RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Futaiten: Book of Days -- SECOND DEMO!!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Yo, guys!  Been some time since I last came here.  Without further ado, I present to you THE SECOND DEMO RELEASE.

http://www.kingaranfantasy.com/index.php?id=games

Massive props to Dwarra for hosting this for me.

Trivia info! :  The first demo release of Book of Days reached over 100 downloads.

YOU CAN DO BETTER THEN THAT, PEOPLE!!  Tell all your friends about my beautiful game.  :D

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Keep releasing demos and we'll have the full game.
I'm downloading it noe, i'l check and see later.
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Methinks this demo has about two hours of gameplay.  Maybe more, maybe less...
In any case, I think it's twice as long as the first demo.  Maybe.  And it's still just the beginning... oh, it's only going to get better after this.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
you know why i hate rm2k and rm2k3? the font is goddamn hard to read...isnt there a font patch?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
There is for 2k, and for 2k3, you have to install the fonts that come with it yourself. Then they aren't so hard to read.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
wow a 2nd demo of a game..
that's 1 demo more than anyone else make :O
i am impressed
and wow 2 hours too...
maybe if we want a yet another half a year there will be a 3rd part  8)
you should leave more often :P
holy shit my sig was big!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yeah, seriously. XD  Took half a year to get 10-15% done...  Well, the only reason I released a second demo is 'cause people asked for it.  My intention was only to release two demos and then the finished game.  The second demo was supposed to be a 50% complete game, though.  But, like I said, people asked for this one.  So now we're looking at three demos and then a final game.  At the rate I'm going, it looks like the 50% demo will be released in about a year and a half, and then the finished game in three or four years from now.

Dang.

It's understandable, at least I think so, because you've got to remember... I'm only one person.

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
Well, it might not take that long. I have about 10-15% of my game done
and I started 2 months ago. But then again, I don't have all the resources
I need. But I doubt it will take 3-4 years. How long do you plan to make your
game?
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep:
Level 91
some got the time and some don't..
don't rush it, we can wait 4 years ~_~

good luck with finishing the game

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
4 years from now, the people looking forward to this game probably won't be coming anymore.

And MoT, maybe this game is going to be about 20 hours long when its done. Cause 3-4 years, you could definitely make at least a 20 hour long game.

With my game, I'm 65% done!

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 92
:shock: Holy cow! 20 hours?!?!?!

My game will be about 3 hours at most.
Wow....that will take quite a while....

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Quote from: Master_of_Time
:shock: Holy cow! 20 hours?!?!?!

My game will be about 3 hours at most.
Wow....that will take quite a while....

I'm only guessing that. Since 'm not Yossy, I have no idea. But still, working on any game for 3 years at least once a week, could give you a minimum of 10 hours of gameplay, if you tried really hard to make it short. Normally trying would be about 20 hours.
My game.... will likely be about 4-7 hours when I'm done with it. Maybe 8.(Talking about Kazekem here).

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 92
I work on my game almost every day.
I haven't test played it all the way though yet, so I don't know exactly
how long it's going to be. Anywyas, good luck to Yossy with her game.

:D  8)  :D  8)  :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Saw it on there yesterday and started it but didn't get far,i'll get farther today:D
I like to feast on souls,what about you?
http://kune-tear.deviantart.com/
Please visit, and if your in to awesome anime visit this link,no joke.
http://lightmusashi.deviantart.com/

Rep:
Level 91
meh 20 hours long aren't "omg that much?!?!?!"
i mean, before i came here i made a game with the skills i didn't have in about 4-5 days and the gameplay time was about 30-40 minutes if you try rushing
if you actually wanted to beat the last monsters it would take 2-3 hours cause the bosses were far from balanced ~_~

(but walkage was 30 minutes... i know cause i removed the bosses to check it)

but then again, once i joined this forums i wasn't able to do more than a map at a time ^<

laziness is happiness  :^^:

but now seriously.. 4 years... don't think so :P
maybe you should just add a demo once per 10% seeing as it takes you 3 months Xx

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Very great Yossy,just finished and loved it. Humorous,cute,simple and easy to follow,plot is great also 5/5:D if i were to be a reviewer
I like to feast on souls,what about you?
http://kune-tear.deviantart.com/
Please visit, and if your in to awesome anime visit this link,no joke.
http://lightmusashi.deviantart.com/

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I've actually yet to delve into the plot.  This demo barely scrapes the surface of the massive world I've created in my strange little head.  It's not as simple as it sounds (Light vs. Dark or Good vs. Evil), in reality, what is being portrayed to the player as "Light" or "Good" is, in fact, the opposite.  Or, even better, something in between.  The cuteness/simplicity is misleading, no?  It's, like, a NINJA GAME.  'Cause it sneaks up on you.

Great to hear the feedback, everyone, but I've some bad news...

I've just learned that I got carpal tunnel syndrome, no doubt a result from video gaming/typing all day.  My visits here may be sparing, and progress on this game may be slowed...  oopsy...  BUT!!  I've gotten a few maps done since the demo release.  It is progressing... it's just going slowly.

For the record, I'd like to say that it's very difficult to type with one hand.  Normsally I'm not a typo kind of persin, I'm the sort of person who edits old posts just to fix typos, but I'm aware that I'm making quite a few now.  It's not my fault. :whoa:

EDIT:  Funny how the only typos are in that one sentence.  Oh, the irony.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Get better soon yossy  :cry:

OMG TRIVIA : Futaiten : Book of days demo 2 has reached 50 downloads in under a week :OMG:

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Thats pretty rocking. Wish my game did that well.
Carpal Tunnel syndrome? Sounds like a diseased fish crawled into your arm. Get well soon, crazy. :wink:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
XD  That's really funny.  Interesting image that summons up, too.

Glad to hear everyone's support, it makes me feel all warm and squishy inside.

I've made a resolution for myself:  I must make at least one map OR event sequence every day...  it's a nice way of pacing myself.  So, I've gotten quite a few maps done recently, but I'm lagging behind when it comes to the events. XD  I'm progressing faster with this resolution than I have been in the past, when I would just work whenever I felt like it.