RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project of the Month

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

This thread is meant to recognize excellent projects made by members of RMRK that exemplify what is best about RPG Maker. It thus acts to hopefully draw attention to the projects that deserve it most and secondarily to provide models for the types of games that all RPG Makers should aspire to create.

Selection:

Selection is a three-step process under the current model:
  • Nomination
  • Shortlist Generation
  • General Voting

The first step is nomination period, and this is exclusively contained within RMRK+ in order that it doesn't get flooded. If you wish a project to be nominated and are not in RMRK+, then you are welcome to PM an RMRK+ member and draw their attention to the game in the hope that they will nominate it. Note here that projects which were on the short list the previous month are disqualified for the next month for reasons explained shortly.

The second step is generating the shortlist, and this too is located within RMRK+. Basically, all of the nominated projects are then voted on by members of RMRK+ where they choose their favourite three and they must give detailed reasons for their choices - this process is not anonymous to ensure legitimacy and it is private to RMRK+ to ensure honesty. The goal of this process is to narrow the choices down to only three projects for that month. The projects that make this shortlist are not qualified for re-nomination the next month in order to ensure there is not poll redundancy, but they are once again qualified for the month after.

The third step is general voting, and this is public, meaning everyone on the forum has the opportunity to participate. The candidates for this are the three projects that made the shortlist. The results of that poll determine the project of the month! Once selected, the project of the month is then tagged and stickied for the remainder of the month and may display the POTM banner forever, as well as being put on the list of POTM winners in this post. A project can only win once.

Spoiler for Original Method:
What's going to happen is the winner of Project of the Month will pick the next project of the month. They can do this in two ways. Either direct selection (i.e. they choose a single project and that project wins) or poll selection (i.e. they choose multiple projects, and a poll is set up. The project with the most votes wins. In the case of a tie, the previous winner will be the tie breaker. If this option is selected, the nominees must be submitted seven days before the end of the month).

The Criteria:

• A game cannot win twice
  • You cannot nominate a game which you made
  • It has to have enough material to have been moved out of New Projects section.
  • It cannot be an abandoned project

Games with playable demos are preferred, but as long as there are enough screenshots and detail, you can be nominated. If the nominated user is not active, then I will first inform them on whatever other forums they are on, and if, by the end of the month they have not come back, I will set up a poll. Also, finished games are allowed to be nominated. Games that win will be placed with a sticky and marked with the tag [POTM].

More rules will be clarified if I see a need further on. The Winner of the Project of the Month is stickied for the remainder of the month.

Winners:

April - Chaos Project , by Blizzard.
May  - Quintessence: The Blighted Venom, by Reives
June - Memento Vivere, by ShoSho
July - The Search for Thomas, by alexia
August - Forlorn Manor, by Anaryu
September - Cell Chamber - Chicane, by Calibre
October - Rose Memories, by Zhuge Liang
November - Dark Eternal II, by Zenogias
December - Steel Hearts, by sabao

January - The Healer, by alexia
February - Ethereal Dreams, by Team Dragonfly
March - Vacant Sky: Contention, by Project BC
April - Soul Raves 1: Nocturne Gospel, by Caro Ru Lushe
May - Celestias Ferrum, by Chance Productions
June - Dark Horizon, by sithlord999
July - The Mirror Lied, by Reives
August - The Insanity: Mind of the Condemned, by NAMKCOR
September - Shadows, by Zylos
October - Project Leviathan, by Leventhan
November - Prelude of Identity, by MrMoo
December - Wings of Eternia, by HowlingWinds

January - Seraphim Project, by Nessiah
February - Legend of Vanadia, by Aten
March - Monster World RPG, by MAX TEAM
April - Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements, by LinkMasTer
May - Final Fantasy: The Phoenix Prophecies, by madriel222
June - The Order of the Marten, by joy
July - Deira, by Deira Team
August - Nora's Dragon Stories, by Japur
September - Final Fantasy V-II: Sacred Chains, by Tezuka
October - Fall of the Living: First Outbreak, by ChainsawMelody
November - Desomiom, by Irock
December - Planeswalker, by NAMKCOR

January - Ill Will, by ChaosProductions, Rei-, and Archeia Nessiah
February - Avarice, by Anaryu & Solitayre
March - Leomorn Sword, by derkunstler
April - Valithirian Arc, by Lucidrine (Fandrey, Azrael and Archeia)
May - Legend of Zelda: Realm of the Gods, by twilight1300
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:20:06 PM by modern algebra »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I like the idea!  :)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
What of RPG Maker 2000/2003 games? You can't just leave those out because a majority of the users here use RPG maker XP. I am one of the very few here who use both 2000 and 2003.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
*changed to RM games

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
The winner each moth will be stickyed for the remainder of the moth.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Tahnks.

Lol, I better get workin' then.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I'm basically Yoda's brother
shouldn't the people of the forum be able to vote on the project of the month? because different people have different preferences on games.

example: im making a pacman game right now. some people might think it's a whaste of time because they only like a game with a good storyline. but some poeple might think a pacman game is a great and fun idea.

just so everyone knows, im 15 years old.

Rep:
Level 97
Different people do get to choose. The winner each month chooses the next. There's a different winner every month, thus different people choose. Voting would be too messy, because

a) we'd need nominees. There are lots of good games out there and we can't have a poll of 30 or more games each month.
b) how would the nominees get selected?
c) what's to stop a conspiracy? i.e. 10 people get together and decide to vote on a game because one of their friends is making it, even though it is a bad game.
d)it's be an overall messy situation.

The way it's set up is better because it encompasses a range of different games, plus since the people who choose know how to make good games, they will be fairly accurate judges of what is a good game and thus, our projects of the month will always end up being good and worth checking out.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year
Hm. When does the chosen one submit their decision for the next month's?

