

But at the same time I feel: most computers ship with Windows XP, even if it is Home edition. Mine did. I had to pirate XP Pro for two reasons: to install IIS and to join Domains. (Actually, does Windows XP Pro have any useful features besides this?) In a way I feel I don't really owe MS that much because I already own their software, but in a crippled form.

I also like how even if you do have a valid copy of XP, after about 3 activations online, you can't activate your installation of the OS anymore. At that point you have to call MS and explain your situation. This is retarded, since quite a few people I know of format C:\ five to ten times a year for various reasons.

Anyways. Discuss.
bringing sexy back

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Pure authentic Windows on my computer ;D My laptop came with Home Edition and then the guy who helped us set up our wireless internet also installed Microsoft Office for me (which takes up like 400mb). He was the best guy we had working on my laptop, the other guy was crap.

~Winged

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Mines real.  :tpg: that's good money that could have been spent on decent parts.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I have 'bought' and downloaded my version through Microsoft.
I got both an authentic Windows XP Pro and and an authentic Windows Vista Business.
I made sure my computer came without Windows. Why pay for a new one when you already got an authentic version?

I also like how even if you do have a valid copy of XP, after about 3 activations online, you can't activate your installation of the OS anymore. At that point you have to call MS and explain your situation. This is retarded, since quite a few people I know of format C:\ five to ten times a year for various reasons.

I didn't have happen to me =O
Then again... I probably have a special version XP Pro.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
My dad gets free software from the UMD (University of Maryland). Free-ish Windows XP ftw! :D

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Nope, lol, one day I borrowed the XP re-installation disc from my friend, installed all the crap and updates. Then one update said to validate so I looked for a you know what and put it in. But when SP2 update came out and I dled I had to revalidate. I tried everything and nothing worked. So I devised a plan. I know that at night, if you call support you are transfered to some representitive in India. Since they are so humble, I waited till night, gave them a bad key and a false excuse/problem, and they said "well seeing as how you have a key I will just get you a new one."

So I have been living a good life one my free xp comp. But I can say that I could have payed the same money I used to custum build my computer to buy a cheaper model that came with it. So I win BILL GATES!! Mwahahaha... sorry lost control for a second there.
Sig by MacGravel

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. You are a genius. Also, congratz on Extra Access! W00t!

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
LOL, I didnt even notice. Thanx
Sig by MacGravel

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Tell me what's in there, because noone will tell me. XD And you are a pretty cool guy and I believes you deserves it. As far as I've seen.... Anyways, you're pretty smart, outsmarting Bill Gates's system.

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
My dad said it was a clever idea. I feel sorry for taking advantage of the people who helped me... they could get fired.

Anyways, yeah sure I'll tell you... unless Im not suppose to... and if I do tell you... then I will just have to kill you!

lol
Sig by MacGravel

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Mines stolen, I do it to make a statement more then the $$$. Fuck Microsoft

pokeball FBIOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
I've reported all you thieves to my superiors. Expect proper action against you very soon.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Mine Comes up none genuine at the start and I have to wait for 5 sec's... I got my HD from a Computer Fair pre-configured, I just didn't remove XP...LOL

I have been playing with it and made it look like Windows Vista...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Just because everyone tell me that I'll make an excellent thief doesn't mean that I am a thief !_!

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Mines for real

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. Just noticed. My computer and the software it runs on (Windows XP) was both from my dad's work. Take that, FBI!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Mine is for reals.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Nope, and I also set up my own wireless internet.

Let's put it this way: I've had XP since before most of the USA got it. Since before it hit stores.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Let's put it this way: I've had XP since before most of the USA got it. Since before it hit stores.

torrents?  :bean:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Mine came with my computer.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

No, my brothers got a hold of a copy. Pirated of course...  :bean:

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I found a registry file that mkaes it "genuine", so yeah, genuine unless you take away the patch ;8

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Mine, I have the CD that my brothers got it off o sitting in my rooms...  :bean: :bean:

GOsh, I love my brothers. I also have about 3000$ worth of stuff on this computer..but I have to uninstall some of it to make room. Or just buy a new Hard Drive. Although, my dad promised to get me one....  :P He never said when though....   :'(

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

No, my brothers got a hold of a copy. Pirated of course...  :bean:
Pirated? JUST LIKE THAT AVATAR??!?!?!?! Lol. Anyways, I never knew people stole from Microsoft. Never thought about it. :P

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
When your company is based off of a open source program... anything can happen.
Sig by MacGravel