RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bands that go great in games.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm one of those silly types that usses mp3s. And I've done 2 games so far and I'm working on a third. some bands I've found go really good with a game are...

Manowar
Blind Guardian
Nightwish
Switchblade Symphony
Siouxie and the Banshees
Dio
Iron Maiden
Ozzy (Yeah he's just one guy and not really a band, but...)
London After Midnight

So I'm asking every one who prefers Mp3 audio over Midi what they like putting in their games. I just thought this would be neat.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Black Mages bitches! Yeeeeah.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
The Clash
The Ramones
Operation Ivy
Sublime
Dead Boys

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Also I forgot...

Dream Theatre

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Pentaphone
Klaus Bredet
Apocalyptica
Deep Forest
Renholder

I use mainly instrumentals, with the exception of one or two lyric-filled song. Mind you, finding a song with lyrics that'll work in a fantasy setting isn't as easy with a playlist full of metal and industrial. :P

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
A post - apoclyptic setting is good for metaland industrial. Now blind gurdian is a metal band that goes with a fantasy setting. lFor eaxple Havrest of Sorrow, Beyond the relas of death, mordreds song and the bards song -in the forest are good.

Cradle of Filth
Megadeth

Are pretty good for Boss battles.
And some ripped songs from certain FF games also work for sad parts...
Suteki Da Ne, 1000 Words, Aeriths Theme

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
Well for shooting game I like listening to Soilwork and NIN, thats awesome pump up music :^^:

For an rpg though, I'd have to say a perfect circle, ecspecially if its no lyrics in it, that would be good background music  :^^:

Also Known As:
Nec - Tactics Arena Online / MysticNec - Maple Story / [opiate] Mystic - Counter-Strike

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Quote from: ArkBennett
Megadeth

My 2nd favorite band.

Drgaonforce
Kamelot
Demons And Wizards
Rhapsody

More heavy metal bands with lyrics that will work. You just have to know the right bands before you can make that statement.
:tinysmile:

Almost forgot Opeth. :P

Nightwish = Ultimate Gothic Setting Music, thier song 'Moondance' is ULTIMATE FIGHTING MUSIC!  :D

Also, thanks to everyone for giving me ideas! I never knew half of these bands before, and now that i'm listening to them, I like 'em!
WHY DO YOU HATE ME!?!?!?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
No problem. This topic is turning out pretty neat.

Another band for a gothic setting could be Lacramossa. I don't remeber if I spelled it right.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
I use a midi of MxPx's Fist vs Tact for fights

Rep:
Level 89
How about
Breaking Benjamin, Blow me away
(the same song used in Halo 2)
very good
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

I find much of Apocalyptica's twenty-something albums usually have something worthwhile to use in a game. True, most of their songs are Metallica covers using Cellos, but damn is it ever good. :P

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Almost forgot about Symphony X

Rep:
Level 89
Waah
Ummm, I mostly make my own music/sound effects.
Though I've used Inflames - Jester's race

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I've used Moon sheild by In Flames. i'm not into them much so I think that's the only time tehy'll be in one of my games. I'm not saying they're bad, I think they're very good. It's just I haven't really gotten into them.

Rep:
Level 89
Waah
I acually don't think they do much of "game" music.
But Jester's did fit to my title though.

Rep:
Level 90
Learn music and listen to dragonforce. they are gods.. rack band that sings about mythical stuffs...
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 97
Quote from: HaloOfTheSun
Dragonforce
Kamelot
Demons And Wizards
Rhapsody

They are great, and it's too bad they're so unknown.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I just remembered. Gregorian monks. Stuff from 'The Masters of The Chant' albums. They do a bunch of covers. So if some one wants music thats melancholy and mideivil Gregorian Monks are something to consider. Before The dawn is a song I definately suggest.

I don't beleive that I fogot about the monks. >.<

Rep:
Level 91
the best is 4 words

SYSTEM OF A DOWN 8)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
What kind of setting would Nirvana be appropraite? I just wouldn't think grunge in general would fit into an rpg. But it probly depends on the setting, maybe an rpg set in the mid 90's?

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, in the 90's.
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Rep:
Level 90
supergreen X
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd

Try senses fail - Slow dance for a sad part of a game..
I used it when a fellow party member got recruited in the army.