Rep:
Level 97
anytime before the next month.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Its obvious that Chaos Project would be the first winner. However I don't think this'll last due to lack of finished projects.  :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg:

~Winged

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
as he said demos can also be picked to win...there are a lot of demos so this can last. + its only montly not weakly.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Not to be negative or anything. We only have about 12 complete projects here. So, after a while we'll run out of projects. :o

Rep:
Level 97
as he said demos can also be picked to win...there are a lot of demos so this can last. + its only montly not weakly.

It doesn't have to be finished. Promising projects can also be nominated. And there are enough games to last us.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Not to be negative or anything. We only have about 12 complete projects here. So, after a while we'll run out of projects. :o

That's over one year, you do know that right?

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Ohh, I missed that point, sorry.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 97
It appears that Blizzard is unavailable to choose next month's winner, so I will make a poll in RPG Maker Discussion and I will put up a few games that I consider worthy candidates. This is partly because I think it's a little unfair for me to choose again, but mostly because there are too many I want to award it to. Anyway,

Check out the poll:  http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16083.0.html

EDIT:

I am thinking of modifying the rules a little bit. What do you guys think? Should I limit selection to unfinished games, or obscure games (with, say, less than 1000 views)? I kind of like it the way it is, but I am still unsure. And please vote everybody. I do not want a tiebreak decision!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 07:37:10 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
I think the rules are good the way they are now. If finished projects can't win then maybe some people wont finish it becouse they can't win anymore and that would be a shame.
I think every game should have a chance. The one who made the PotM should just be active enough to nominate a new winner. ^-^

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Hmmmm...I like the idea a lot. I'll have to look into getting my PC rid of Viruses. (I'm ready to strip my hard drive, to do what ever it takes to get rid off the 8 trojans that I have that are torturing me! They're evil! I HATE WINBLOWZ! Uhg...I don't even care if I lose my game that I was working on...the funny thing is, I don't even know ho I got it.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year
I am somewhat biased, but I personally believe that the number of views of a thread, as well as whether a game is finished or not, should have no saying in the viability of participation in the said event.

Foremostly, it would only be sensible if all existing projects are made and released at the same time for either rules; which they are not. Because the older projects will obviously have more (in most cases) progression and page views; but the project changes as do the members that view it. Hence, the argument that 'it already has enough attention' is inevitably inconsistent in terms of time frame. Taking from my biased example; Quintessence TBV has acquired 85%+ of its views from over 6 months ago, where it was (in my present opinion) crap compared to now. I have not had the time to promote the thread in the past few months as I have been doing work on it off the net; and I believe that such rule would be rather discouraging to many of those in a similar position. And same thing with finished projects; if one actually finishes a project, shouldn't they be promoted and set a sample to us who haven't? Through my times here I've looked up to many projects and learned much from all of them. A PotM, if not just an inspiration, should certainly something that one can identify as one notable of its title, instead of "the one that's left after the rest are ruled out".

« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 05:06:37 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 97
I am somewhat biased, but I personally believe that the number of views of a thread, as well as whether a game is finished or not, should have no saying in the viability of participation in the said event.

Foremostly, it would only be sensible if all existing projects are made and released at the same time for either rules; which they are not. Because the older projects will obviously have more (in most cases) progression and page views; but the project changes as do the members that view it. Hence, the argument that 'it already has enough attention' is inevitably inconsistent in terms of time frame. Taking from my biased example; Quintessence TBV has acquired 85%+ of its views from over 6 months ago, where it was (in my present opinion) crap compared to now. I have not had the time to promote the thread in the past few months as I have been doing work on it off the net; and I believe that such rule would be rather discouraging to many of those in a similar position.

And same thing, if not more so, with finished projects; if one actually finishes a project, shouldn't they be promoted and set a sample to us who haven't? Through my times here I've looked up to many projects and learned much from all of them. A PotM, if not just an inspiration, should certainly something that one can identify as one notable of its title, instead of "the one that's left after the rest are ruled out".

Okay, well then rules will remain as they are. Thanks for the input everybody. And vote!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Blizzard quit. So, how does the next project get decided?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
there is a poll in rpg maker descusion section.

Rep:
Level 97
Reives' project, Quintessence, was chosen for May's project of the month. Congratulations Reives!

Rep:
Level 89
This means a lot to me, thanks. :)

Rep:
Level 97
You deserve it. Good job.

<3
Rep:
Level 90

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
wait a sec. no offence but i see a flaw in this system.

blizzard was the first winner of potm. the game he made is an adventure game. so obbviously he likes adventure games. so he's gonna pick an adventure game as the next potm. the person that made that adventure game likes adventure games too, so he'll pick another adventure game , and the cycle continues. it's a loop, it won't stop. because: what ever type of game you like the most, you will make (it's a known fact).

here's the diagram:

do you understand it?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Makes since. I think this voting method was best. Fadark makes an exellent point. When one person has to choose. Bias comes into play. POTM should be vote only, that way it is a community decision.
Sig by MacGravel

<3
Rep:
Level 90
It is possible for someone for someone to like more than one type of game....is it?

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
While I do agree with the point to some extent, I personally believe that there are several general traits to be judged for a nomination, no matter the type of game. For example, technicality, originality, perhaps mapping, and portrayal of RM well-used overall.

Now looking at the suggestion; even if this was done by voting, the exact same bias would occur due to the fact that, in this case, the community is a RPG maker community. And the majority, would inevitably be, RPGers.

Not to mention that now when there are a lot of random people voting, the actual decision by each individual would become less and less careful as the number of participants increase; resulting in a higher likelihood for people to choose simply what game (type) they like.

