RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK in trouble?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Is that for real?

I don't think this board is doing badly, I think rmrk.net is up there.

3,367 I don't know if that's alot, but every time I log on, there is usually another member joined. And the amount of posts most people have is pretty high for old members, and nouman isn't that old, and he has a very very high post count.

I'd say you're one of the best of the newer members, not that I'd say you're new anymore. I thought you were kind of annoying at first; you're not so bad actually, after you went through your adjustment period.

Of course, you have to remember we don't have 3,367 ACTIVE members, but for an RPG Maker-based community (or what started out as that), this is one of the larger and more active forums. Hell, I've been a member on forums with almost 10,000 total members, and we get almost the same amount of posts per day that they do. And Nouman has the highest amount of (real) posts.
:tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wow....

I thought Nouman had a high post rate, but not that high.

Likewise.
I've been a member on a forum that had not even close to as many posts rmrk has and yet they have more members.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

Is that for real?

Its for real. You're a good person.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Wow....

I thought Nouman had a high post rate, but not that high.

xD yeah it's high up. and also I back what halo said about you. your a cool person =D just we what need is more people like you.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
agreed. I like your jokes  ;)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
OH MY GOD, YOU'RE THE FIRST TO HIT 5000 POSTS (legitimately). YOU NEED TO GO OUTSIDE MORE.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
OH MY GOD, YOU'RE THE FIRST TO HIT 5000 POSTS (legitimately). YOU NEED TO GO OUTSIDE MORE.

on a b-ball team...i'm actaully off quite constantlly xD
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
then you...wait...wtf?

Wow, you must browse like light then..sheesh.

Grats Noum.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Cool! Nouman is the first member to hit 5,003 posts? Wow....
I think as long as nouman is here, rmrk.net won't die....

Anyway, this has turned into a support group for me? I feel like a feminist. Shouldn't this topic get back on topic?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
No!

Those damn men have ruined our lives!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
What is going on in RMRK that established members are now jumping ship? Here are some problems that I see:

1) Too few members.

There just aren't enough members to keep the forum alive. It's the same few members in the General forum and it gets old.

2) Too many mods, too few rules.

The number of mods here is wildly disproportionate to the number and activity of the users here, and they are given free reign to lock, unlock, move, and delete anything they like. Second-guessing is common and the only real rule on RMRK is "Be a suck-up". This leads to problem #3:

3) Sycophants and groupthink.

Almost everyone here is sucking up to someone else, and dissent is treated harshly. A handful of people sit at the top of the heap and decides everyone's opinions of things. A good example of this is how HaloOfTheSun worked to ostracize SexualBubblegum by constantly remarking on how unfunny SBG had become; other members quickly picked up on this change in policy and cast SBG out of the community.

4) Isn't this forum about RPG maker?

This forum is supposed to be about the RPG maker program, but lmost no one seems to care about this aspect of the forum. Some mods have admitted that the forum has drifted and now has no real purpose. Attempts to revitalize the forum by including new features and new subforums have failed because there aren't enough people to use them. There are better alternative forums out there for all the non-RPG stuff but the mods are reluctant to eliminate all the extra forums and give up control over their cliques. These silent forums are just so much dead weight which is slowly dragging the site down.

What do you people think?

Saladin, man, you are such a great great guy.
But you enraged the "Get Ass Kicked By a 12 year old asshole" system now.

1. Go to www.anesisgaming.com/forums , It has hardly like 5-8 active members, still it runs very succesfuly and all of  the members have their fun over there.
*ting again, 5 points!*

2. The Rules are okay, ppl spam topics but for that you can't blame the whole forum because it's the same 2-3 ppl who do it. Also the 1 mod acts like 10 mods(no that doesnt mean they got 10 peenozzez) so the modding is no great deal.
Too many mods would make the place strict, but the mods are kind and friedly, and the forum is good without being strict.
(or watever the spellin' is)
*ting 10 points!*

3. HaloOfTheSun is cool, and dun you say anytin' to mah man! He told SBG that he was becoming unfunny and all because it was true. SBG was getting a little silly and all. We have to adjust in the community on everyone's opinions. You said less mods, more mods=more nagging, so you just betrayed yourself. OH WHY LORD WHY!!!!!!

