RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Deadly shooting at US university. 22+ dead - Worst in history

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
More than 20 people dead in Virginia Tech shootings

BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) - A gunman opened fire in a dorm and classroom at Virginia Tech on Monday, killing 21 people in the deadliest campus shooting in U.S. history. The gunman was killed but it was unclear if he was shot by police or took his own life.

"Today the university was struck with a tragedy that we consider of monumental proportions," said Virginia Tech president Charles Steger. "The university is shocked and indeed horrified."

The university reported shootings at opposite sides of the 2,600-acre campus, beginning at about 7:15 a.m. at West Ambler Johnston, a co-ed residence hall that houses 895 people, and continuing about two hours later at Norris Hall, an engineering building.

The name of the gunman was not released.

Up until Monday, the deadliest campus shooting in U.S. history took place in 1966 at the University of Texas, where Charles Whitman climbed to the 28th-floor observation deck of a clock tower and opened fire. He killed 16 people before he was gunned down by police. In the Columbine High bloodbath near Littleton, Colo., in 1999, two teenagers killed 12 fellow students and a teacher before taking their own lives.

On Monday, one student was killed in a dorm and the others were killed in the classroom, Virginia Tech Police Chief W.R. Flinchum.

After the shootings, all entrances to the campus were closed and classes canceled through Tuesday.

"There's just a lot of commotion. It's hard to tell exactly what's going on," said Jason Anthony Smith, 19, who lives in the dorm where shooting took place.

Aimee Kanode, a freshman from Martinsville, said the shooting happened on the 4th floor of West Ambler Johnston dormitory, one floor above her room. Kanode's resident assistant knocked on her door about 8 a.m. to notify students to stay put.

"They had us under lockdown," Kanode said. "They temporarily lifted the lockdown, the gunman shot again."

"We're all locked in our dorms surfing the Internet trying to figure out what's going on," Kanode said.

Madison Van Duyne, a student who was interviewed by telephone on CNN, said, "We are all in lockdown. Most of the students are sitting on the floors away from the windows just trying to be as safe as possible."

It was second time in less than a year that the campus was closed because of a shooting.

In August 2006, the opening day of classes was canceled and the campus closed when an escaped jail inmate allegedly killed a hospital guard off campus and fled to the Tech area. A sheriff's deputy involved in the manhunt was killed on a trail just off campus.

The accused gunman, William Morva, faces capital murder charges.

Source.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

or

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6560685.stm

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
It's terrible that there are people out there like that. Those students were there to get an education, and he was out to kill them for some unknown reason.

Terrible. :-\

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thats disgusting, really. I don't live in the US..but stuff like this is disgusting in the upmost. I have also read this at GamingW, they say that 32 people were reported dead, according to the latest news.

Leave you at a loss of words it does. To think that someone has a mind sick enough to pull this off..

I just don't know.

Rep:
Level 90
It is unfortunate, but all I can say is that here in the USA, we have the highest crime rates than any other country as far as I know. Personally I am sick of being here, not just the crime rates, but mainly the quality of people.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Latest updates say 33 bodies were found. USA has the greatest chance of opportunity, but there's also the greater opportunity of dying of psychopaths and freaks/idiots. These guys should just shoot themselves and put them out their own miseries. That has the be the reason they killed, because their life sucked.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
lol tippicall americans always killing each otter...   in my country noone is allowed to haev a gun bcuz this is whut happens coz they hade an gun an if they didnt this would nevar have happen... ammerica has the worst crimenals in the world 50% of americans wil be shoot with an illeagel gun nd 25% of den will dye frum thair wounds  evry one in america is a sikopath wut is rong wit u ppl

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Yeah I just watched the news for like an hour on it. =/ this stuff sucks. coulmbine then this.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
I think something like that ever happened before in USA too...
...that some students explode bombs and shot guns at other students?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
lol tippicall americans always killing each otter...   in my country noone is allowed to haev a gun bcuz this is whut happens coz they hade an gun an if they didnt this would nevar have happen... ammerica has the worst crimenals in the world 50% of americans wil be shoot with an illeagel gun nd 25% of den will dye frum thair wounds  evry one in america is a sikopath wut is rong wit u ppl

Yea, but we can get an education in America :/

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

Fucking type right.

As for the topic, this shit happens all the time. I start to think that maybe the only reason that people would do something like this is to beat the kill record. I mean, honestly, what does this accomplish? The saddest part of the whole thing is that I am neither surprised, nor shocked.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!

Wait, what country are you from again?

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Saladin is being sarcastic and imitating the typical European of RMRK.

It is unfortunate, but all I can say is that here in the USA, we have the highest crime rates than any other country as far as I know. Personally I am sick of being here, not just the crime rates, but mainly the quality of people.
Move to Colombia.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Interesting how my spelling and grammar was remarkable, but my opinion of America was not.

Rep:
Level 90

Yea, but we can get an education in America :/

umm actually we are not as well educated here as other countries, i mean come on. The average IQ here is between 80-100. That's actually kinda sad.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
umm actually we are not as well educated here as other countries, i mean come on. The average IQ here is between 80-100. That's actually kinda sad.

Where do you get these astounding facts from?

An IQ of 80 is not much better than retarded, by they way.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Am I the only fucken person who KNEW who Saladin was spoofing, for the love of Thor's balls people IT'S OBVIOUS!

But on a serious note, the shooting was seriously some fucked up shit.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Who cares. Spoofing or not, its annoying. Fucked up shit happens all the time. You get used to it after a while.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yeah but they found two dead and said "let's not close the school, the guy probally left the state already" WTF. thouse other 30 kids could still be alive if school went lockdown.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Although we can blame the campus police for making a big mistake, you also must understand their logic. They really thought the person who did the shooting fled the scene of the crime.

Rep:
Level 94
Wow, campus police did something stupid. That doesn't happen all the time or anything. At least at this school, they weren't busy tasering an innocent student when the shooting started.

Rep:
Level 90

well here is a source I just looked up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence_(test_data)#IQ_test_score_gap_in_the_US

also just look up the average IQ for america on any search engine and you'll get the same answers.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
At least at this school, they weren't busy tasering an innocent student when the shooting started.

You mean that student who got all pissy and righteous when he couldn't produce a student I.D. and prove he actually went to that college. That one?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I think I found some one who has a disdian for cops similar to mine. Unfortunatly, I have a few in my family so I've learned to put up with them.

Rep:
Level 94

well here is a source I just looked up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence_(test_data)#IQ_test_score_gap_in_the_US

also just look up the average IQ for america on any search engine and you'll get the same answers.

FAIL

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Hey Holk, that picture is broken.