Where as when an individual nominee from prior chooses, the pressure of choice is focused on the single individual, which results in a more concentrated and careful choice; because unlike the voting scenerio, the choice of the (only) individual is identifiable directly to the person him/herself (as opposed to anonymous in voting). I believe that this tends to lead to a more considerate decision in terms of overall quality of the choice as a whole.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
good point. what can we do about this?

[edit]
i got an idea! how about, each month, 10 random people are chosen to pick that month's potm. the game with the majority of the 10 poeple's votes is the potm!

Rep:
Level 97
what happens if there is a tie? or if no two people pick the same game? As well, what random process could we use to generate the comittee? What if we choose people who are not active in RM section? What if we pick two friends (any game they choose would have a good chance of winning)? By that process, I think it is too likely that undeserving games would be selected. I know that Eye of the Tiger got a serious comment saying it looked good, when even the creator made it to be bad.

Needless to say, I don't like that idea much... but I am open to suggestions. The main thing I am worried about is that the PotM has to be worthy. The idea behind this is first, it gives the creator recognition for his/her efforts, and second, that visitors to the forum who may not be willing to look through the entire forum are able to find a good game which is representative of what you can do with RM. Any method which has a possibility of selecting bad games I am not particularly open to. I wouldn't worry so much about bias. Most game creators are open to more types of games then just RPGs.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:27:41 AM by modern algebra »

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
what happens if there is a tie?
between the 10 people, we pick the person who has the most rep, and he get's the final choice between the 2 (or more) games that tied.

or if no two people pick the same game?
same as ubove

what random process could we use to generate the comittee?
the last winner of the potm picks 3, blizzard picks 2, modern algebra picks 2, and other  highly ranked people pick the other 5.

What if we choose people who are not active in RM section?
we check to make sure they are posting frequently in this section. and make sure they have enough posts

What if we pick two friends
cant happen [see: what random process could we use to generate the comittee?]

Rep:
Level 97
Maybe...

I don't really see how random selection can solve the problem of bias, since assuming 4/5 of the active members prefer RPGs, then it is likely that most of the comittee would prefer RPGs, since they are being selected from a population which is biased towards RPGs. It's a nice suggestion though. It's good to think about these things.

I think I am going to leave the decision of how the next winner gets picked up to the previous winner though. If Reives would prefer to form a comittee, then he can. If he wants to select directly, he can. If he wants to make a poll, then he can. I'll leave the way he selects up to him entirely. Hopefully, in the end, a wide range of game types will be represented as projects of the month.

But yeah, to summarize, I will leave the selecting of the winner to the previous winner. How he/she selects is up to them.

But... do you guys want me to set up a poll on how you think the winner should be selected? At least for Reives, I will leave the decision entirely up to him, but maybe for the next months I could implement whatever the outcome of the poll is? Maybe not?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I have to agree with fadark.

If 4/5[6] of the active members like RPGs, then you should find the other 1/5[6].
6 being neutral.

To make sure members actually look at games, and do stuff, you should at least make sure they have over 350 (more, probably) posts and just so they do know what's going on with rmrk.net, and actually look at the games (and they have to be active!), and the person with more rep shouldn't count more, that just shows the potm isn't totally fair. You should randomly pick a new member for it to break the tie, and that can't fail, because naturally, the game with more votes gets it. And there isn't a tie anymore.

It is possible for someone for someone to like more than one type of game....is it?

~Winged

Winged's got a good point there. [6]

Also, why not make sure they play the game, and require a screen shot. And not just vote for the one they did play. Rather than the one they didn't

Rep:
Level 102
Fadark's rep system plan won't work, since rep doesn't mean anything. People really abuse that rep system.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Fadark's rep system plan won't work, since rep doesn't mean anything. People really abuse that rep system.

Take you for example....?

Like I said, find a tie breaker person.

1000 post...

Rep:
Level 102
meh, I jut pissed some people off xD

A tie breaker person should be chosen by how much they help, and how experienced they are, and dedicated to play the game.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
A tie breaker should be chosen whether or not they're helpful.
They should be chosen at random.

Rep:
Level 102
So you'd like there to be a tie breaker that doesn't even care? It's a way to see how dedicated to RPG Maker they are, and how willing they are to help out the community.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I think of POTM as an advertisement thing more than an award though...

~Winged

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
meh, I jut pissed some people off xD

True enough...

-

So you'd like there to be a tie breaker that doesn't even care? It's a way to see how dedicated to RPG Maker they are, and how willing they are to help out the community.

To make sure members actually look at games, and do stuff, you should at least make sure they have over 350 (more, probably) posts and just so they do know what's going on with rmrk.net, and actually look at the games (and they have to be active!)

Also, why not make sure they play the game, and require a screen shot. And not just vote for the one they did play. Rather than the one they didn't

Winged is 100% right.

Rep:
Level 97

~Winged

Advertisement is part of the award to the game creator, in my opinion.

Anyway I kind of like the system how it is. I mean, yes, chances are good that a majority of the winners will be RPGs, but then again a majority of RM games are RPGs, so it kind of makes sense. While yes, a single person will have bias, I don't think there is a simple solution, but I do think that the best chance for a puzzle game, or any other game, to win is through the selection of a single person, because the more people we include in the vote, the more diehard RPG fans there will be. Just look at the poll I did for May. Forlorn Manor did not get any votes, even though in my opinion it is a great game. A democratic selection process will likely result in RPGs being chosen, since that is representative of the population. But, a single game maker will likely be able to choose one that is not an RPG, since the decision is entirely up to him, and there's no certainty that he prefers RPGs over any other type of game. Fadark is a fine example. You are making three games, an RPG, an Adventure, and a Pac-man game. All three are different genres. I am sure that any winner will choose the game they feel is the best, and I don't think that all RPG makers will choose an RPG.