*ting 15 points!*

4. You're doing the same mistake Rocko did. Compare the forum with a school. You don't go to school and start sex with you're books all day. You have recess, break periods. Only, our forum is a light school with a better principal(crankeye is good, SILVER U SUX) so it's a nice and light forum. Nice balance over things. We have made different sections for art, for p.e for recess etc. Other forums just join it together.
*tin 20 points*

Also, SBG, you really dissappointed me.
Tell you what, RMRK is going downhill. All of you old grown ups (yeah thats wut you are OLD OLD OLD OLD) just get bored too fast. If you don't have a little trust, you won't past the test. The forum wont let you be, and you wont let the forum be. SO yeah, i just think that all of you idiots should stop all this "DOWNHILL" thingamafuck. lol. Or else we'll really go downhill.

*ting emotions 25 points! i hit the goal*

Btw, SBG and Saladin, sorry to say But you are offically Ass Kicked by me.
Have a nice day. ~
Arlen is hot.

Dupe account made by Blizzard =(
Rep:
Level 87
the problem is that there are many ppl who dont like this forum anymore. they want change and improvement. there are others who say its fine. these two sides clash together and this is a problem.

and for everybody who says: "you dont like it here? then leave!" this is wrong! these ppl dont want to leave! they care about this forum. they dont want it to die. thats why they dont leave but say what they think. telling them to leave is stupid and ignorant!
what!? ur not supposed to see this!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think we have too many threads now saying how much this place sucks...

Why not do some thing about it and help... I dunno, start making some resources, help the nOOb's do what ever you like... There is nothing creative being disruptive or negative...

If you feel it's getting borring then stop being borring...

Take a leaf from Nightwolf, help him do an article for his newspaper...

Make some music, or graphics...

Build your own site and affliate it with this one...

I dunno, just stop blaming this forum... If it wasn't here it wouldn't be any better else where... Try another fourm, see how quickly you return... Take a month out of here and go to RMRK.org... It's no better there... I tried it for a month it sucked !!!

Saladin -  you have raised some pretty good points, I mean yes things are slow at the mo, but the good weather has just returned and many are enjoying it... Wait a while people will start coming back... And if not, just try and add to the forum rather than take away... I have never really seen eye to eye with you, but I still think you add to the forum with your debates, but ID has dried up some what, that could be cuz Gono and DS have dropped back on their posting as of late... And I am starting to see things from a more grounded setting... How good are you at creative stuff like resources...?

SBG - Your still the same guy you have always been... you just don't have an enemy at the mo...LOL

Your little flame wars made you extreamly funny... like your battle with Blaze... SBG is still one of the members I would nominate for an award for funny one liners and content... Bring back Blaze for round 4... His video's of you, you have to admit had added to the humor and entertainment on this site, I know he wasn't liked but every forum needs a member nobody likes all that much... Put it this way, if he was here rather than people taking a dislike to you they would be focused on him.

WE NEED MORE SPANNERS !!!... So SBG can wrappem around the forums again

I wish you would make a an RPG based around some of your ramblings, vickings and lobster clad people !!!LOL!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:30:40 PM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
and for everybody who says: "you dont like it here? then leave!" this is wrong! these ppl dont want to leave! they care about this forum. they dont want it to die. thats why they dont leave but say what they think. telling them to leave is stupid and ignorant!

LOL I didn't mean permanently...

It's like cooking. You don't want to eat the original ingredients, so you put them together in the oven, leave while its cooking, and come back later to eat the end product.

Except Irock. He can just GTFO.

Rep:
Level 97

The implication that the forums are dying is ridiculous. Things have changed since those members that are complaining have joined, and when changes occur, not everyone is going to be happy about it, and there's no sense in trying to alter anything to please everyone, because it isn't going to happen. What really needs to be done is for everyone to quit griping and move on.

