RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tales of Sakura [PAUSED PROJECT]

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
Spoiler for Edits (read often):
  • The project gets started! - 2007-04-18
  • Introductions-section added! You can read it right under the edits. - 2007-04-18
  • The news-section was added! You will now be able to read more detailed info about our news. Just go to the news-section shortly under this. - 2007-04-18
  • I changed the name of the news-section to "latest news" and added the new news archive! - 2007-04-18
  • Mapping started! - 2007-04-21
  • Recruitment-section added! - 2007-04-21
  • News Archive, a change of system... - 2007-04-21
  • New team members? - 2007-04-21
  • Mexneto joined the team! - 2007-04-24
  • 'Yami no Sakura' becomes 'Tales of Sakura'! - 2007-04-25
  • From now on, during the day, I will be adding... - 2007-04-25
  • Game officially gets the title "PAUSED PROJECT"... - 2007-05-19after almost a month of inactivity

Hi! I'm putting the creation of Pokémon Olivine Version on hold for a while (because of an error in the game that, btw, soon will be fixed) and decided to start creating a game with the original tilesets that's already in RMXP when you start it. More, however, will be written in the history section when added - enjoy!

Spoiler for Latest News:
Way to go! You found the news section! xP
 However, here you will be able to read more detailed information about all news of this game as new characters added, new maps and even new teamworkers!
(Here I will post only the three latest news where the latest is at the top. The older ones go to the News Archive.)

• Game officially gets the title "PAUSED PROJECT"... - 2007-05-19
 -After almost a month of inactivity I add the title "PAUSED PROJECT" to the topic title as the project for now is, well, paused. Don't worry, though, I'm going to continue with the game when I got less homework, more time and, probably, summer vacation. But, the vacation starts the 12th of next month, so it's not too long till that!

• From now on, during the day, I will be adding... - 2007-04-25
 -From now on, during the day, I will be adding new sections to make this topic more detailed about the game. First off I will create a Character and a Story-section and later I will continue with Screenshots and maybe even some concept art! Hold on - it won't be done before tonight (according to my time)!!

• 'Yami no Sakura' becomes 'Tales of Sakura'! - 2007-04-25
 -Well as I think you at least should know just by reading the title is that Yami no Sakura now has become Tales of Sakura! Is it a bad idea? You think Yami no Sakura sounded better? Well, well... Even Tales of Sakura is a working title so it's not fully decided yet. Got any better title ideas? Just send me a PM or reply to this post!

Spoiler for News Archive:
Now, here is the News Archive where you can read all older news. (Here I will post all news that has been moved from the "Latest News" to the News Archive. In this section I will post the oldest news at the top.)

• The project gets started! - 2007-04-18
 -It's now the 18th of April, 2007 and I have started up a new game that I will be making with the regular tilesets and stuff. Observe that the playable characters might be a little bit modded before they actually go in the game... But otherwise pretty much everything will be made by original stuff in RMXP!

• Introductions-section added! You can read it right under the edits. - 2007-04-18
 -The message you can read just above this section is the introductions message! =D
 You can reada little explanation about the game and the latest news in it and ti will be edited time by time.

• The news-section was added! You will now be able to read more detailed info about our news. Just go to the news-section shortly under this. - 2007-04-18
 -Yes, exactly. This is the news-section that you are looking at! Here we will be giving a more detailed version of every news you can see in the "edits"-section at the top of this topic.

• I changed the name of the news-section to "latest news" and added the new news archive! - 2007-04-18
 -Yes I did! Now you will find up to the 5 (or maybe 3 or 10) latest news in this section. The older ones go to the "News Archive"-section just below this one. Now this is the fourth news to this game so there isn't any news moved from here to the archive yet but soon...

• Mapping started! - 2007-04-21
 -Yes, I guess there's no meaning in trying to explain this as I think you should know by yourself... Well, however, I can say this: I have started mapping the forest where you will start the game, I won't work too much on this until I get a few working on the team (look in the coming "recruitment"-section soon) but I will work a little bit now and then. Otherwise there won't be no progress, right?

• Recruitment-section added! - 2007-04-21
 -Now the recruitment-section is added and you can seek a spot in the creating team! Check there for more information on how to do when seeking a spot in the team! Good luck getting the job!

• News Archive, a change of system... - 2007-04-21
 -Now the News Archive have been filled with a few news. Although I think it looks too much with five news in the Latest News section so I decided to either change it so that the news from today (and maybe yesterday) will be shown or so that only the three latest news will be seen here. For now, I think I'll go with just three news in this section - if you think I should use the other system, just post a reply!