That's my opinion. I like the system we have. However, as I have said before, it is a community thing, and if you guys would like me to make a poll, I can.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 08:34:51 PM by modern algebra »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

~Winged

But then again, advertisement is good, because if it's an awesome underground game, and no one saw it, it'll have the POTM on it, and more people will play it!

I'm neutral to the poll.

And Fadark, I think you're going to get a lot of reactions with your games, once they're done.
Most of all, the Pac-Man, it's never been done in RPG Maker (from what I know) and it
s clearly going to make a boom because of it's originality.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I suppose advertising is only 1 of many reasons why there is a POTM. I've noticed it shows the finer side to rmrk.net rmxp projects but it may make some other's feel excluded...

~Winged

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
alright, I have a suggestion.
(here's what I'm probably gonna use on my site if I do POTM)

1) the project must meet requirements to be moved into Projects Main
2) the last POTM winner should choose 5 or so projects that they feel
   exemplefy the standards of POTM
3) open a poll with these 5 games to the public for voting the last week
   of the month
4) poll winner == the next POTM (in case of a tie, previous POTM winner selects
   the winner)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
That seems like a good idea. The only problem I can foresee is that some people may not like 5 games on the forum, and so they might pick some of the choices randomly. That's not a very big problem of course, and it might be imaginary.

Reives has already chosen, but I think for the next months, I will just give the winners an option to either select directly, or to set up a poll between choices they think are worthy, to a maximum of 5.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ok, glad you like the Idea

I just don't really agree with the Idea the a POTM winner could just choose their friend's game instead of one that is truly POTM material
(I like site voting better, it gives a much wider idea of what the site considers POTM material)

of course it should be suggested that the winner of POTM were to select games from a variety of genre and styles, but I'm sure that given a choice, anyone who is interested would vote properly.

After all, you can't ensure everything in voting will be perfect.
(I mean, just look at America's presidential elections)

Rep:
Level 89
I just don't really agree with the Idea the a POTM winner could just choose their friend's game instead of one that is truly POTM material
On the contrary, I believe even more of the "choosing friend's game" would be the case for voting. Voting, as anonymously implemented, gives no actual pressure in the outcome on an identifiable individual. Hence, people are completely free to choose without discrimination of any kind; which allows the tempting choice of friends; or socially well-known individuals among the forum.  :)

On the other hand, when choosen by one person, it is publicly known that the choice is presented by the individual; hence it is heavily subconsciously questioned whether the choice is viable material or not. Under such public pressure, the individual is forced to choose one that upstands to the quality.

However, there are certain major flaws in the choice of one person as well. But in most cases, they are matched with the same sides to that of voting's (e.g. genre discrimination; RPG community = RPG oriented). But none the less, I believe that the following month's choice is an obvious one in terms of cross-genre comparison judging  by the work put to it and its presentation as a whole.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you bring up some great points Reives, and like I said, no system is perfect.

Rep:
Level 97
Reives has chosen June's winner.

It is ShoSho's project, Memento Vivere

Congratulations ShoSho. It is well-deserved.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Congratz Shosho, you really deserve this, I for one have witnessed how addictive the game can be =D

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for June 2007
Whee~ Thank you. ^^;; I wish I had a new demo up for the occasion, but that's still in the works.
Thank you for picking me!

Rep:
Level 97
A winner has been chosen for July.

Everyone congratulate alexia for an excellent job on her game The Search for Thomas

A great choice by ShoSho. Congratulations, alexia

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Omg, CONGRATZ =DDDDDD

Inner Winged: There are too many damn "D"s in your smiley you fool, fix it!

Winged: Sorry lord, please don't whip me again or try to take over my body =X

*='D (Save me....)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for July 2007Project of the Month winner for January 2008
Thanks ShoSho for nominating my game. And thank you to everyone else for playing it. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 97
Grr... I hate knowing who the winner is for a week before I'm allowed to post it... :'(

Anyway, you guys will like this one for sure. Alexia made an excellent choice.

Why am I posting this? I need to exercise more self control :(

Rep:
Level 102
Eye Of The Tiger...it must be.

I'll begin writing my victory speech.

Rep:
Level 97
lol, I think we might have to run out of projects first  :police:

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
:O

Whatever could it be?!?

*Awaits with baited breath*

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Um, I may be a bit late, but generally the way you solve the problem of a supposed tie is selecting an ODD number of people. Like nine. Or eleven. Perhaps, if I'm not overstepping my boundaries here, I could even suggest thirteen?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Um, I may be a bit late, but generally the way you solve the problem of a supposed tie is selecting an ODD number of people. Like nine. Or eleven. Perhaps, if I'm not overstepping my boundaries here, I could even suggest thirteen?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
What if it is a three-way tie !_!

Rep:
Level 97
And the winner for August is:

Forlorn Manor, by Anaryu

An excellent choice by alexia. I love this game personally, though I haven't actually beaten it yet :(

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
What if it is a three-way tie !_!

Yeah, three people it probably best. Then you can't have ties.

Rep:
Level 97
I kind of forget what everyone's talking about, but there can easily be a tie between three people. If they each select different projects for instance.

Anyways, if you are wondering why Forlorn Manor isn't stickied yet... Out of force of habit, I PMed Nouman without remembering he was on vacation. Will PM someone else now.

Everyone congratulate Anaryu for his excellent game!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 12:08:10 AM by modern algebra »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I kind of forget what everyone's talking about, but there can easily be a tie between three people. If they each select different projects for instance.

Oh, yeah...forgot...anyway, just find a tie breaker, and keep finding another tie breaker, until you break the tie. (If needed)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
What is September's Project of the Month if I may ask?

Rep:
Level 97
Ah, sorry, I lost internet for the past week. I was going to put up a poll up with Anaryu's selections, but since there is no time, I will put up the one that Anaryu seemed to like the most of his poll options, Cell Chamber. Everybody congratulate Calibre on a fine project.

