RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cr8's-A Minigame Demo!!!

Rep:
Level 90
before I say anything Cr8's means Crates.

This is just a mini game I decided to make because I was bored, I also only just, by accident, found out something new with events, thats another reason why I decided to make it.

The objective of the game is to push crates onto Triggers in the ground, however the crate must be the same colour as the trigger. Thats pretty much it, but it is not going to be as easy as that. In futre levels there are going to be difficult puzzles. If you mess up by getting a crate stuck you can hit the A key to reset them, but keep in mind that takes up one of your 4 precious chances.
The demo so far features a Tutorial and 2 Levels in the game (Very easy ones too)

Also if you wish to play the levels again it is recommended that you close the game and load it up again, if you dont all the levels will already be done for you. If for some reason saving is enabled (I did set it to disabled) then dont save it!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YJ5696BC
Try that!

Rep:
Level 91
this one sounds alot like zeriab's mini game Oo
only he did it with rocks...
meh i'll dl it but it better be harder than zeriab's :P
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 89
Doesn't work, downloading doesn't start :/
megaupload says: The link you have followed doesn't exist.
Anyone else has this prob?
Started RPG making once again!

I got this mensage too..  :O_o:

Rep:
Level 90
Wierd, I'll try uploading again.
Also blue this is gonna be much better than zeriabs, it is gonna be longer, harder (The levels on there at the mo are easy) and look better.

Dont dowloand now peeps! I'll just try uploading again!

Rep:
Level 90
Ok, try this!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YJ5696BC

(Sorry bout the double post, couldn't edit)

Now i download it...
It seems cool  :D

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks, no offense Zeriab but yours was a bit shabby. Only 4 example levels?

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: thatsmypie
Thanks, no offense Zeriab but yours was a bit shabby. Only 4 example levels?

zeriab didn't make it as a game, just as a sort of a tutorial to show this is a possibility (just like my train rails and bat hunter, they just show the possibility no real effort)
dling it now.

edit: too easy.. far too easy .. sorta made me disappointed
though it looked good so nice work on puting shiny colors
holy shit my sig was big!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
blueXx is exactly right. I did make mine as model you could easily implement into your own game.
I created mine on a lower level so there was no need to make it all fancy, though I might should have made the transitions between on button, off button more fancy.

There's 1 major difference between my minigame and yours.
In your minigame a crate must be pushed onto a button of the right color, where as which button which stone is put on doesn't matter in my minigame.

It's nice the way you made yours look fancy, but I don't like the shallow water on the second level, because it may be confusing if you have to push crates through the shallow water.
I think it's important to make the passable regions very visible, especially places where you must push a crate to to solve the level.
This is not important in regions where you don't expect crates to come.

I may written stone one place and crate another. By stone or crate I mean a pushable object.

Side-note: I just find a old dos-game I've made a long time ago exactly like my minigame. I could convert the levels in it to my RMXP-version if you want.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
very good keep it up

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks, however blue, they are only the first 2 levels, and tutorial levels, When you start getting to level 5 and beond things should get more difficult.

Also zeriab I didn't realise it was a tut. soz.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
It's alright. I thought yours was a tut + model like mine until I noticed Game.rgssad. :roll:

Anyway I've been playing it and despite receiving errors = breakdown at the start of the tutorial and after having completed level 2, I have some comments. (I have the legal version installed, I might play it later on my laptop where Postality Knights is present)

1: When using a chance the hero should be teleported back to the starting position.
It doesn't really matter much in the two levels, but later you might get stuck.

2: When using the move-command in a crate remember to check the ignore if impossible move or something like that (I can't remember).
Not doing this can cause crates to mysteriously move when the shouldn't move, why?
Let's say you push a crate into a wall, nothing happens.
The crate will still try to move away from the hero, but can't as the tile it wants to move to is impassable.
When you move your hero the crate might try to move away from the hero by the means of another tile. Is this tile passable the crate will move. Time does not matter in this matter.
Checking that box will make the crate go like... Can I move to this tile?
Yes

Rep:
Level 90
AH! Thank you Zerab! I have been wondering how to stop the crates from doing that, also I will make it so the hero is teleported to the start of the level! Thanks a lot!