RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Just starting my first game

pokeball HeZOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hey, new to the forum, thought i would get stuck straight in and tell you guys about my RPG, I'm hopeing to have it done by new year (2007/2008) I know that seems along way away but I'm just being realistic  :lol:

OK basic storyline is:
A small village is attackd by its own country for harbering rebels, only survivors are 4 young boys, they escape to a forest and live off their environment for years, hunting, and becomeing stronger and all bent on getting revenge against the general that destroyed their home.
After many years of living in the forest oblivious to the war raging around them, they are slap bang in the middle of one of hte biggest battles yet, they have to decide a side to fight for, Nero and Craig decide to help the rebels, and the other 2 (Serego and florn) decide to help the generals forces, persuaded by the promise of great dark power. the rebels are beaten and a few stay back to hold the enemy forces back, to buy their friends tiem to escape.
Nero and Craig are now sent on a mission to assasinate the general, unfortunately they run into their two old friends, they fight it out, and Nero is taken captive. Craig and a few of the rebels decide to rescue Nero, they break into the castle and search for Nero, only to discover he ahs been sent to the most secure prison in the kingdom.
Meanwhile Nero escapes from his chains, and manages to find his way to the exit, unfortunatley he is attacked by several elite gaurds, and taken to the General. The General wishes to have some entertainment, and returns Nero's armour and weapon, and a few items he now makes him fight 3 of the other prisoners, then 2 of the gaurds, and then 2 elite gaurds.
The generals left hand man steps in as Nero attacks teh General, Nero kills him and takes the key to the exit, the General flees Nero escapes and amases his friends as he bumps into them outside, they return to the safety of the rebel hideout, where they are told of the only way they could possiby win the war, the power of 4 crystals, but unfortunatly one of the Generals spies passes on the information and they race to get to them first, the two armies meet at the entrance, and hold eachother at bay as Nero, Craig, Serego, Florn and a few high ranking rebels manage to slip into the main chamber, Nero manages to get to the crystals first, but Serego captures Lauren (one of the rebel commanders Nero is quiet fond of) and threatens to kill her if he does not hand them over, Nero hands over the crystals and Serego causes the chamber to claps as he uses the crystals power to leave.
As Serego returns to the General he refuses to hand over the crystals and instead kills him, taking control, useing hte power of the crystals he raises the castle from the ground, and heads towards the great city of wingardia, which is home to the greatest mages in the world.

Thats as far as I got with the story, and im not gunna reviel  anymore ;) i think i spoiled it enough  :O_o:  lol

Some screenies from the opening screen (which is all i have managed to do so far)

Right I would like any advice plz :)

am also interested in any ideas for side quests, to help increase the playtime on my game, make it a bit more interesting, ofcoarse people will get credit for any help :D

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Your mapping needs work. Make the environment more interesting.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Furthermore, I would say add some trees. And different shades of grass. If you look at the path, the grass all around it is lighter than the rest of the grass. That's kind of annoying. Make all the grass lighter, and then add patches of the darker grass. And just more random detail. And on a personal note (this may be just me) but I don't like the flowers in the bottome pic, how there are two on each side of the road there...

But at least add some trees, at the VERY least.

This will lead to some much better maps. But, it's not entirely bad for a first game.  :wink:
:tinysmile:

pokeball HeZOffline
this better? i madea few improvements

hopefully they look better :) thanks :D

pokeball HeZOffline
sorry for the double post but i only just noticed haloofsun's post after i started posting mine...lol...once i finish the starting animation i will post a link to dl it here, then u will see there are trees further up the map, its a lil village, they cut down a clearing for there homes, i dont think they would leave an odd tree here n there :P lol but i will add a few more...looking at it its not much of a forest edge lol

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i was just about to say change the window transparency but you seem to have done so already

if i read it correctly are youm saying a flying castle thats a great idea

pokeball HeZOffline
yes ahref it is a flying castle YOUR EYES DO NOT DESIVE YOU!!  :shock:  :shock: lol :P im either gunna look around for the tile sets of it, rip em from somewhere, or just make me own by editing existing ones or starting over  :roll:  should go alright :D

like i said earlier im still looking for ideas for side quests, anything realy, absolutley anything, ones for fun and just humorous, or serious ones :)

i was also thinking bout making a weapon creation into the game, so u can gather materials from monsters, buy blueprints, and tehn make ur own weapons and armour, but i havnt thought of a way to do ti yet so any help with ideas would be apreciated  :roll:

pokeball HeZOffline
ok sorry yet again for another double post lol, ahref i aint changed transparency on windows, dont no how :S but i would like to, how do i do it? :P thanks :D

pokeball HeZOffline
OK this is just the opening animation of my game, but still :P

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=51ERBY32

you should get the catipillar script, if u need it i got it and i can post it, i got some other scripts too if u need em to make ur game better. Don't worry about actually messing up your game because the scripts i have are the ones that say "create a new script above main" so u can delete them if somethin goes wrong :D
Project X <--- my game
Demo 100

if i were you i would use the slipknot message script, cattipillar script, and also work on your maps.....they need more life to them....there's my advice lol...you can find these scripts in the script database on this forum i think lol
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

completion: 8% (i think lol)
DEMO: http://files.filefront.com/Hero2exe/;4883008;;/fileinfo.html

pokeball HeZOffline
i used the slipknot script and it kinda...just...died...the rpg wouldnt play anymore and i had to remove the script, i got no idea why it dont work :S

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Its easy to fix  :roll:

Or maybe use the legal eh?

Your maps are poor. Too plain >.>