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for September 2007
Thanks guys, and thanks Anaryu... it is a nice feeling to know the game-making greats recognise your work!

Rep:
Level 97
Alright everyone. There are new candidates for the Project of the Month. This month will be a poll, and a topic has been made in Discussion. Follow this link to have a say in October's Project of the Month!

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21153.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Rose Memories has won Project of the Month for October. Everybody congratulate him on his nomination

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Congradulations Zhuge Liang!

So, what does he get?
Porn Collection?
Free Game?
Human Soul?
A FREE WISH!?

Or just bragging rights?

Rep:
Level 97
Just bragging rights :P

Maybe I'll make a badge ...

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
It's etiher that or a (Sexual) Date with you.

Rep:
Level 97
Better start making the badge :P

Rep:
Level 90
Project of the Month winner for November 2007
er just so you know your link on the main post to the october winner "rose memories" actually links to my game DE2 =oP May want to fix that  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 97
Lol, thanks for telling me. Now I feel silly. Anyway, fixed :)

Rep:
Level 86
I'll slob on your knob like corn on the cob
I wanna nominate arrow-1's megaman game.

Rep:
Level 97
No nominations regularly, sorry. Voting only take place if the previous winner decides not to do direct seleceiton, and he/she decides the nominee

That being said, Black Shadow has selected Zenogias as November's winner, for his game Dark Eternal II. Everyone check it out and congratulate him on his fine game.

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry everybody I forgot about the PotM until the last minute. Anyway, Zenogias has waived his decision, and so there is another poll set up. Only 5 days to vote, so vote 7/5 faster this time people.

The poll is set up: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,22873.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Steel Hearts is the Project of the Month for December!

Everybody congratulate sabao for an excellent game!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Belated congratz, sabao! I wish I could see a demo...

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
How can a project be good without a demo doesn't make any sense.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
The effort put in the game, if you check out what they were doing you'd understand.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Helladen, think of it this way.

Two students are turning in a paper answering why 2+2=4. One student rushed all of his work and turned in a very shoddy paper, whilst the other student took his time and put in a lot of details but has failed to actually answer the question yet. Yet is the key word here, as he still hasn't turned in his paper. Once he does turn it in, he could definitely top the other paper easily.

The moral: RMRK simply likes the details and originality of Steel Hearts over the other projects because of it's potential.

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for December 2007
I've PMed Modern Algebra regarding next month's PotM.

Steel Hearts - Anime Strategy RPG

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
Oh I see, I always thought it was how good the demo or game was.
My new game is going to hopefully get POTM on one site >.> I am spending hours on faces.
So far I have done basic scripting of it. I hope it turns out to be a great game, I looked at Steel Hearts.
The game has some nice Artwork.
P.S. My new game isn't Tales of Zodiac, that game kind of was a dumb idea. Not many people even gave it a chance, all they did was bash on it.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 05:19:28 AM by Helladen »

Rep:
Level 97
We have our very first double winner!

Everybody congratulate alexia for her game, The Healer! Though a new project to RMRK, it is excellent and she definitely deserves the award. She also won for her completed game, The Search for Thomas, in July.

topic link:  http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23524.0.html

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for July 2007Project of the Month winner for January 2008
Whoa...I won twice?! Thanks!  ;D

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, it is now February 1 and we have a winner. Everyone congratulate Team Dragonfly for it's excellent project, Ethereal Dreams;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 04:06:30 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
Just a small correction. Ethereal Dreams is not made exclusively by Racheal, but is a team effort produced by Team Dragonfly. I've changed it in the descriptions now, but just in case anyone saw it before, I figured I should correct that.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Congratz, Team Dragonfly!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
February 29th . . . March closes in, and a new project to be nominated  :=: <shrugs>

Rep:
Level 97
Well, it's March 1st somewhere.

The winner of Project of the Month for March, chosen directly by Racheal, is EPIC: Contention, by Project BC (I think that is their name; in any case, Sailerius posted it here)

Everybody be sure to congratulate them on the excellent project.

Rep:
Level 88
Awww...but March is my birthday....i wanted to win...

Rep:
Level 97
Well, the next winner has been chosen:

...but it's not April yet so I will have to suppress my excitement and keep you in suspense. In any case, to celebrate the anniversary of the Award, I made up a little banner. If any of the game creators do not want their screenshots to be used in this way, then just tell me and I will make a new one. Also, just because some of the winners are excluded from the banner does not connote anything regarding my own game preferences - just a lack of room and a lazy moderator who arbitrarily selected screenshots.

Choosing the text is hard. I've also considered this:

The text is kind of hard to read though

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
The first banner looks nicer.

Rep:
Level 97
And the anniversary Project of the Month is....
Soul Raves 2

Everybody congratulate CRL on an excellent game.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Congratulations !
You deserved it~
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Congratulations Arlen.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Arlen is the response to every statement, always and forever.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Grats CRL ^^

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :lol: Thanx Everyone!

=< Wish I could put up a demo to celebrate. <shrugs> <3

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I know im probably late to the party.... but what if there was different sections.... for example....
unfinished game of the month....
finished game of the month....
im sure you catch what I mean....
ranging from humorous to serious...... even storyline from most heart renching moments.... to most chaotic....
just a passing thought

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
not enough games :/

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, too many categories I think. It's better to just have this on a yearly basis. Maybe we could make awards for games in the annual RMRK Awards maybe and include that many categories, but for a monthly thing I think it's better to keep it as it is.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
want to know, if it's on a yearly biases, does that mean a project thats already won will have a new chance at winning project of the month in the new year?