• New team members? - 2007-04-21
 -Unfortunately no...! But hey, at least I added the team -section! ;8

• Mexneto joined the team! - 2007-04-24
 -My good friend, Mexneto just joined the team as a mapper and storywriter. From now on he and I will start planning the story and plot for the game - hold on!

Spoiler for Story:
Eons ago, a thief named Keimaru was forced to fight for his village, family and friends... Yes, even the entire world. Keimaru trained during his journey and finally fought with Kesshômaru. The battle was long and rough and in the end, they were both so half-dead that nobody won that battle. Instead, Kesshômaru died and world peace got restored and everyone was happy. Although... Something that bothered the entire world of Dar Kruth - the one, now known as 'Hero of Sakura', was killed. He died in the bloody battle between him and Kesshômaru, and everyone knew that. They knew that Keimaru had fought with the source of evil and sacrificing his own body and life so that Dar Kruth could live on. Live on with full world peace...

Now, the time has come... The time for a new hero. A new hero to find the power of Sakura and save the world of Dar Kruth. The time has come... This is the Tales of Sakura!

In a little town called Wynona Village in Dar Kruth there once lived two twins who had no family or friends. They barely even had a home. These two, Seimaru and Seihime, lived so poorely that they had to lower themself by stealing from other poor, travellers and the local shop etc... However, when these two were out living in a tent in the forest outside of Wynona Village, due to the fact that their house got too ruined to live in, in the late night they heard screaming from the village. When they got there to see what had happened, the entire village had been burned down to the ground! And also, when they got back to the campsite, it had been ruined, as well. Now Seimaru and Seihime starts travelling through the world of Dar Kruth - first to find a new home where they could live in peace, second because the journey to find the power of Sakura. This is where the Tales of Sakura actually begin!

Spoiler for Characters:

Seimaru, male
Main Character
Family: None, except for his twinsister - Seihime.
Personality: Seimaru is a nice fellow who always helps his friends and family out (well, he doesn't have any of that, but still... He would if he could!) when needed and he's always a delight to talk to. Although, Seimaru is a bit too talkative at times which bother, not so many but his own twinsister, Seihime.
 When Seimaru gets a chance he always tries to show off, even though he actually just want someone to acknowledge him (which, btw, may be a bit harder for him by showing off so much...).
Background: Seimaru and his twinsister, Seihime, are both orphants and, as from the beginning of the game, homeless. After that happened in Wynona Village - their former hometown - they have been travelling through the entire world of Dar Kruth...
Playable: Yes - you choose between Seimaru and Seihime in the beginning of the game.

Seihime, female
Main Character
Family: None, except for her twinbrother - Seimaru.
Personality: Seihime is very beutiful and has nice curves - every guy, almost, follows her and want to do stuff to her (poor, Seihime...  :'(). She is also very brutal and and can kill people just by looking at them - on the outside, that is. On the inside she is very, very sweet and always want to help... It's just when she gets a little mad... I better warn you before getting her even a tiny portion of annoyed - she will kill you! RUN FOR YOU LIFE!!
Background: Seihime and his twinbrother, Seimaru, are both orphants and, as from the beginning of the game, homeless. After that happened in Wynona Village - their former hometown - they have been travelling through the entire world of Dar Kruth...
Playable: Yes - you choose between Seihime and Seimaru in the beginning of the game.

Spoiler for Recruitment:
As any other game we, of course, search workers. Scripters, mappers and storywriters etc... Here is a description on how you can seek a spot in the team! :D

1. Choose a position (mapper, storywriter, scripter, resourcer, spriter...)
2. Come with an explanation on why you want the spot and why, do you think, you are the right person. for the spot.
3. Put all of this in a new PM.
4. Attach an example of your work. For example, if you want the position of a map you will need to attach a map that you have done - all by yourself. That goes for every work you may do for this game - it has to be totally made by just you.
5. Send the PM to me, Kesshomaru as soon as possible.

Tip: Don't forget to highlight the entire PM and use Ctrl+C (or, simply enough, just right-click the highlighted area and select 'Copy'). Often when you right in a forum, if it take too long, an error is most likely to appear. Although, if you have copied the PM there is nothing to worry about - just press Ctrl+V (or right-click and select 'Paste') and the text will be back and ready to go out!

Spoiler for Team:

Kesshomaru - Executive, all-in-all.
Mexneto - Mapper, storywriter.

Interested in joining? Just look up the Recruitment-section for more info!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:39:54 PM by Kesshomaru »

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

<3
Rep:
Level 90
So "no" in Japanese means "of the"? Wow, I thought it was just "the", dang my Japanese sucks  ;8

Anyway...I can't say much apart from the fact you have a Japanese name... you have a Japanese name

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
You're japanese sucks? Haha, good ... cause I was thinking of making an Kesshomaru's Japanese school too, as I did the HTML schools... (which are luike dead right now, btw...)