If you feel it's getting borring then stop being borring...

That's the smartest thing anyone's said in this thread so far. Well... except for the fact you misspelled "boring", but that's beside the point.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
The people who are complaining are not doing anything but "raising points" as to why RMRK isn't as good as it was in its like, "glory days" or something, rather than, you know, actually making an effort to change anything.

Sure, you do have to set goals first, but if these guys really thought the forums were going steadily downhill, why didn't they speak out before?

And then, why are some of them only speaking out at all? Saladin, for example, hasn't made a single post in the RPG Maker section of the forum, but he makes the point that there should be more focus put on it, instead of the extra forums. Why bother? Then Fu, although he does post in the RM section, does so a lot less frequently than he does in the other sections. If that's so important to him, I don't understand why he didn't say something sooner.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Let's blackmail.

The next guy to say rmrk is going downhill sucks.

now say it behotches.
Arlen is hot.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think the next person who say's RMRK sucks The area at the top right of the screen (Do you actually read these news items) should show their name and links to all their posts for the last few days, so we can try and get them more envolved in things... Should a project need a new member, try and recruit those that have nothing else to do... That sort of thing...

It's Saladin, I would love to have him do all the wording for the Bad guys in one of my games, or at least design and make a bad guy for me... (Only cuz his idea's conflict so much with my own, and he is a VERY intelligent guy, when he aint flaming)

I am sure we can find a use for pretty much any member...

Actually a better idea would be to use the top corner or have a thread of people whilling to help in projects.

Dupe account made by Blizzard =(
Rep:
Level 87
The implication that the forums are dying is ridiculous. Things have changed since those members that are complaining have joined, and when changes occur, not everyone is going to be happy about it, and there's no sense in trying to alter anything to please everyone, because it isn't going to happen. What really needs to be done is for everyone to quit griping and move on.

i didnt mean "die" as in "no posts". i mean "die" as in "not interesting and boring". u dont post so much either halo. i checked through your last posts. blizz told me u were much more active earlier

@djangonator: blizzs "rmrk is going downhill" topic is 7 weeks old.
what!? ur not supposed to see this!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

@djangonator: blizzs "rmrk is going downhill" topic is 7 weeks old.

So that means Blizz was a mod when he made this. Now let me ask you this: What kind of responsible mod makes a topic like this in his own forum? Isn't one of a mods jobs to retain interest, and keep people from getting bored?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Blizzard had his reasons... Vaild ones... Granted may be he went the wrong way about expressing them...

I think I know why people are choosing to leave... (Inc Blizzard)

Again some people are going to disagree, it's only my opinion:-

It's starting to feel like two seperate forums, one for RPG makers and one for a MODS social club, and if those in that social club like you you get given extra access, if yo don't get the extra access you feel outcast and unwanted... And it seems by that measure that those in the social club being that they have extra access are some how better than those that aren't...

I think the forum having two elements is a nice idea, but I think it's been done in such away it can alienate some members, to the point they feel betrayed by a forum they have given many an hour too.

I don't think Extra access should be given as the Social Club like members feel fit "We like you so your in" cuz that implys if your not in your not liked... It should be done on your REP score... that way even if a member of the social clubs REP should fall they too could be ejected...

Fairness I think the word is... and that in my opinon is what the forum lacks...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
According to all this, The Forum Is Breaking Apart.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 94
I'm going to stick with that great old saw:

Life isn't fair.

Rep:
Level 97
i didnt mean "die" as in "no posts". i mean "die" as in "not interesting and boring". u dont post so much either halo. i checked through your last posts. blizz told me u were much more active earlier

I have over 6 posts a day on average, I post plenty for someone who actually has a life. What do you know anyway? You've been here less than a month.

EDIT: And it seems you're banned now.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
LOL, how come Nexridia is bannhed?
Arlen is hot.