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Yeah that is true..... I just figured I would add a little.... but with myself being the 'newbie' in the forum... I figured there were many people making games left and right.... but the more I think about it.... I havent even posted my project and I have been working for months.... and im not even close to making a demo of it yet..... it would certainly make the 30 min limit but there are probably plenty of us out there perfecting their own games before they post it.... but never hurts to make a passing thought..... maybe something in the future when there are more games?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I find it quite particular, that at least a month of work, one could have a demo of their project =/ but it too depends of the troubles & activities the person does or have in RL.

I already have the demo, just planning to release at that specific day, & hopefully, no errors or delays, as a certain time in december =<

The point would be, that categories would have to be made when there's more RM users. But at the moment, the limited games that we have here & mostly that are Active, are few =/ so, a Category is like, would have to wait for a long time.

(Games cannot be repeatedly Awarded once they were chosen, so, in other words, *Example* Quitenssence was January 2007 game of the month, but it cannot be chosen as the Game of May 2008, unless, that is, the ones behind this whole thing speak for it =<)

Rep:
Level 97
want to know, if it's on a yearly biases, does that mean a project thats already won will have a new chance at winning project of the month in the new year?

Nah, once a project wins it can no longer be a candidate. The yearly basis thing I was talking about was maybe just making a suggestion for next year's RMRK Awards to include categories for RM games, like what hecatomb was suggesting. That would be entirely independent of PotM though, and it would just be a voting thing. In any case, it may never come about either. It was just a random thought I had in response to hecatomb's suggestion.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
May Day, May Day, we need a new POTM Caro!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I already sended a few days ago to Modern. =/

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Hm, why do I have a feeling that I already know whose project it is? :V

*stares jealously over at Monkeydlu*

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Don't spoil the fun, It was a hard decision :V

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
lol, I hope :tpg:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
It's gonna be May 2nd & still no project of the month have been announced.

>_____________>

Rep:
Level 97
Hi, I'm late. I haven't gotten on for a couple days. Caro's right, she sent it about a week ago. Anyway...

The Project of the Month for May is ... Celestias Ferrum, by Chance Productions.

Everyone congratulate monkeydlu and his team for their excellent project.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
update in the 1st post in the Project of the Month, we may want to evade this one getting promoted twice by Accident just because the title changed >_>;;

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, the end of the month is approaching, and monkeydlu has chosen an excellent project for next month, but ... I can't tell you yet :P

I just figured I'd let you all know so that if I forget again, you blame me and not monkeydlu :P

Rep:
Level 97
And the winner is: Dark Horizon

Everyone congratulate sithlord on an excellent project.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
We Have a Situation at the moment @___@ July is coming & Sith isn't back yet!?

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I think I'll set up a poll as I don't think he will be in time. If he does before the poll closes, I'll let him choose the winner.

EDIT::
He's come back and made a fine choice. I guess I won't make a poll after all :D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:44:38 AM by modern algebra II »

Rep:
Level 97
And Reives has won another POTM, making him the second person to receive two POTM nominations. Everyone congratulate him on yet another excellent game. Everyone check out The Mirror Lied if you have not already. It is well worth your time.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Has Reives chosen the new POTM, or will there be a poll?

Rep:
Level 97
Reives turned the decision over to me, and I have chosen a new PotM

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
What, no poll?

Rep:
Level 97
No, for two reasons. A) he only told me a couple days ago and so a poll wouldn't have enough time, and B) I don't think I've ever explained this in the post, but when I send them the PM they have a few options - (1)set up a poll, (2)choose directly, waive the responsibility of choosing and either (3)send it back to me to set up a poll, or (4)select another active member to make the choice. From what I understood of his reply he chose (4) with me as the active member he selected. I will set up a poll if you want though, but I would have to leave at least 5 days.

POLL Added: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28647.new.html#new

It ends in five days so go! go! go!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:09:32 PM by modern algebra »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 97
And the winner is:

NAMKCOR, for his project The Insanity: A cold and bitter diagnosis.

Everyone congratulate NAMKCOR for an excellent contribution to the RMXP canon.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
holy shit, thank you guys!

Rep:
Level 97
And I am sorry I am so late this month. NAM actually picked this game pretty much the day after he won the poll, and that project is Zylos' Shadows. Everybody be sure to congratulate Zylos on an excellent project.

Rep:
Level 85
:3
Congradulations, Zylos!
:dalton:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
:O

congrats zylos XD

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I just want to say that, although it was a difficult choice, I have chosen a project for the new PotM. That project is...

Spoiler for Super Mega Secret Spoiler!:
...going to be revealed tomorrow.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
It better be revealed at 12:01 AM.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Blame Modern Algebra if it isn't.

Rep:
Level 91
Good idea, I'll threaten to kill him if he doesn't tell me now.

Rep:
Level 97
That's so very violent of you Mr. Falcon.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
wait, it's going to be on time?

Rep:
Level 97
And this month's Project of the Month is:

(It's really hard to make it dramatic, seeing as you can see the name of the game already if you're really intrigued. I've considered Spoliers, but then people know it's in the spoiler and just click it without reading anyway. Then multiposting is the other option, but that's retarded. Project Leviathan, by Leventhan is the Project of the Month. But seriously, it is impossible to be discreet about it. Everyone sees the link. Everyone's clicked it. It's unfair)

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,29438.0.html

A PM will be in your box soon winner.

Rep:
Level 88
MA, you could PM the winner and not tell us, and tell them to post here themselves and tell us. But, I suppose that would present a problem if the person didn't check thier PMs.... Ignore me. :-X

Congrats Leviathan! :tpg:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Congrats, Leventhan. You earned it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 97
Leventhan has chosen:

November - Prelude of Identity, by MrMoo

Everyone congratulate MrMoo for an excellent project.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Yay, congrats!^_^
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Lol i had no idea that this existed.

sorry, mrmoo.

