RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Faces for the characters i'm making...

Rep:
Level 87
Musician & Artist
For people who have seen and prolly used my animation sets in the resource database these are going to be the faces that will appear in my game. I'm going to make it so that when a character attacks his expressions will change. These are the basic backgrounds for the faces...i'm starting a eye and mouth animation set now for them. Here's the plan, When a character gets hit his expression will go to a grunt type expression and when he attacks he will look angry. What do you think?

Treign
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:21:09 PM by modern algebra »
Dorman. T Reign

Rep:
Level 87
Musician & Artist
I just finished my first test....VERY promising....Ill upload a demo here for you guys to check it out....Very neat i must say!
Dorman. T Reign

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You are a very talented artist. I like your style, it's very nice. All in all, great job on the faces. I can't wait to see the test.

Rep:
Level 87
Musician & Artist
Here is a demo of characters taking damage...its neat to see there faces squint when they take a hit. All this will be in my next version of Dorman T Reign's RPG package. Alot of work is left though yet.

Treign
Dorman. T Reign

Rep:
Level 87
Musician & Artist
I'm interested to hear what you think modern algebra.

Treign
Dorman. T Reign

Rep:
Level 90
The idea of the faces changing it's really cool. I've done it for a project of mine. It came out reaaaaly nice and a wonderful plus to the game. I never released it though....
Any way, great faces! If you need any help with the scripting, be sure to ask.
~ Love me... I want you to love me... ~

Scripting Academy || My Deviantart || Project: Tsol - Aishite Aishite

Tired of:
Main character being found in a cliff and not being human;
Angel characters against demon ones;
Vampire characters falling in love with humans;
Human rebelling against Dragons;
More than one world in ACTUALLY one world;
DNA transfusions and mutations;
Powerful races and humans who amazingly rule almost every part of the world having absolutely no super power;
Demons being released after some time in "slumber";
Titles with Legacy or the name of the world on it;

Rep:
Level 87
Musician & Artist
Im curious, did you use scripts to change the faces...I'm limited to RPGmaker so i had to make a eye & mouth set so each character will have the same set. Then i change the enemies target animation to use this Set of eyes and mouth and make damage animations in amoung this...really hard to explain, best way is to try the demo i have up top.

Treign
Dorman. T Reign

Rep:
Level 87
that is a super fab idea! i've done alot of face graphics myself, but i never thought of using them in the battle system. I just made mine where they show different emotions when they are talking, but that's like taking it to the next level! lol kinda wish i'd thought of it ;)

Rep:
Level 87
Musician & Artist
You can't really do a whole lot with it. Not without some type of script behind it but i don't understand scripts most of the time. I can use them if all i have to do is change one or two things that are pointed out in detail in the instructions. All the characters have to use the same Eye & Mouth animation because you can't choose who the enemy attacks. The enemy is limited to one animation so it as to be able to fit with all the characters. I've got the animatios set at 000,000 so they line up easy enough in the animation creator. Here's the updated files i use, if you want to see them in action try out the demo above.

Treign
Dorman. T Reign

Rep:
Level 90
I've downloaded the game and your idea is absolutely amazing. I'd never had though of it.
I've actually done mine with faces showing different status (normal, critical, taking damage, attacking)
and done a script to alter them in battle.
If anyone is interested in that, tall me and I could easily come up with a tutorial or something like that.
Although your method requires some work, it's much more smother and gives another atmosphere to battle. Good job.

Tired of:
Powerful races and humans who amazingly rule almost every part of the world having absolutely no super power;

Rep:
Level 87
Musician & Artist
I'm pritty sure i can adopt this idea to include status effects...take poison for instance. if i add a shade of green and make is simi transparent when i import it i could make a small area to incompus the characters face, shading the character, making him look ill. I think i will do this :).

Treign
Dorman. T Reign

Rep:
Level 90
That's a cool idea.

Tired of: