RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dark Super Mario Brothers

Poll

Who should be an optional boss?

Giga Bowser
Mr.Bowser
Mr.Gibe
Sonic
Other

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Convert to Maskology or I'll throw orphans at you!
Dark Super Mario Brothers

In a world constantly living in fear and darkness under the shadow of the Koopa Empire, only two brothers can stop them.  Mario and Luigi set out to rescue the princess before the Mushroom Kingdom falls to Lord Bowser, ninja style!

Mario about to bust a Goomba's head open.

Gameplay
Spoiler for:
Just a basic platforming fighting game

Playable Characters
Spoiler for:
The Mario Brothers lived in Manhattan, Mario, as a body guard, and Luigi as a graduate ready to be a doctor.  When breaking up with Pauline, Mr.Bowser's daught, he corrupted the mayor into make Mario lose his job.  Mr.Bowse, wasn't done after that,, as he sent thugs to capture Luigi just to lure Mario.  When he arrived, Mr.Bowser fought Mario himself, and was victorious and killed him, and his brother after words.  Both of their bodies were dumped into the sewage and then...

Name:Mario
Style:Ninjitsu combined with his personal techniques.
Gameplay:Mario is the only real playable character in the game, as he comes with his fist and hammers, will will leave every battle covered in someone else's blood.

Name:Luigi
Style:Sniping
Gameplay:Luigi does not fight much, as he stay in the back, you click to make him shoot the enemy.

Note:Luigi doesn't help in every battle.

Other Characters
Spoiler for:
Name:Princess Peach
Storyline:She is the heir to the Mushroom Kingdom, and has been kidnapped by Lord Bowser himself.

Name:Mario's Master
Style:Ninjitsu
Storyline:He trained Mario to twelve years.

Name:Mr.Gibe
Style:Triple Barreled Shotgun and Blood Demons.
Storyline:He is seen in Mario's flash back of Manhattan, but not much is reveled about him, but mabey in another game...

Villains
Spoiler for:
Name:Lord Bowser
Fight: Final Boss
Style:Forbidden Techniques
Storyline:He's kidnapped the heir to the Mushroom Kingdom, and now plans to kill her to take over her country.  He also has a strange resemblance to Mr.Bowser.
Death:To be revealed...

Name:Mr.Bowser
Style:Boxing
Storyline:He's the biggest crime lord in the world.  He killed Mario and Luigi years ago.

Name:Goomba King
Fight:1st Boss
Style:Fencing
Storyline:He is the shogun of the Goombas.
Death:He has is heart ripped out and stuffed down his throat.

Name:Master Thwomp
Fight:2nd Boss
Style:Brass Knuckles
Storyline:He's the leader of a group of barbarians, and will kill anyone if payed properly.
Death:He is kicked down, and then crushed by Mario's hammer.

Name:Wario and Waluigi
Fight:3rd Boss
Style:Chains and Daggers
Storyline:They are rivals of Mario and Luigi and wish for revenge for their defeat a year ago.
Wario's Death:He is shot in the head and then decapitated by Mario's own hands.
Waluigi's Death:Mario grabs his head and splits him in half with it.

Name:General Bob-Bomb
Fight:4th Boss
Style:Bombs
Storyline:She commands the Bob-Bombs, suicide bombers willing to die for any cause.
Death:Mario takes her cigarette and blows her into little chunks with her own bombs.

Name:King Boo
Fight:5th Boss
Storyline:He leads the Boos, and doesn't approve of any intruders in his mansion.
Death:He gets his legs ripped of and then get his head crushed by Mario's Hammer.

Name:General Shyguy
Fight:6th Boss
Style:Military Support
Storyline:He commands an army of specially trained super soldiers called shyguys.
Death:He is shot multiple times and then kicked in half.

Name:Petey Piranha
Fight:8th Boss
Style:Plant Growth
Storyline:He has control over all plants, and is Bowser's strongest bodyguard.
Death:Mario grabs his hair and decapitates him.

Enemies
Spoiler for:
Name:Goombas

Name:Koopa Troopas
Style:Military Combat

Name:Magikoopas
Style:Sniping

Name:Shyguys
Style:Military Combat

Name:Twomps
Style:Brass Knuckles

Name:Bob-Bombs
Style:Suicide Bombing

Name:Piranha
Style:Giant Plant Monsters

Name:Wigglers
Style:Man Eating Monsters
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 02:37:17 AM by The Masked Loser »
Why Mario kicks ass:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
...Is this a joke..?

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Convert to Maskology or I'll throw orphans at you!
Why Mario kicks ass:

Rep:
Level 96
Well then, you've got your work cut out for you, and I'll leave it at that.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
all i can say is ..... wow ..... good luck...

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I look forward to this. nice idea! best of luck ta ya.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

<3
Rep:
Level 90
For some weird reason, I actually want to play this. I'm normally an RPG person but this looks alright, however I'd rather play it on my Super Nintendo :snes:, no offense though, I mean I get to use a controller and everything else but this still looks great.

~Winged

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Giga Bowser for an optional boss, just make a part where Mario can fight him or someone else can

Rep:
Level 87
i say dont make him optional, but you have to fight him after bowser
Laugh untill we cry,
Dance untill we die.

Rep:
Level 96
Topic has been dead for quite some time my friends. If the original poster has an update, he can PM me, but for now it's locked.