And congratulations  ;8

Rep:
Level 97
And for December, the winner is HowlingWinds, for the project Wings of Eternia. Everyone congratulate HowlingWinds for his excellent work.

Rep:
Level 97
ANd for the first POTM of the new year, the winner is Nessiah, for Seraphim Project. Everyone congratulate Nessiah on an excellent project.

ANd sorry for the late update.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY go ness  :tpg:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
homepaged :x

Rep:
Level 97
Thanks Nouman!

OK, so I totally suck at this job. Nessiah chose February's winner about a month and a half ago, and it totally slipped my mind. So:

February - Legend of Vanadia, by Aten

Everyone congratulate Aten on an excellent project. I will probably leave it up a week into March to make up for the time I stole.

Rep:
Level 97
And for March, the Project of the Month is maxteam01's Monster World RPG.

I know, I know, I'm late all the time now. This is again, my fault only. I had intended to leave it to the 7th or so to make up for lost time to Aten, but I forgot about it even then. On a plus note, I will be making a new banner to replace the old one :)

Anyway, go congratulate maxteam01 for an excellent project

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,29603.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
OK, also: New Banner created. As with the old one, it is a compilation of screens from a number of the PotMs; If any of the makers of the games do not wish a screen of theirs included in the banner, please just contact me and I will take it down.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 07:16:54 PM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
To commemorate the 2 year anniversary of Project of the Month, I have put up a poll for Project of the Year! Please vote at: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,32524.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, new project of the month has just been chosen! FCM1 has chosen:

April - Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements, by LinkMasTer

Finally! Everyone congratulate LinkMasTer for a fantastic looking game!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I edited the first post to fix my game's title in the list

also gratz, that project deserves it.

Rep:
Level 97
And the Project of the Month is:

May - Final Fantasy: The Phoenix Prophecies, by madriel222

Everyone congratulate madriel222 for an excellent game. I'm very happy that LinkMasTer picked this excellent project.

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
I was thinking about quitting this project, too.  Thanks LinkMasTer ^_^

Rep:
Level 97
Oh, please don't stop. It looks great! I only wish there were more 2k3 users on the forum to appreciate it :(

Rep:
Level 97
Another month is fast approaching, and this time we have a poll. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33296.0.html

The excellent candidates are:

Fall of the Living: First Outbreak, by ChainsawMelody

Final Fantasy V-II: Sacred Chains, by Tezuka

Nora's Dragon Stories, by Japur

The Order of the Marten, by joy

World Crafters, by maia/tons of other people.

Best of luck to all of the candidates! Please visit the poll to vote for your favourites among these fine choices:

Rep:
Level 91
Just out of curiosity, who nominates the topics if the other person doesn't respond?

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry, I fixed the link to WorldCrafters

@Falcon - I do. Which is lame, because I can't nominate Deira because of conflict of interest :(
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 01:57:15 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 91
Didn't expect it to be nominated anyways.

In the future, let's have a topic where people can nominate games.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Shoot, those are all so good... I'm actually fine with any of them getting it.

Oh, and the World Crafters link takes me to Anima (Still a great project, but I'm pretty sure it's finished).

Is it being finished a bad thing? A POTM can be both projects in production and already completed projects.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
That makes sense. And yeah, being finished is a bad thing. That means there's no more awesomeness to look forward to ;9 But all the awesomeness is there, so I guess it's fine.

Rep:
Level 97
Didn't expect it to be nominated anyways.

In the future, let's have a topic where people can nominate games.

If we did that, it'd be like two weeks before the project actually gets picked, there'd be a dozen projects to choose from, and the results would be like 4-4-4-3-3-3-2-2-1-1-0-0. I don't think RMRK has enough interest in the PotM to do user-nominated candidates. Besides, my ego likes picking the topics.

Though, there are actually some projects I wish I had put up this time around.

If we did do it, we'd need to set some rules, like any can be nominated, but they need to be seconded or something. There might be a way to do it fairly and where it would make sense. Feel free to suggest a method in the PotM topic. I'm happy enough to consider ways to do it as long as we can assure that bad games don't have the opportunity to win and the poll isn't gigantic.

And yeah, there's no rule against Finished Projects. Five previous PotMs were finished at the time of their selection. I was going to put up a couple this time around, but given the limited number of projects I could put up, I decided not to put up anybody who had previously won a PotM.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:45:57 AM by modern algebra »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
if the person who won POTM doesn't respond by the last week of the month, then the community can nominate 5 games.

the first 5 to be nominated and seconded are put on the poll for the next POTM.

This would also give people more time to scout out the projects, rather than hastily voting at the beginning of the month.

how's that sound?

Rep:
Level 97
I don't like the first five games thing. It wouldn't be hard for really shitty games to be the first five nominated. I thijnk there needs to be some quality control. The rest seems alright.

Rep:
Level 91
Have RMRK+ decide what games to vote on in the future.

Rep:
Level 97
That's a good idea. Maybe that's what we'll do then. I'm still hesitant about first five projects no questions asked though. Maybe we can have a system that if two or three people oppose the nomination of a candidate then it is removed. In any case, it doesn't happen all that often, so maybe I am over-evaluating the necessity for strict conditions.

Rep:
Level 97
And the winner is... The Order of the Marten, by joy

Everyone congratulate her on a great looking game!

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Congrats! I voted for you! ;D

- 

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Have RMRK+ decide what games to vote on in the future.

if the potm winner doesn't give a suggestion, then I agree this is likely the best course of action.

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry I'm a little late, but I was on vacation :P joy has chosen http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25708.0.html for the Project of the Month for July!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Of course Joy has chosen you... *searchs for incriminating or threatening PM's you sent to her* :V

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
I'm untouchable!