I mean... No can mean different things:

Watashi means I and no namae (namae means name) would therefor make Watashi no namae be My name. Like in: Watashi no namae wa Kesshômaru desu. (My name is Kesshômaru.)

It cvould also mean liek "of the"... Like in Naruto: Sabaku no Gaara means kind of like "Gaara of the Desert" while in direct translation  it means "Desert's Gaara."

So this was like a preview... what do you think?

Rep:
Level 88
so... now I added the recruitment section and, well of course, I would like many seekers :P

as You can see in the new team-section we're a little short on crew members (actually... it's just me ^^' ) so SEEK :D

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
If i had time, I would ask for the position as mapper, but i don't have any time at all.

Much school things, examen and stuff like that.

Mapping Is my ambition.

Rep:
Level 88
Mapping Is my ambition.

then tell me when you are ready :D you can work then :D I could write you up now already but...? you think about it!

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I will think about it. But i just cancelled my position as a mapper on my friends game, because of a special reason, so it would take time before I work for anyone again.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
You're japanese sucks? Haha, good ... cause I was thinking of making an Kesshomaru's Japanese school too, as I did the HTML schools... (which are luike dead right now, btw...)

I mean... No can mean different things:

Watashi means I and no namae (namae means name) would therefor make Watashi no namae be My name. Like in: Watashi no namae wa Kesshômaru desu. (My name is Kesshômaru.)

It cvould also mean liek "of the"... Like in Naruto: Sabaku no Gaara means kind of like "Gaara of the Desert" while in direct translation  it means "Desert's Gaara."

So this was like a preview... what do you think?

OMG, that was awesome! Oh great one, please be my sensei (EI or IE?)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
please be my sensei (EI or IE?)

sure, why not! ;P

oh btw... it spells sensei (in romaji, that is) but sounds like sensee! ^^

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Hai Sensee! Errm...Neko Kawaii??  (God I suck  :tpg:)

EDIT: Winged no baka (Winged of the idiot)

~Winged
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:53:40 AM by Winged »

Rep:
Level 88
first I will correct what you just said... as the typing actually is sensei, please write that in stead of how it sounds (sensee, that is)

neko kawaii? You were going for the sentence cute cat, right? (I mean, neko means cat and kawaii means cute so what else coudl it be...) but how do you want it to be: you want it to be "the cat is cute" or "a cute cat"? I can tell you right from the start that the first option (that is, the cat is cute) I would say "Neko wa kawaii desu"

the second I will tell you is... don't write about this stuff in this topic... I would liek this to center the most about my latest game, Sakura no Yami, and not be filled with loads and loads of off-topic replies... If you wonder something then PM me or check in the KESSHOMARU SCHOOLS that you can see a link to the library in my signature! (Note: the japanese schools haven't been made yet and the HTML schools are unfinished)

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Whoops, sorry, I was just feeling that you needed a few bumps here and there. Anyway, hows you're game coming along? Are there any screens you wanna share? *hint hint *  ;8

I really want to give brutal comm-..I mean constructive comments about your game.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
I haven't really begun so much mapping yet (although I have made two-three maps) as I'm still searching team members...

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I you ever need some MINOR Eventing help you can always ask me but I doubt you need help with that...

~Winged

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Hehehehee.....you two seem like two pieces of bread. One with Peanut Butter, and the Other with Jelly. (Hopefully that's Blue/Black Berrie, or grape)

Anyway, please post some screenies and some character info....  :bean:

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Erm, whats that supposed to mean?  :o

Seriously, I have no idea what you mean  ;8 (Yay, 801 posts, 199 to go)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
say hello to Mexneto who just joined the team! Mexneto will, together with me, now start planning the story adn plot! Exciting? Not really... But just so you know - we will start planning now! ;8
 And also... soon I will be adding some screenshots!

~Kesshomaru :bean:

Rep:
Level 88
Hi! I have now decided to change the name of this project. The new name will be, instead of Yami no Sakura - Sakura of the Dark, Tales of Sakura! Read more about it in the news section!

Rep:
Level 88
So there... I decided to add a few new sections to make the topic look more proffesional and to give more detailed information about the game! ;8
 First off is the Story section which I have just finished - check it out!
And don't worry... More will come during the day! (When more comes I will tell in a new reply so that you will be notified! :lol:)

Rep:
Level 88
Now I'm done with the Character-section, too! I have, for now, only added the info about Seimaru and Seihime - the main characters - but don't worry. Don't worry at all - I will add more sooner, when I'm done with some other stuff... ;8

PS! I'm sorry to use the frases 'don't worry', 'be calm', 'hang in there' and 'hold on'... I just don't know what to say! xP