RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hallsung (*LINK BROKEN*)

Rep:
Level 87
 ;8I finished it finally please go easy on me this is my first game and i never even thought of making a game before i saw this browsing a site and thought it looked cool ;8
Maps:30 :)

Short Summary of story....
A young Boy named Alucard Has heard that the world is a planet that is about to be taken over by a Evil angel named Saraphim.He must overcome monsters of all kind and find ways to get passed these monsters and end Saraphims plans to take over the world... ;8

I worked hard on this game i hope you like it

P.S. tell me if theres a problem in the download link ill try to fix it.

Oops messed up a little in the game...
here you go.

If you have downloaded please delete and download this

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sigl63

Hope this one works(crosses fingers)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 04:15:49 PM by modern algebra »
You think so?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
it seems you only used layer one? is that right?

I will download when I get a change to play it.  ;D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Hey Nouman I hope you like it.
You think so?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
You had uploaded the game the wrong way. xD

To make the game in RPG maker click FILE and "compress game data" and upload the file it makes

Rep:
Level 87
K thanks ill try i compressed it so ill modify my post
You think so?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This is... umm... well umm..., it needs some work.

You need some serious mapping help. You need to use layers, for one. Read a few tutorials, and you should get a handle on it. At least it's finished, and that's a lot more than you can say for the vast majority of games on the forum. I'd say you should make this v. 0.2, and you should go learn how to map and then come back and redo them all.

I'm sorry if this is an unpleasant post, but look at some of the other games on the forum, like Memento Vivere, Forlorn Manor or Outlaw City. These are all great games, and I don't expect you to match their quality right away, but it might give you an idea of what can be done with the program. That being said, it is your first game, and you are new to RM, so at least this game shows you are willing to work on a game to its completion, and perseverance is one of the most important things with RM. You just need to learn how to use the program more effectively.

Good luck.

Rep:
Level 87
(sigh) back to the drawing board. ;9  ;D
You think so?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no no, no one is PERFECT the first time around. instead of making a game practice using rpg maker first.

you took game off? I can't download it

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Aye. I take that you just recently found RMXP. There's always a first for everyone, you'll improve. Try reading some tutorials here, especially that intro to RMXP tutorial in the Tutorial Database subforum somewhere. A lot of useful stuff. Also, mapping tutorials are pretty handy for beginners. :) Good first attempt anyhow!

Rep:
Level 87
Ok im reading some tutorials to try to make a new game im working on it today.  :D
You think so?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Glad to hear it man. Dont give up just because it didnt turn out exactly like you wanted it to.

Hope to see some updates soon!
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
K ummmmm i think im on my 13th day for my trial but im trying hard.  ;8
You think so?

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
You have the legal version right?

Well good luck with that trying to beat the clock thing lol. You should try PK if you dont want to buy the legal version.
Sig by MacGravel

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
we need link fixed xD

Rep:
Level 87
AHHHHH CRAP I FERGOT BOUT DA LINK :lol:
You think so?

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Lol, those are the same links.

Crap, I forgot, incompatability between both verions. Time to use the legal one, lol
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sigl63

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm so stupid!
You think so?

Rep:
Level 87
Uhhhhhh i forgot when i test played it it was HARD H-A-R-D HARD!!!! ;8
You think so?

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Hallsung Bugs

• You start off with no weapons or there is no where to get one
  • 2 players(Basil and Hilda) seem as though you forgot to remove them
  • All enemies are easily escapable
  • (As metioned before) Mapping shows the black layer from layer 1
  • Some NPC's that have questions repeat even after accepted their request(Ie: the fisherman near beginning and and all the way at the bottom of the map as well as in the town, the girl asks to join your party over and over again
  • Random encounters are way to frequent

will keep you updated
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
Dang i didnt relize that sorry :'(
You think so?

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
The NPC's can easily be fixed by adding a Self Switch A = On at the bottom of all the ones that ask to give you an item, ask if they should fish Events. Then Add a 2nd page, proconditions Self Switch A = On, set the graphics to match their appropriate person, trigger Action Button, and a message to say after the previous event.

For the girl that wants to join, add the self switch a = on in the section of the conditional branch says yes, then second page should have Preconditions Self Switch A = On, graphic is blank, trigger parallel process, event should just be end event.

If any of this is confusing just say so and I will condense it for you.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
  :lol:ITS CONFUSING :lol:

:bean:
You think so?

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
For the fishermen and any other NPCs(Non Playable Characters) that ask you if you want a free potion or ask you if they should do something(IE: the fisherman from the first map that asks you if he should go fishing)

1st Page
(Graphics)- Whichever you had chosen
(Trigger)- Action Key
(Movement)- (What ever you want)
(Event)- Message-(What ever)
           Conditional Branch(Yes,No)                  ///This can be changed to what ever you want it to be
           Condition-Yes
           Message- (What ever)
           Self Switch/Local Switch A = On
           Condition-No
           Message- (What ever)

2nd Page
(Precondition) Self Switch/Local Switch A = On
(Graphics)- Same as the one you used in the 1st Page
(Trigger)- Action Key
(Movement)- (Whatever you want)
(Event)- Message- (What ever)

For people who ask to join your party IE: the girl in the town

1st Page
(Graphics)- Whichever you had chosen
(Trigger)- Action Key
(Movement)- (What ever you want)
(Event)- Message-(Can I join your party)<-Change to what you want it to say
           Conditional Branch(Yes,No)<-This can be changed to what ever you want it to be
           Condition-Yes   
           Message- (What ever) <-Can be changed
           Self Switch/Local Switch A = On
           Condition-No   
           Message- (What ever)  <-Can be changed

2nd Page
(Precondition) Self Switch/Local Switch A = On
(Graphics)- Same as the one you used in the 1st Page
(Trigger)- Auto Start (Parallel Process if you have any other events running)
(Movement)- (Whatever you want)
(Event)-  Add Party Member-(Name)
             (CAN ADD ANYTHING YOU WANT)
              End Event
              Message- (Name) joined your party  <-I usually add this, just to make it unique
The end event is there so that after someone joins your party that event/person you were talking to dissapears and into your party

Hope that clears it up, if you get any errors or questions just ask

EDIT: Here is a basic Tutorial telling you what the Party and Item Changer do (as you asked)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:44:32 PM by ChaosSpartan28 »
Sig by MacGravel