I chose for greatest improvement, and Deira went from something I had absolutely no interest in to something that actually looked like it was worth a download. And a lot of the games I think look nice have already won ;p

Rep:
Level 97
The next Project of the Month will be delayed, as there has been some effort to reform the way winners are chosen in RMRK+. If you wish to suggest a new way to choose the next PotM, please post here and it will be put on the table for discussion.

P.S. I'm totally telling the truth. I'm not just trying to keep Deira up as long as possible  ::)

Rep:
Level 91
Yeah, no one blame Modern, it's totally my idea that's keeping Deira up.

If we can't get something decided on in three days, my team will just choose.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 07:39:27 PM by Falcon »

Rep:
Level 97
The new PotM selection method has found a winner:

Nora's Dragon Stories, by Japur

Everyone congratulate Japur for an excellent project!

Some comments made on the game during the selection process:

Quote from: Redwyn
The mapping = holy god beautiful. Plus, from the features list, there seems to be a good amount of animation for the characters so that's a plus.
Quote from: grafikal
I picked [Nora's Dragon Stories] because the mapping is gold and the process of entering books to find pieces of evidence and what not for the story is pretty unique.
Quote from: modern algebra
I think the frame narrative of the story is interesting and it allows the story to go anywhere, which I think is intriguing. It also adds an element of mystery to the story that I believe could lead to exciting plot developments. Even neglecting that, the mapping is top-notch and the other graphical elements are excellent. The only thing I dislike is ring selection for the menu - I think it's ugly on that background and with so much white space to the right of it. Otherwise, I really think the project has a lot of promise.
Quote from: Karo Rushe
I find it's story been simple and unique, not every day I see an RPG in which gathering proofs of dragons to make people believe is seen. I also like the atmosphere used in the maps. The Mapping itself is great and the spriting (Specifically the trees) surely caught me drooling for them.
Quote from: DeathLockBM
Imaginative, and a creative story. Even the process of the story is unique
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:12:17 AM by modern algebra »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Nice job :)

[did no one pick a new badge for the potm yet? ._.]

Rep:
Level 97
No, not really, I took epic split and rmrk banner and offered them in the topic though. My fave is RMRK banner since it fits in with the site.

In other news, grafikal has made some lovely badges for future (and current) PotM winners. They'll look like this:

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/1zoho5j.png[/img]

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6656/potmaugust.png[/IMG]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Here's an idea :) we could display the EpicSplit here, and the RMRK one's in topics elsewhere than our site. I think it'd be cool, but it's totally up to the topic holder of course

Rep:
Level 97
Sounds like a good idea to me. Get to work :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Congrats, Japur!  :)

Rep:
Level 97
And for September, we have a new winner. Everyone congratulate Tezuka for his extremely promising game: Final Fantasy V-II: Sacred Chains

Some comments on the game during the selection process:

Quote from: Falcon
FFV-II actually looks like a damn good fangame. Spriting and systems look great, and they can't even use scripting.
FFV-II - Sacred Chains: Excellent sprites, the systems must rely on eventing, and stands out even though its a fan-game.
Quote from: NAMKCOR
the sprites look gorgeous, the eventing work is spectacular, that's all I need ...  That, and I think it's been deserving POTM for some time now.

Rep:
Level 97
And the new method has produced a winner:
October - Fall of the Living: First Outbreak, by ChainsawMelody

Everyone congratulate Chainsaw Melody on a fantastically promising game!

Some comments made during the nomination period:

Quote from: Zylos
the lighting and shadowing are extremely impressive, and coupled with the awesome Kaiser spritework he's done, he's made it a game that's simply visual eye candy. The complex detailed ABS system looks to be feat seen in very few other RPG Maker games. Just from the screenshots alone, I'd say this game is well worth waiting for.

it doesn't limit itself to the fantasy setting, and RTP graphics. Greatly done modern maps, with HK sprites being used its graphically amazing. The ABS is excellent by the looks of it, from the screenshots and the shooting trailer

Quote from: modern algebra
It's nice to see a game which isn't to the same small scale that every other RMXP game is. The fact that everything is scaled with it and still nice is refreshing. Further, the modern tilesets are used extremely well. The weapons in the game are very cool and it's clear that a lot of detail has gone into the battle system in general. I think it is a very promising project.

Rep:
Level 97
And the November winner is Irock's Desomion. Everyone congratulate him on a fine project!

Some comments made during selection:

The outside maps are pure gold, the music is very fitting, and the general atmosphere is just unbelievable. It was made in only a week, yet it is more fun than most of the games I've ever played.

Quote from: grafikal
I voted for irock's game because it was pretty fun ... i liked the puzzles and gameplay. The mapping was nice, though a bit cluttered at times.

Rep:
Level 97
The winner is NAMKCOR's Planeswalker!

What's there to say that hasn't already? It's a game with a captivating storyline and rather ingenious systems, not to mention the mapping and music. Just the first ten minutes alone is enough to completely astound you as to how much effort was put into it, and yet it was made in only one week. Truly amazing.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:14:12 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
And the first PotM of the new year is Ill Will, by ChaosProductions. Everyone congratulate them on an excellent project!

Rep:
Level 83
"Stop staring and focus!"
Project of the Month winner for January 2010
It should read ChaosProductions, Rei-, and Archeia Nessiah. Despite my username being plural, I am a separate entity, and they deserve their share of the credit.

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, thanks for the notification

Rep:
Level 97
The project of the month for March is Leomorn Sword, by derkunstler. Everyone congratulate him for an excellent game!

Rep:
Level 97
And the project of the Month for April is Valithirian Arc. It seems appropriate that this is the third project of the month Nessiah has been involved with and the third anniversary of the PotM

Rep:
Level 97
And the project of the month for May 2010 is: Legend of Zelda: Realm of the Gods. Everyone congratulate twilight1300 on an excellent project!

Rep:
Level 97
Hey all, this has been replaced by Project of the Season